• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks vs Colts breakdown!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are 3.5 pt favorites on the road

Personally I feel more comfortable with this match up with Unger and Irvin back and not having to go up against JJ Watt, but Indy presents us some interesting match ups

Seahawks Secondary vs Indy's Wide Receivers
- I think it's safe to say that with our secondary we have a right to feel confident going up against any team's core of wide receivers. The colts group of wrs, however, present a bit of a different challenge. They have a legitimate number one in Reggie Wayne and two very dangerous deep threats in TY Hilton and Heyward-Bey. The dilemma I think is do we put Sherman on Wayne or do we put him on TY Hilton? The reason why I ask this is because Browner, while he is a great physical corner, tends to struggle against the elite speed guys (remember last year against Titus Young).

Sherman is the one corner that can match up with those burners with his excellent speed. So maybe a good match up would be Browner on Wayne, Sherman on Hilton, and Thurmond on Heyward-Bey. Or Sherman on Wayne and Browner on Heyward-Bey but when they bring out their 3 WR set we put Thurmond (who can also run) on Hilton. That, however, leaves us with 97 speed Heyward-Bey on 85 speed Browner...which could be a problem.

Overall, I think our secondary still has the edge cause Earl Thomas is just as fast as those guys and has one of the best recovery speeds in the game. However, we are going to have to be careful of the big play.

Seahawks O-line vs Indy's Pass Rush
- Indy has a pretty lethal combination of Robert Mathis (7.5 sacks...wtf), Corey Redding (1.5 sacks), and Jerrell Freeman (3 sacks). We might see our o-line get beat a few times so Russell is going to have to do some quick passes or hit indy with a few screens when they send that pass rush.

One thing about their d-line is they are fast so against the pass they might do well...but stopping the run against our big o-line we might be able to get Marshawn some consistent yards throughout the game.

Russell Wilson vs Andrew Luck
- Who is better...Russell or Luck? If you look at their numbers...it's gotta be Russell right? Higher qb rating both this year and last year, higher career completion percentage and overall just more efficient. Luck...more prolific , more yards...but also more pass attempts.

Just like last year Russell and Luck faced similar opponents and when you compared how they did against the same opponents Russell won nearly every match up. This year it's been 50/50. Both Luck and Russell have played San Fran and Jacksonville.

Luck played better against San Fran but Russell played much better against Jacksonville.

Some people say yeah Luck doesn't have Russell's run game. True...but at the same time Russell doesn't have Luck's wr crew.

Being in that great draft class these two will always get compared to each other especially if both of their respected teams continue to flourish.

I got the Seahawks 24 Colts 17

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff.

Matchup areas we need to win and need to be
a focus. In addition to the 5-6 screens a day.

Clemons/Avril going up against Constanzo ,sp?
Anthony has been stellar. Quinn needs to dial up stunts
and blitzes. Watch this matchup closely.

Need a 2nd Quinn focus? Look no further than Coby
Fleener cruising the seam vs our LB's, who aren't
covering especially well. KJ and Malcolm. Luck has
always been fond of seam throws to TE.

We need to get some read option going. Use Coleman
to protect RWill. I don't like the edge protection. Colts
come up the field and Lynch or RWill have a crease.
You will see it in plain view on Sunday.

Colts have solid corners with Davis and Butler. It's a screen
and edge running day. Stretch or read option.

I expect us to win every Sunday and this is no
exception. I see more late game heroics from RWill
because of weak 3 qtr play calling.

Hawks are currently at -2.5 with an over/under of 44.

Colts kick 4 fgs and 1 TD but its not enough.

Hawks win 20 - 19.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking at Indy's schedule and their home loss to the Dolphins. The phins and Niners are the only close to comparable teams to the Hawks. The Niners were in disarray, and tried to play Indy's game by passing which was not a great move. The Dolphins game is interesting though. The Hawks pass Defense is better and the run D's are comparable. The Colts could not run on them, although they have upgraded at RB, so that will help them. Tannehill passed for 320 on the Colts D and got sacked 5 times. Not much of a run game.

If we can run on them, then it should be a win, but I think it will be tough to run, so RW and the receivers need to step up. Bevell needs to move RW around and put in those screens and a QB run or two.

Maybe there will be a freak lightening storm before the game with the roof open and the roof malfunctions so the start will be delayed an hour or so. Then our guys will be awake. ;)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is the one corner that can match up with those burners with his excellent speed. So maybe a good match up would be Browner on Wayne, Sherman on Hilton, and Thurmond on Heyward-Bey. Or Sherman on Wayne and Browner on Heyward-Bey but when they bring out their 3 WR set we put Thurmond (who can also run) on Hilton. That, however, leaves us with 97 speed Heyward-Bey on 85 speed Browner...which could be a problem.

