• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scout thinks Tim Tebow has 'reached his top' as minor league season nears All-Star break

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty elementary throw with a completely vacant pocket and to a receiver with 5 feet of separation a little over 15 yards down the field. Epic play, but if he would have missed that throw, it would have been a travesty. So, I can't even really give him props for that.
Denver's running game (read option) forced them to play stupid. The Steelers never thought Tebow would have the game of his life that day. They underestimated him all game.

Tebow actually had a great running/passing game.

Especially passing.

Last edited:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that doesn’t really change the point. He’s not a career guy. He’s a 30+ year old in the same place as an early 20 something as far as baseball experience goes. I’m sure he asserts himself as a leader as far as the rah rah stuff goes, but that’s different than the 30+ year old experienced career minor league guy.

Whatever, they’re willing to give up one of those spots for media attention, it’s not a big deal. But let’s not pretend he’s there for any other reason, or his secret magical Tebow work ethic earned him a spot, or it’s not a wasted spot outside of media whoring.

Are you criticizing the Mets or Tebow here?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty elementary throw with a completely vacant pocket and to a receiver with 5 feet of separation a little over 15 yards down the field. Epic play, but if he would have missed that throw, it would have been a travesty. So, I can't even really give him props for that.
Lol. If he missed that throw, I wouln't be giving Steeler fans shit for the rest of their lives.

:nod:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I wasn't a Tebow fan until he played for Denver. It would be 3 1/2 quarters of the worst QB play imaginable. Then....He made it a fun year. It didn't hurt that Denver's idiot kicker made like ten 58 yard Field Goals in those crazy games.

Anyway...I came away from my "Tebow" experience really respecting that guy. Finding out what he does for other people in this world really put me over the top on him. Not easy for me to do because I am typically very suspect of rah-rah religious people.

This guy is the real deal and seemingly a force for good in this world. Those that don't like him (IMO), are missing out on rooting for someone/something positive in this cesspool of life. It is becoming almost unusual to not feel like everyone is a shit bag..especially those that actually have/had a platform to help others.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that doesn’t really change the point. He’s not a career guy. He’s a 30+ year old in the same place as an early 20 something as far as baseball experience goes. I’m sure he asserts himself as a leader as far as the rah rah stuff goes, but that’s different than the 30+ year old experienced career minor league guy.

Whatever, they’re willing to give up one of those spots for media attention, it’s not a big deal. But let’s not pretend he’s there for any other reason, or his secret magical Tebow work ethic earned him a spot, or it’s not a wasted spot outside of media whoring.

The point isn't his age or his experience. Every single solitary AA or AAA roster has players that the organization knows doesn't have a big league future. How many guys on an average AA or AAA team are going to go on and have legitimate big league service time? It's not a large percentage.

I don't know if he's a leader, but I believe he's a damn hard worker and a good clubhouse guy. Which is what you want in an "organizational minor league player".

My mind isn't all rainbows and lolli pops. I get that he's a draw for the minor league affiliate he plays for. Which = cash. However, if you erase Tebow from professional baseball. His spot is not then filled by some 19-25 year old prospect. He's not taking AB's or a roster spot from those guys. Every organization needs the guys at the minor league level who eat innings and AB's.

Let's not also forget that this is one big league scouts opinion and they are wrong plenty. Not that I would ever suggest that Tebow has a future putting on a Mets uniform between April and September. No...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I wasn't a Tebow fan until he played for Denver. It would be 3 1/2 quarters of the worst QB play imaginable. Then....He made it a fun year. It didn't hurt that Denver's idiot kicker made like ten 58 yard Field Goals in those crazy games.

Anyway...I came away from my "Tebow" experience really respecting that guy. Finding out what he does for other people in this world really put me over the top on him. Not easy for me to do because I am typically very suspect of rah-rah religious people.

This guy is the real deal and seemingly a force for good in this world. Those that don't like him (IMO), are missing out on rooting for someone/something positive in this cesspool of life. It is becoming almost unusual to not feel like everyone is a shit bag..especially those that actually have/had a platform to help others.

Dude, that Tebow comeback vs the Bears is still a top 3 worst loss for me in my sports watching life. That game was beyond over. 10-0 with 2 minutes left against our #1 D who was embarrassing him. We were 7-5 and occupying the 5 seed in the NFC despite having Caleb Hanie starting for us while Cutler was due back soon. That loss WRECKED that season and it still stings. lol. Unbelievable game

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that Tebow comeback vs the Bears is still a top 3 worst loss for me in my sports watching life. That game was beyond over. 10-0 with 2 minutes left against our #1 D who was embarrassing him. We were 7-5 and occupying the 5 seed in the NFC despite having Caleb Hanie starting for us while Cutler was due back soon. That loss WRECKED that season and it still stings. lol. Unbelievable game
something called a caleb hanie started for you that day. i remember it because i had no idea who he was. tebow was 21-40 lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something called a caleb hanie started for you that day. i remember it because i had no idea who he was. tebow was 21-40 lol

Yeah, we were 7-3 and had won 5 in a row when Cutler got hurt. Hanie proceeded to lose 4 in a row - before McCown split the final two for an 8-8 finish. Cutler was supposed to come back mid-December, but when they fell to 7-7. The team threw in the towel.

Caleb Hanie was a total and complete f'ing disaster of a backup QB. He lost to KC and DEN back-to-back despite the D only surrendering 10 points in each game. The offense had scored 30+ in those 5 straight wins and it was the only time in the Lovie era that I truly felt the offense was ready for a deep playoff run along with the D. Myself and many fans still feel the 2011 team was the best the Bears had since the 80's. Even better than the 06 Super Bowl team and certainly better than the prior year when they lost in the NFCCG.

It's the year I wonder most "what could have been?". Falling victim to Tebow was a sobering moment that sucked any hope out of the fan-base. That was our last hope for a SB run with Lovie. The next year they missed the playoffs at 10-6 and he was fired.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow OBP of .231. Didn't think that was possible

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow OBP of .231. Didn't think that was possible

At least the other numbers are solid, 70 K’s in 168 AB’s, .149 avg, .208 SLG and .440 OPS......

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the other numbers are solid, 70 K’s in 168 AB’s, .149 avg, .208 SLG and .440 OPS......

It's better than some MLB pitchers!:noidea: