• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Free Agency

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think okung goes for more than 8 like john clayton has been saying. He had a one year prove it deal and didnt prove it, so i dont see any team dropping 12m on him.
Would Seattle pay $8 for him? That's more than they paid the entire starting line. If they did offer $8 will Okung suck up his pride after his feelings were hurt last year and take the deal?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Seattle pay $8 for him? That's more than they paid the entire starting line. If they did offer $8 will Okung suck up his pride after his feelings were hurt last year and take the deal?
Doubt Okung gets a 8 million contract from anyone, even considering the drastic need for OL league wide.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It just depends on what they think he has in the tank. I was one of the ones who thought they should let him walk, him being so expensive. If he'd've taken $8/yr last year - I think Seattle signs him to a long term deal (4 years or so). I don't think bringing him back is a bad thing - I just am not sure how much longer he's a LT (we had discussions about that last year, and I think everyone thought/thinks I was bat crap crazy). Anyway, if Seattle is honest about bringing in a veteran to mentor the players - you could do worse than a guy who started for you for 5 years and knows what the team wants out of their scheme. We'll see what Okung wants.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Okung gets a 8 million contract from anyone, even considering the drastic need for OL league wide.
Isn't that what he got last year? How much do you think Seattle would spend? Add in the butt hurt factor.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what he got last year? How much do you think Seattle would spend? Add in the butt hurt factor.
No idea what the Seahawks would spend on Okung or if their even interested. He made that last year with incentives and pretty sure who ever signs him will also have a low base pay with incentives, not a bad way to go and wouldn't mind him earning 8 mil if he hit the incentives that would include starts and snap counts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just depends on what they think he has in the tank. I was one of the ones who thought they should let him walk, him being so expensive. If he'd've taken $8/yr last year - I think Seattle signs him to a long term deal (4 years or so). I don't think bringing him back is a bad thing - I just am not sure how much longer he's a LT (we had discussions about that last year, and I think everyone thought/thinks I was bat crap crazy). Anyway, if Seattle is honest about bringing in a veteran to mentor the players - you could do worse than a guy who started for you for 5 years and knows what the team wants out of their scheme. We'll see what Okung wants.
Now it's more about supply and demand. There just aren't enough quality tackles. So you pay or haha you pay for not paying. Bringing in a vet is a must I would think? Someone has to mentor those kids. Otherwise Seattle will have the same problems next year. I'm not sure what the right price/amount of years is?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's more about supply and demand. There just aren't enough quality tackles. So you pay or haha you pay for not paying. Bringing in a vet is a must I would think? Someone has to mentor those kids. Otherwise Seattle will have the same problems next year. I'm not sure what the right price/amount of years is?

IDK the youngsters now have some time playing together and they grown some peach fuzz. Bring in a vet only works if the vet is good, as shown by last year with Sowell and Webb. I expect the OL to be better next year even if they make no changes, but I do expect they'll be at least some changes, but this time if they bring in a vet, they'll be a little choicer on who that is, it'll be someone with a better resume.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK the youngsters now have some time playing together and they grown some peach fuzz. Bring in a vet only works if the vet is good, as shown by last year with Sowell and Webb. I expect the OL to be better next year even if they make no changes, but I do expect they'll be at least some changes, but this time if they bring in a vet, they'll be a little choicer on who that is, it'll be someone with a better resume.
One would hope but that equates to $. Seattle needs to use the cap + up on the Oline. No more Defense spending if they want to stay competative. Hawk fans should scream at the FO if $ and picks aren't spent on the D side of the ball.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would hope but that equates to $. Seattle needs to use the cap + up on the Oline. No more Defense spending if they want to stay competative. Hawk fans should scream at the FO if $ and picks aren't spent on the D side of the ball.
IDK, kind of feel the best way to build is thru the draft and don't think the Seahawks are going to be much of a player in FA signings until the deals start happening, if then.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, kind of feel the best way to build is thru the draft and don't think the Seahawks are going to be much of a player in FA signings until the deals start happening, if then.
To me you need to strike a balance. Especially O line. Rookies just aren't ready. Combine that with most lines need 2-3 years together to gel. Draft is great but a large number of drafted players need time to learn. Not an easy job being a coach or GM. One or two bad moves can set franchises back for years as they play catch up. NE seems to be the exception. Loss of Hernandez, 2 x 1st round picks... BB plays that balance game masterfully, trading picks, brining in vets for certain roles.
Good chatting I need to go catch my plane. Leaving 80 degree Hawaii to head back to the PNW:rain:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me you need to strike a balance. Especially O line. Rookies just aren't ready. Combine that with most lines need 2-3 years together to gel. Draft is great but a large number of drafted players need time to learn. Not an easy job being a coach or GM. One or two bad moves can set franchises back for years as they play catch up. NE seems to be the exception. Loss of Hernandez, 2 x 1st round picks... BB plays that balance game masterfully, trading picks, brining in vets for certain roles.
Good chatting I need to go catch my plane. Leaving 80 degree Hawaii to head back to the PNW:rain:

Sure a mix of vets and young dudes is kind of ideal, but you can't force it. Everyone is looking for OL so those with little amount expendable cap space ( vs those with gross amounts) may need to do it thur the draft and development. Sometimes that works out pretty good.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think $8 is under the league minimum.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd start at 6 mil and add bonuses too up it to 8 mil. Chances are some team will start at 8 mil and add to it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing that someone will be desperate enough to throw pretty big money at Okung. Some teams have huge amounts of cap room.
And this is why I wasn't so quick to criticize him a year ago for the deal he worked himself with Denver. He was either going to be a free agent 2 years in a row, or he was going to get paid big time by the Broncos in '17. At 29, I still think he's in position to get a pretty decent contract this year with a good market for experienced LT talent, especially if college isn't doing a good job at producing NFL players at that position as we are often hearing.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field Gulls mentioned Cordarrelle Patterson as someone who could be on the Seahawks radar, but I don't see why he would be. With Lockett already on the roster, I wouldn't see the point of adding Patterson. I don't think we need to spend more money on WR or KR.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We wont give him 8, somebody else might. if he cant get 8, we would probably offer him somewhere between 5 and 6. and he can either suck it up and take it or wait and sign with someone else for the same amount.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field Gulls mentioned Cordarrelle Patterson as someone who could be on the Seahawks radar, but I don't see why he would be. With Lockett already on the roster, I wouldn't see the point of adding Patterson. I don't think we need to spend more money on WR or KR.

Agreed. I'd rather see them draft a WR in the early mid rounds.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big body DT who can rush the passer, Nick Fairly is an interesting FA, we are a little too small with our nascar package and it really shows up on the road. We definitely have a better rotation with him

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK, Patterson wouldn't be taking snaps away on offense from Lockett, and increasing Lockett's load on offense while decreasing his ST snaps may not be a bad thing. Patterson is one of the few special teamers who have been consistently as good or better than Lockett. Obviously not a high priority - but not a horrible idea to explore.