• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Lions (12PM CST)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 and 7 for Richard Sherman. With all his crap talk about the Hawks after he left, well Karma is a bitch Richard

Seems whenever I watch him now, he's giving up a lot of catches... Key receptions that is...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 and 7 for Richard Sherman. With all his crap talk about the Hawks after he left, well Karma is a bitch Richard

Seems whenever I watch him now, he's giving up a lot of catches... Key receptions that is...

Yeah, maybe Sherman's criticism of how this organization has lost its way was a bit premature? Of course, it could be a bit premature to say it was premature with a bunch of tough games coming up. ;)

I think for the most part Sherm is having a pretty decent year, especially coming off the achilles tear and also getting another injury in-season. He actually got a sack yesterday, which is something I can't say I remember him ever doing here.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention for Ed Dickerson in the game recaps?

His first game of the season after missing the first 6 w/ due to being placed onto the Non-Football injury list... 2 catches for 54 yards and 1 TD and key in making 2 huge blocks that sprung Carson for bigger gains... I'm excited to see what else he brings to the table as he get's more acclimated with the offense/players in real time...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, maybe Sherman's criticism of how this organization has lost its way was a bit premature? Of course, it could be a bit premature to say it was premature with a bunch of tough games coming up. ;)

I think for the most part Sherm is having a pretty decent year, especially coming off the achilles tear and also getting another injury in-season. He actually got a sack yesterday, which is something I can't say I remember him ever doing here.

True, he is having a decent year... Definitely not the player he used to be... Glad we moved on... Griffin and Flowers are two young players to be excited about...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention for Ed Dickerson in the game recaps?

His first game of the season after missing the first 6 w/ due to being placed onto the Non-Football injury list... 2 catches for 54 yards and 1 TD and key in making 2 huge blocks that sprung Carson for bigger gains... I'm excited to see what else he brings to the table as he get's more acclimated with the offense/players in real time...
Welcome to Seattle, Ed Dickson!! He made 2 huge plays with his hands, and I'm sure he held up blocking as well. Every time I saw him out there, I just couldn't help but have a little frustration that we didn't also have Dissly on the field. What a nice TE combo that would be for this ground attack.

Another note: it was a weird entry on the stat line & box score that hung there forever, but when Dickson made that big yardage catch they put it down as "M Dickson", as in our punter. I saw it there for several hours and wondered if maybe I somehow missed a crazy play where Michael Dickson caught a pass, then with no evidence it happened I just wrote it off as a mistake.

Final note: seeing Luke W drop that easy pass made me remember why I don't miss him here but for his great interviews on sports radio. We are no worse for not having his light blocking and 1 catch per game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agree on the rockiness....seems Doug has always been a bit chilly with him. I am not trying to make Baldwin out to be the antagonist here as much as it may seem, but I have seen behaviors over the years that give me pause with him. Each one by itself may not be a huge deal, but when you put them all together (heated sideline encounters, pooping out the football in the SB, being critical of the coaching, flipping off the sideline) it starts to paint a certain picture and makes me wonder how much longer he fits here.

Through next season most likely. It would cost over 6 million to move on from him next off season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through next season most likely. It would cost over 6 million to move on from him next off season.
Well, you have the choice of having him on the team for $13M against the cap, or you can cut him and get about half of that room back.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ADB is almost out of time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have the choice of having him on the team for $13M against the cap, or you can cut him and get about half of that room back.

Your right about that. Just another example why NFL teams shouldn’t do big third contracts for players.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i have stated, they have to draft a WR next year. They have let to many walk with out 2nd contracts so it's time. Lockett got his 2nd and Baldwin but who else has got that 2nd? Lockette i guess did but he was never a 2nd or really 3rd option and was resigned based on his Special teams play which was outstanding. Moore looks like a gem and many including myself thought he should have been active last season over Darboh. Still they need to add a little to the spot because i believe Baldwins knee is f-up think of it like Koren Robinsons knee. Koren looked like all pro out there then it went down hill so very fast. We got a lot of Great years out of Baldwin but the knee issue bothers me a lot right now and the fact they have kept it so quiet.

Lockett/Moore as your #1 and #2 option? meh they need a stud and if the play that's coming from the rest of the team continues to improve like it has ( young Dline looks beastly and Reed is a future Probowl/all-pro ) DE yeah needs some help, CB's we got a lot of talent there if you ask me that position is pretty strong. Then you got McDougald and Thompson ( I like the look here also and they will get better as they grow together ) Oline? We got some young players here so let them grow but always look for the middle to late round steal so yeah no real need here unless you want that stud LT. RB oof we are loaded and i see NO REASON to even draft one lol. QB? meh maybe but i don't think so with the set up they got in place now. So WR it is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Rather go some other route. Never cared for Tate and he’d be big money also, better ways to spend.

Don't have enough draft capitol to make trades this year. Need to keep adding depth from the draft. Now maybe FA go get a WR since Seattle will have some cap room.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i have stated, they have to draft a WR next year. They have let to many walk with out 2nd contracts so it's time. Lockett got his 2nd and Baldwin but who else has got that 2nd? Lockette i guess did but he was never a 2nd or really 3rd option and was resigned based on his Special teams play which was outstanding. Moore looks like a gem and many including myself thought he should have been active last season over Darboh. Still they need to add a little to the spot because i believe Baldwins knee is f-up think of it like Koren Robinsons knee. Koren looked like all pro out there then it went down hill so very fast. We got a lot of Great years out of Baldwin but the knee issue bothers me a lot right now and the fact they have kept it so quiet.

Lockett/Moore as your #1 and #2 option? meh they need a stud and if the play that's coming from the rest of the team continues to improve like it has ( young Dline looks beastly and Reed is a future Probowl/all-pro ) DE yeah needs some help, CB's we got a lot of talent there if you ask me that position is pretty strong. Then you got McDougald and Thompson ( I like the look here also and they will get better as they grow together ) Oline? We got some young players here so let them grow but always look for the middle to late round steal so yeah no real need here unless you want that stud LT. RB oof we are loaded and i see NO REASON to even draft one lol. QB? meh maybe but i don't think so with the set up they got in place now. So WR it is.

Ok, but I think you've stated previously that we should use an early pick on a WR? That's a bit different than just saying we should draft 1 somewhere, which is a decent bet in pretty much any draft. I am not interested to see this team blowing a 1st or 2nd rounder on a WR, which is a position that usually takes a while to learn in the NFL. If Baldwin is not back in '19, then we would have needed to draft his replacement in 2016 or 2017 in order to be set up for 2019....and we just may have that guy in David Moore. WR corps don't really drive team success anyway, especially not on a PC team. I would be much more in favor of an early round pick on either line or LB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but I think you've stated previously that we should use an early pick on a WR? That's a bit different than just saying we should draft 1 somewhere, which is a decent bet in pretty much any draft. I am not interested to see this team blowing a 1st or 2nd rounder on a WR, which is a position that usually takes a while to learn in the NFL. If Baldwin is not back in '19, then we would have needed to draft his replacement in 2016 or 2017 in order to be set up for 2019....and we just may have that guy in David Moore. WR corps don't really drive team success anyway, especially not on a PC team. I would be much more in favor of an early round pick on either line or LB.
Couldn't agree more. Fairly rare to find a WR that doesn't take a while to develop and Seahawks can put their high draft picks to better use then a luxury need.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A high draft pic is 1st-3rd, some seem to think High means only a 1st.