Browner has always compensated for his lack of speed by getting good initial contact in the first five yards and slowing the route the WR is trying to run. After that he is fierce in fighting with the WR all the way down the field and keeping them from doing what they want to do. He will take a PI every now and then, but like Chris Collinsworth said "They can't call it every time".

That's what I predict. Lots of physical play with their receivers in order to bump them off their intended routes. We'll get some penalties no doubt, but all those hits on their WR's tends to get into their heads after a while and they start short arming balls or missing their spots. I think the fact that our Secondary is so physical is what makes them one of the more feared in the league.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmad Bradshaw is doubtful for the game which is signifcant because he contributes in the passing game as well. I feel like T Rich is easier to defend and is overrated in my opinion.
The reason the Dolphins had success a few weeks back was the due to the pressure that was put on Luck. I look for us to blitz more especially with Irvin back and Clemons another week healthier.

They have a quality front 7 (doesnt it seem like everyone we face does), so I think we will face the same offensive problems we have all season. My hope is that we have made the necessary adjustment to have success in the passing game. Need to move the pocket and let RW have the run/pass option. The touchdown drive in 4th quarter where we started from our 2 yard line is the blue print for how I'd like us call plays.
I think we are the better team and if we play our game, like we did in the 2nd half last week we should win. I am gonna say 24-13. Go Hawks!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Unger, Bennett should play this week. Jordan Hill also was a full participant. I had almost forgotten about him, be nice to get him in there to.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakdown?

Easy.

Seattle = Tough

Colts = a step above sucking

Onward to the next thread!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't decide who's D (Hawks vs. Colts or Colts vs. Hawks) to play so I sat them both picked up the Browns to play Cinci. This game is a toss up.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Unger, Bennett should play this week. Jordan Hill also was a full participant. I had almost forgotten about him, be nice to get him in there to.

Between Giaco and Unger.... Unger's return would be huge!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't decide who's D (Hawks vs. Colts or Colts vs. Hawks) to play so I sat them both picked up the Browns to play Cinci. This game is a toss up.
I would play the Hawks D any week. Even if we give up points, you better bet on us getting a couple turnovers and a handful of sacks, with the occasional pick six

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw talk earlier that Mathis was a bit dinged up. If he really is dinged up, that makes the offensive line's job a little easier. If he's good to go, it'll be a tougher test because he's not their only effective pass rusher. I don't think any of our next few opponents are going to match what we faced in Houston, if only because J.J. Watt is the best defensive player in the league, but these teams don't have pushovers for defensive lines either, so it'll be a challenge either way... just maybe not as big a challenge if Mathis isn't Mathis.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am sure if Lynch gets 20 carries, he goes for over a hundred yards.

Am looking forward to this game, hopefully, it will replay on NFL network.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a little worried about our O-line.... Hopefully the reserves can step it up.. Sounds like Unger could be back which is good but that leaves 2 kinda weak areas on our O-line... Obviously the Colts D line is NOT the Texans D line which is a good thing... But I'm still worried a little about that..

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans may look at Ahmad Bradshaw being out on Sunday as a big yawn.

I beg to differ. Ahmad looked as good as I've ever seen him as he pounded
the rock at the 9er D two weeks ago. Then Indy could bring in fresh legs
Richardson. Indy had 180+ yds vs the 9ers with Ahmad around 100.

Bradshaw is a bigger loss than most would realize or have even mentioned.
Donald Brown can break one per game but can't take the pounding. I liked
Trent at Bama but he doesn't look near the same as his speed is underwhelming
and vision is just so so.

Go Hawks!

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakdown?

Easy.

Seattle = Tough

Colts = a step above sucking

Onward to the next thread!

C'mon geneh. If you're a guy, then you have to put your Falcon crest back on.
That is a man law violation to talk smack pre-season on how great the Falcons were
going to be and after starting 1-3, you totally abandon your squad and peel the
crest off your site? :laugh3:

Many here have gone through some pathetic Husky and Hawk seasons but would
never be fair weather. You stick with your squad through the good, the bad and
the ugly.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we will have a make shift O line again. Sounds like Unger is doubtful Sunday.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want out of this game is to get off to a better start. Keep pace with the colts up to half time even if we're down by a TD or less and take control in the second half. I can't handle these 17 pt comebacks. Fun as hell to watch but nerve racking.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one and only thing about making a 17 point comeback is all the "egg on face" from Seahawks haters who were counting there cash just a wee bit to soon!:laugh3: