• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Lions (12PM CST)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by the Seahawks.
Outstanding.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plot twist, the Lions HC is writing down his McDonald's order for the intern to pick up.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow complete butt hurt officiating crew, leaving the field and not even calling that fumble+recovery. Yes I know the Lions lost but fumbles + recovery affects stats, fantasy, as a result potentially millions+ of dollars because of that.

Detroit really is a shit city. Those refs should immediately be investigated for conspiracy on betting for the Lions... especially given how terribly biased their calls were all game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35-14 win. Nice

Love this game for us

Absolute bullshit the refs didn't call that or review it. I get the Lions already lost, but fantasy, vegas spreads/bets, etc. all have a factor on the score. Not to mention player potential salaries when teams review live plays the following season during free agency.

ALL these refs should be fired - they blew FAR more game changing and obvious calls than the dork during the Chargers game last week. They were already 100% biased against the Lions. Absolutely ridiculous.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute bullshit the refs didn't call that or review it. I get the Lions already lost, but fantasy, vegas spreads/bets, etc. all have a factor on the score. Not to mention player potential salaries when teams review live plays the following season during free agency.

ALL these refs should be fired - they blew FAR more game changing and obvious calls than the dork during the Chargers game last week. They were already 100% biased against the Lions. Absolutely ridiculous.
Damn right. Pretty sure a lot of us own the Seahawks D in FF. What assholes.:dhd:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it was a fumble anyway, but you're correct that the refs should have treated it with the professionalism that it deserved. Besides player stats and salaries, total points scored is a tiebreaker for playoff seeding. So even though it's unlikely to matter there is a slim chance those extra points could make or break a team from getting a playoff spot.

Order Division Tiebreaking Procedure
First
Head-to-head
Second Division record
Third Common games
Fourth Conference record
Fifth Strength of victory
Sixth Strength of schedule
Seventh Combined ranking among conference teams
Eighth Combined ranking among all teams
Nineth Net points/common games
Tenth Net points/all games
Eleventh Net touchdowns/all games
Twelfth Coin toss

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell ended the game with a 158.3 rating. NICE! That's a perfect rating, so i got have to love that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs make teams come back onto the field to run 1 more play w/ a QB downing the snap to run out the clock to make it official... The play wasn't over, so it's not official imo… Whistles were blown so that stops the play but it was premature for sure...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a fumble anyway, but you're correct that the refs should have treated it with the professionalism that it deserved. Besides player stats and salaries, total points scored is a tiebreaker for playoff seeding. So even though it's unlikely to matter there is a slim chance those extra points could make or break a team from getting a playoff spot.

Order Division Tiebreaking Procedure
First
Head-to-head
Second Division record
Third Common games
Fourth Conference record
Fifth Strength of victory
Sixth Strength of schedule
Seventh Combined ranking among conference teams
Eighth Combined ranking among all teams
Nineth Net points/common games
Tenth Net points/all games
Eleventh Net touchdowns/all games
Twelfth Coin toss

Yes also missed that (playoff seeding). I don't know if it was legit or not, but thanks for summarizing where I was going @dkmightyhammer

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say that J. Winston is done as a Buc... They're getting blown out, Fitz comes in and leads the team back to force OT...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's about field position. Taking a safety and then the free kick gives Dickson the chance to pin the Lions with just more than 2:00 deep in their territory and still up 2 scores.

Yes but they gave him the option to run/pass it if it was open and anyone could have knocked him down short. I mean he waited SO long to run it when it was open i swear had he just gone at first he might still be running. I am just saying that is VERY risky because had they stopped him just short they got the ball on the Hawks 10-15 yard line down by 14 with over 2 minutes to play lol.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but they gave him the option to run/pass it if it was open and anyone could have knocked him down short. I mean he waited SO long to run it when it was open i swear had he just gone at first he might still be running. I am just saying that is VERY risky because had they stopped him just short they got the ball on the Hawks 10-15 yard line down by 14 with over 2 minutes to play lol.

Certainly there was some risk to it. But really, how much risk? Giving the ball to the Lions at the 10 or so instead of the 45? I love the aggressive play call.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A brutal schedule to start off the season with five of your first seven games on the road. Especially with all the turn over and injuries this team had to endure. But we have a winning record. Let's not forget, if we hit the month of December in the running for a wild card spot, the schedule becomes extremely favorable with 4 of the five games we play in December been at home. A strong November puts us in great shape. Awesome coaching job

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A brutal schedule to start off the season with five of your first seven games on the road. Especially with all the turn over and injuries this team had to endure. But we have a winning record. Let's not forget, if we hit the month of December in the running for a wild card spot, the schedule becomes extremely favorable with 4 of the five games we play in December been at home. A strong November puts us in great shape. Awesome coaching job

yeah and many think 2-2 is fine for November but i am not one of them. 3-1 against some mighty tough teams would tell the league he we can punch anyone in the mouth in the NFL and give this team some swag and confidence. 2-2 would be ok and the MINIMUM needed wins if you ask me but oh boy 3-1 in November would really open peoples eyes.

Nov 4 L.A. Chargers 4:05 PM
Nov 11 @L.A. Rams 4:25 PM
Nov 15 Green Bay 8:20 PM
Nov 25 @Carolina 1:00 PM

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's wait on that until after Pack/Rams game, then it might be a GREAT day for Seattle.

No it's all ready a great day, a win by GB means nothing for today but might ( doubt it though ) mean something to the Hawks later in the season. I wasn't all that impressed with the Rams when we played them. They are a very good team but nothing i saw from them said great team. A Great team would have made it look like last seasons game in Seattle. You know the total ass beating they put on us. 42-7

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue I have with this game is that the Seahawks allowed the offense to get too one dimensional in the second half. Russell throwing 5 passes the entire second half is partly to blame for the running game slowing down (despite a heavy TOP lead at half time). 11 carries for 26 yards from our running backs (this does not include Dickson's 9 yard carry) after the Carson touchdown, and Wilson dropping back only once (a sack). A couple pass plays may have made running the clock out a little easier.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue I have with this game is that the Seahawks allowed the offense to get too one dimensional in the second half. Russell throwing 5 passes the entire second half is partly to blame for the running game slowing down (despite a heavy TOP lead at half time). 11 carries for 26 yards from our running backs (this does not include Dickson's 9 yard carry) after the Carson touchdown, and Wilson dropping back only once (a sack). A couple pass plays may have made running the clock out a little easier.

typical 2nd Half from Pete, and it has ALWAYS drove me crazy. They start sitting on 10 to 14 point leads After halftime.