• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Raiders Preseason Game 4

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun game watching the fringe players vying for a spot on the 53 man roster... This will be more enjoyable than watching the M's tonight...

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for me.....always worry about pre season injuries! Cant wait til this is done.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great penetration on 3rd down!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniel should make team...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice run back by Pope. Best offensive play in the game, which has been meh so far.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin looks awful... and that's being nice... I don't feel comfortable w/ him as our backup...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pope doing everything he can to make the roster.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how many of these running backs are going to make this team? There will be some interesting decisions to be made over the next couple days for sure and I don't envy Pete and John for having to make them.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin looks awful... and that's being nice... I don't feel comfortable w/ him as our backup...

He's looked good to very good for most of the rest of the preseason, so I'm perfectly comfortable with him as the backup. Besides, it would be disingenuous to put it all on Boykin. The offensive line looked pretty awful for much of the time he was in there tonight. Yes, he made some bad decisions (especially putting himself in position to take that safety one way or another), but rookie quarterbacks are gonna do that, especially when they're still getting used to a style of play that they've either never played or haven't played since high school.

Most of this game was dominated by defense on both sides. Whether it resulted in the punt fest that was the first three quarters or in momentum-swinging turnovers like we saw in the 4th quarter, this game was dictated by the defenses. Once the Hawks were actually able to get good field position in the 4th quarter (I don't blame Carroll for preventing Lockett from taking any chances on returns) and got the running game going, the offense finally opened up and Boykin looked more like the player we've seen for a good chunk of the preseason.

Our defense looks ready to defend its #1 ranking again this year and the offense, now that they know that they can depend on several running backs to do damage and that the starting offensive line isn't likely to be atrocious to start the season, can pick up where it left off last season too. I'm excited for the season to get started.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first half -- maybe 3 quarters -- of this game was a snoozer for the most part. It seems we came out with no injuries, so that's probably the top takeaway.

If Pope & Collins are battling each other for a roster spot, I thought they both helped themselves last night.

I am not sweating Boykin, but it's like I always say about backup QBs: the perfect ones are the experienced vets who can come in cold and hold it down well enough. Guys like Boykin are great QB3s, but we're clearly going the cheap route here and betting on RW's durability a bit. It's not a terrible plan because I think Boykin does have some talent, but it comes with some risk.

The D looks more or less ready. I don't see much in the way of tough offenses on the schedule until we play Arizona in week 7. That's lots of time to get on a serious roll.

Week 4 of pre-season is probably shoved in the rear view quicker than any of the other games, looking forward to being on hand next Sunday to get this going.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looked good to very good for most of the rest of the preseason, so I'm perfectly comfortable with him as the backup. Besides, it would be disingenuous to put it all on Boykin. The offensive line looked pretty awful for much of the time he was in there tonight. Yes, he made some bad decisions (especially putting himself in position to take that safety one way or another), but rookie quarterbacks are gonna do that, especially when they're still getting used to a style of play that they've either never played or haven't played since high school.

Most of this game was dominated by defense on both sides. Whether it resulted in the punt fest that was the first three quarters or in momentum-swinging turnovers like we saw in the 4th quarter, this game was dictated by the defenses. Once the Hawks were actually able to get good field position in the 4th quarter (I don't blame Carroll for preventing Lockett from taking any chances on returns) and got the running game going, the offense finally opened up and Boykin looked more like the player we've seen for a good chunk of the preseason.

Our defense looks ready to defend its #1 ranking again this year and the offense, now that they know that they can depend on several running backs to do damage and that the starting offensive line isn't likely to be atrocious to start the season, can pick up where it left off last season too. I'm excited for the season to get started.

Outside his late game heroics earlier in the preseason, I haven't been that impressed with him personally... He was playing against vanilla defenses... If he has to play against more complex defenses during the season, the team will struggle quite a bit on offense imo...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside his late game heroics earlier in the preseason, I haven't been that impressed with him personally... He was playing against vanilla defenses... If he has to play against more complex defenses during the season, the team will struggle quite a bit on offense imo...

Well if the defense plays the way that we're used to seeing them play and the running game looks as good as it has looked for a good chunk of the preseason, he's not gonna have to do much anyway.