• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Is Over. What Position Do You Want to Draft in First Rounds?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they saying about Wilfork and Gronk for Game 1 next season? A badass load of a nose tackle to work with Vince wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Restoring dominance at those two positions would mean everything to your team.

Well they are pretty sure Gronk and Vince will be ready. I have read that with the type of injury Vince has players typically have about a 30% drop off in production, which IMO is significant, but I think Vince will still be a quality DT and if we don't cut Kelly he will be 100%. A lot of Pats fans want to draft a DT early and it makes some sense I don't agree but I understand the train of thought. IMO our rookies by virtue of injury got boat loads of quality playing time and improved vastly because of it. We also picked up Armestead from Canada he somehow contracted MERSA but he should be ready as well. While there is a need I feel it can wait until round three or four.

I just don't want BB drafting any WRs IMO he sucks at assessing them.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they are pretty sure Gronk and Vince will be ready. I have read that with the type of injury Vince has players typically have about a 30% drop off in production, which IMO is significant, but I think Vince will still be a quality DT and if we don't cut Kelly he will be 100%. A lot of Pats fans want to draft a DT early and it makes some sense I don't agree but I understand the train of thought. IMO our rookies by virtue of injury got boat loads of quality playing time and improved vastly because of it. We also picked up Armestead from Canada he somehow contracted MERSA but he should be ready as well. While there is a need I feel it can wait until round three or four.

Have the Patriots even drafted a WR relatively high (not necessarily in the first round but the first 3-4 rounds)? I can't seem to think of any blue chip guy getting drafted by y'all.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Patriots even drafted a WR relatively high (not necessarily in the first round but the first 3-4 rounds)? I can't seem to think of any blue chip guy getting drafted by y'all.

They drafted Dobson in the 2nd just last year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will almost never complain about my team drafting a DT early. What infuriates me is when they shock the world by using a #9 pick on someone like Jake Locker or a first-round pick on a 5' 10" WR that hardly anyone knows about. Bullshit! If I'm a GM, I would never ever draft a QB or WR in early rounds unless it's a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck-type player who fell past the top spot. And I would almost always seek to trade a #1 pick. The Titans have so royally screwed up the draft and free agency for so many years now that I truly believe if it were my job, I could have the team in a better position to win today. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

:gaah:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a pretty solid season for a rookie. What about other than Dobson? Have there been high picks that were completely wasted?

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Sharon Dropson last year.

Exactly

I will almost never complain about my team drafting a DT early. What infuriates me is when they shock the world by using a #9 pick on someone like Jake Locker or a first-round pick on a 5' 10" WR that hardly anyone knows about. Bullshit! If I'm a GM, I would never ever draft a QB or WR in early rounds unless it's a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck-type player who fell past the top spot. And I would almost always seek to trade a #1 pick. The Titans have so royally screwed up the draft and free agency for so many years now that I truly believe if it were my job, I could have the team in a better position to win today. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

:gaah:

Makes sense we all know games are really won in the trenches, it's less glamorous but IMO that is where it all starts and ends. I would not be surprised to see BB take a DT or a DT / DT like Tuitt.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a pretty solid season for a rookie. What about other than Dobson? Have there been high picks that were completely wasted?

Not sure when we took that kid from UF whose name now escapes me. But I think we took him in round two.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has always been tough for me to see teams draft some 5' 8" corner when there's a dominant 6' 6" DE or DT available. I just hate seeing early picks go to QBs or DBs. :2cents:

agreed Hammer but first and foremost, the Packers have to address the competition in their own division. Megatron and the Bears receivers had their way with their secondary. They managed to muster a respectable run defense but man oh man, that secondary needs help. Go for 6ft or taller with some meat on their bones

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed Hammer but first and foremost, the Packers have to address the competition in their own division. Megatron and the Bears receivers had their way with their secondary. They managed to muster a respectable run defense but man oh man, that secondary needs help. Go for 6ft or taller with some meat on their bones

Oh, I totally understand that secondary can be as important as DL; it's just hard to watch a team take some shrimp when there's a big, angry beast available. :D

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order

SS - Whitner will probably be gone. Would like someone with better coverage skills that can still lay the wood.

CB - Rogers is gone and maybe T Brown so this is obvious, would love a big physical CB that can manhandle receivers.

WR - Need a burner that can take the top of a D both are starting wideouts are to slow.

KR/PR - Been a glaring weakness since Ginn left.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs...WR/TE,CB,S,NT,ILB,OLB,RB

TE is not a real need, but the hybrid guys coming out can work in the slot, wide, or in tight.

1/15. 1.Ebron, 2.Evans, 3. Benjamin, 4. Mack, 5.CJ Mosley

2/47. 1.Robertson CB FL, 2. Fuller CB Vitech, 3. Purifoy, CB FL

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S, CB, G
C, OT
Project QB, WR, RB

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints (27th)

1. CB or S: NO has to make a lot of cuts in the offseason to get under the cap and still re-sign Graham. Greer, Harper and Robinson could all be on the chopping block. I'm thinking Joyner from FSU, Pryor from Louisville or one of the Florida corners

2. OLB: Victor Butler will be back next year, but it wouldn't hurt to bring in an every down player. I like Shazier from tOSU.

Packers (21st)

1. DT: Raji's probably on his way out.

2. CB or S: Shields is probably gone, and they more depth there anyway.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1a OL
1B CB
2n S

assuming no trades

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints (27th)

1. CB or S: NO has to make a lot of cuts in the offseason to get under the cap and still re-sign Graham. Greer, Harper and Robinson could all be on the chopping block. I'm thinking Joyner from FSU, Pryor from Louisville or one of the Florida corners

2. OLB: Victor Butler will be back next year, but it wouldn't hurt to bring in an every down player. I like Shazier from tOSU.

Packers (21st)

1. DT: Raji's probably on his way out.

2. CB or S: Shields is probably gone, and they more depth there anyway.

I never recommend taking a QB in the first round but the Saints just might be an exception.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never recommend taking a QB in the first round but the Saints just might be an exception.
The problem the Rams have is that none of their needs are 'first round' needs. Jeff Fisher is known for getting offensive linemen deep in the draft and there are no secondary players worth a top 20 pick