• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2021 Draft:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we go for need but PC/JS have shown us that they plan and execute in different ways. But I'm still hoping for a starting CB over a rotation DE or a WR competing with Swain for #3.

My Postion of Need goes like this

1a) Edge. We need to find a way to get in face of the QB Consistently. ESPECIALLY with Lance on the 9ers. Like someone, thinking Brooks might be good at it too, to just Run after the QB so he doesn't do that "Russell Wilson shit" on us. If I was a Coach I'd call this a CLB , Chase Linebacker,

1B) Cb. I do agree we need a starting CB. We addressed it in FA, BUT did we really address it

1C) Ol. See Cb

4) RB. I don't trust Carson with his running style, although I do like a nice BAM back, to be Healthy all season. Same for Penny but I think we can address it in UDFA.

5) Wr. I agree we need to have a open competition for 3rd WR. I'm torn on when to address it because, like RB, we can go into UDFA and take one. Also we can go 2 WR and 2 TE group and air it out. With Metcalf, Parkinson, Hoss and Lockett.

6) DT. Collier is a moving piece. And I can't remember when or where but I remember us resigning Mike Bennett.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Bulger from the Athletic says

Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington

Maybe not on Collier @returnofjakedog
Well, the different mock drafts are not necessarily any more informed than we are here. In fact I would assume that the general populace on these boards is more informed on the Seahawks than most mock writers.

But I have learned that we can't really predict PC/JS managed drafts. With them in charge we could end drafting a RB out of Bumfk State, or......??

I'm still sticking with Collier as a starting DT this next year but I could be wrong. A starting DT in the draft could happen.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JS can find a willing partner, he will trade down. My guess is that there will be some gems in the mid to late rounds.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JS can find a willing partner, he will trade down. My guess is that there will be some gems in the mid to late rounds.
That would certainly not surprise myself, or any of us here. Standard modus operandi for JS.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be in complete shock if we did not trade down...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be in complete shock if we did not trade down...
It's what they do and everyone expects it.......so maybe they decide to change it up just when everyone think it's a sure thing. They do like to shock fans with their draft.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see just how good Mock Drafts are... Here is a list of Mocks for Day 2... Let's see if anyone gets it right...

All in all... I think they can trade down 6-10 spots and still draft a guy I'm very high on in, Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse... He has a long wing span with a big frame... He can be very physical at the LOS... See his draft measurables here... He seems like he'd be a great fit for a starting role at DB for the Hawks... Seems like a more athletic version of Richard Sherman...

Measurables:

Height:
6024 (1.88m)

Weight: 205lbs (93kg)

40-Yard-Dash: 4.48 seconds

Vertical Jump: 41.5in (1.05m)

Relative Athletic Score (RAS): 9.7/10

Prospect Breakdown:

Man Coverage: 8
/10 - Showed good ability in man coverage, yet didn't play a whole ton of it. His speed and size combination, followed with his physicality and fluid hips, indicates that he could play man more consistently and make plays.

Zone Coverage: 9/10 - What he mostly played at Syracuse and played well. A player who is great at reading and reacting, and hard to beat over the top.

Press Coverage: 8
/10 - Building off man coverage, his speed, quickness, long, athletic frame will give him opportunities at the next level to cover some of the more tall, athletic receivers who dominate the league. With his physicality and his aggressive ball skills toward the catch point, he has all the basic traits to succeed here. Just a little more refinement should do the trick.

Off Coverage: 8/10 - Defensive scheme involved him giving lots of opposing players a big cushion, preventing anything over the top. Very experienced in off coverage and with his ability to read, anticipate and use his explosiveness to his advantage, he is able to make some big plays and breakups in such coverage.

Athleticism: 10/10 - Melifonwu's athleticism for someone his size is eye-popping. It's extremely rare for a tall cornerback to have the long speed, explosiveness, and leaping ability he has.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meinerz is available. I’d be cool if they just go ahead and draft him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stupid pick, I expect no less

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going KC offence... Possible Ty Hill prototype.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stupid pick, I expect no less

Maybe but look at the way the NFL is going to. I was Nattering with Dirt about this last night.

Instead of the Old School Catch players, the NFL is Moving to Jack of all trades, Gadget guys.

Elkridge is a Gadget guy,

I LUV this pick

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird pick. Didn't seem like one of our needs... OL, LBer, CB, even DT.... all those were a bigger priority....

I mean I get everyone is all about the Tyreek Hill thing and Wilson has one of the best deep balls in the league, but meh? I guess with Metcalf + Eskridge defenses might have their hands full? But they'll just drop two safeties again like they did last year lol.

Edit: I guess we also don't have a real big slot threat, which is I have to imagine the ceiling for Eskridge.... seems a bit unnecessary to spend a 2nd on that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going KC offence... Possible Ty Hill prototype.
Yup that is how he is described and I’ve seen him mocked to the Seahawks. Won’t of been the position I’d had taken, but he could be a decent fit with the offense.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird pick. Didn't seem like one of our needs... OL, LBer, CB, even DT.... all those were a bigger priority....

I mean I get everyone is all about the Tyreek Hill thing and Wilson has one of the best deep balls in the league, but meh? I guess with Metcalf + Eskridge defenses might have their hands full? But they'll just drop two safeties again like they did last year lol.

Then who doubles Rockett?

But I hear you. OL was there, Some DT, Maybe a LB or a alright CB....

But still You cant teach speed. You Want to double Metcalf and Rockett. Cool... we got this guy

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought O-line or Corner back, receiver is not a weakness for this team … typical, totally unpredictable Pete and John

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally Wilson gets this.....

This will be the fastest Seahawk ever, not counting kick returner Michael Bates an Olympic sprinter.

Before anyone makes a big deal out of Western Michigan,...

Antonio Brown Central Michigan
Jerry Rice Mississippi Valley
Randy Moss Marshall
Terrell Owens Chattanooga

Last edited: