• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks @ Falcons- talk shit here

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think this game could get away from Seattle.

Not great on the road, don't like domes, challenged offense, no Smurf Thomas, etc.

I started the week thinking Seattle could pull it off, but I'm leaning in the other direction now.

And I'd prefer to be playing Seattle in Dallas next week.
Only 2 of the Seattle TO's ended up as points for the Pack which they still had to score offensive TD's.
I'm call for a Mulligan on that game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottomline, if the Hawks can run the ball (125 yards+) and control the TOP, then they will win. But that could go the other way around too. TOP will be a key factor in this game.
I expect Seattle to put a hit on Atlanta's run game, and I hope not the other way around.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 13 Seahawks D shows up in a time machine we will have a different debate
I agree, Seattle's D is not what it was w
The thing is I can see that.

For all the fuss over Atlanta's offense, Seattle has been there.

Lords knows I'm anti Seattle, but jeez Louise, It's Atlanta!

back and forth, back and forth...:rofl:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks just might hang 40 on em. They're a bunch of pissed off, me against the world, we own this shit guys right now. Game over, lock it up!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree bud.
Atlanta is a very good team. The Hawks believe that a very good defense will usually limit a very good offense. That is part of this team's philosophy. It is how they are built, and they have shown to be adept at it.
Atlanta will score some points. Will it be enough?
That's where people are mistaken and I totally get it because it's hardly been discussed. Atlanta is not a very good offense. Atlanta is a historically elite offense but in a one game scenario anything cam happen

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks just might hang 40 on em. They're a bunch of pissed off, me against the world, we own this shit guys right now. Game over, lock it up!
I agree, but don't get too cocky.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not underestimating. The offense is fine butoo if your D doesn't get pressure your offense will be irrelevant imo. Not trying to be a dick honestly but you can't win a shootout with Atlanta. Your going to need to hold them to 27 or less to have a realistic shot
Astute observation.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about Hawks fans per se. You guys are always gonna back your team. The common mantra this week as I watched people pick the game is the people that took Atlanta talked stats, scheme, match ups. The people who took Seattle talked about guts, character and them "finding a way to win". Not one person said " seattle is the better team". Pretty much how it is seen by the outside world.
Of course Seattle isn't considered the better team.
Put about 140+ yards on the ground, win the game, then the team should be considered one of the better teams.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a dog in this hunt. I'm pulling for the Falcons since Denver didn't make the playoffs, but I will be at the game tomorrow, and if the Falcons win, the southern fried crow will be delicious for Seahawks fans here. If Atlanta loses, then Rmilia will be the only one to eat the crow.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've heard it is a play on Natty Ice.

They were calling Matt Diaz for the Braves Matty Ice before Matt Ryan ever came along. Dude was money against left handed pitchers for a couple years there, and hit something like .500 against the Marlins in that stretch.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Seattle isn't considered the better team.
Put about 140+ yards on the ground, win the game, then the team should be considered one of the better teams.
I'm not sold on Seattle suddenly finding a running game. I know Rawls played great last week but I just don't know if that was Detroit or Seattle. Plus you can only really stick to the running game if you don't get behind early. So Seattle needs to not fall behind early. Atlanta gives up like 100 per game on the ground which is just average but they're actually probably worse than average vs the run. That said most of the big runs they've given up have been in games where they held huge leads and were in pass D so those runs were inconsequential

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Seattle suddenly finding a running game. I know Rawls played great last week but I just don't know if that was Detroit or Seattle. Plus you can only really stick to the running game if you don't get behind early. So Seattle needs to not fall behind early. Atlanta gives up like 100 per game on the ground which is just average but they're actually probably worse than average vs the run. That said most of the big runs they've given up have been in games where they held huge leads and were in pass D so those runs were inconsequential
We don't know either. If the run game is in fact back, watch out. If it's not, you win.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a dog in this hunt. I'm pulling for the Falcons since Denver didn't make the playoffs, but I will be at the game tomorrow, and if the Falcons win, the southern fried crow will be delicious for Seahawks fans here. If Atlanta loses, then Rmilia will be the only one to eat the crow.
LOL, you're playing it safe, aren't you?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know either. If the run game is in fact back, watch out. If it's not, you win.
Good call. If the Hawks can run the ball tomorrow, then they should win.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be here fork in hand if a miracle happens

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by chance Atlanta and GB win this weekend I will be down there next weekend :suds: