• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scout thinks Tim Tebow has 'reached his top' as minor league season nears All-Star break

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy loves to compete. Got to respect that. Minor league baseball is not glamorous.
Not glamorous if you’re dedicating your life to it and struggling to work your way up, I imagine. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess it’s not the same hell when it’s your hobby and you’ve already got your overpaid NFL career behind you and your ESPN side gig to fall back on.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was a host on Lebron's Million dollar mile, but i never watched it...

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I remember watching that play live...I was jumping up and down like a little kid, going "TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!"

And then next week was the New England game :rip:
Yea, and I also remember "Book it Chicken, we can't lose!!!!" "Don't be a total puzzie, cash in one of those IRA's for your kids, you will thank me later"

ASS

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he was good for 1 play in the NFL

giphy.gif
:tsk:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not glamorous if you’re dedicating your life to it and struggling to work your way up, I imagine. I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess it’s not the same hell when it’s your hobby and you’ve already got your overpaid NFL career behind you and your ESPN side gig to fall back on.
Like I said, he loves to compete. He certainly isn't doing it for the money and really doesn't seem to garner much (positive) attention from it. Riding buses in the minors isn't glamorous, regardless of who you are.

I am not a religious person, but I know a lot of people that don't like Tebow simply because he (vocally) is. Unlike many religious people I have known or observed, he doesn't seem like a shitty hypocrite to me.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, he loves to compete. He certainly isn't doing it for the money and really doesn't seem to garner much (positive) attention from it. Riding buses in the minors isn't glamorous, regardless of who you are.

I am not a religious person, but I know a lot of people that don't like Tebow simply because he (vocally) is. Unlike many religious people I have known or observed, he doesn't seem like a shitty hypocrite to me.
Agreed. I never cared for him while in college, but I have read more about him over the past few years and he seems to be an authentic person. I agree I think this is just about his desire to compete. He is already pretty well established with off-field career opportunities so its not like he is hunting for a career. More than likely, he knows that his years to be an athlete are limited and he is going to give it a go.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

source.gif

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had continued playing baseball since his high school days, you never know what he could have become.....Not very easy these days playing AAA with guys throwing 95+ after taking a decade off from the sport......

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then join a bowling or softball league like everyone else. He’s allowed to take up a minor league roster spot because his name brings publicity, not because of his magical competitive spirit.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had continued playing baseball since his high school days, you never know what he could have become.....Not very easy these days playing AAA with guys throwing 95+ after taking a decade off from the sport......
But he didn’t. And now he’s past his prime and only going down hill from here. Free up a spot and let someone who didn’t take a decade off have a go.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn’t. And now he’s past his prime and only going down hill from here. Free up a spot and let someone who didn’t take a decade off have a go.

Well aware, I think the Mets are idiots for wasting a roster spot, but that’s pretty much the way they work.....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he was good for 1 play in the NFL

giphy.gif

Pretty elementary throw with a completely vacant pocket and to a receiver with 5 feet of separation a little over 15 yards down the field. Epic play, but if he would have missed that throw, it would have been a travesty. So, I can't even really give him props for that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not necessarily taking a chance away from anyone. Every single organization has career AA or AAA guys. They're sort of needed to round out rosters. Especially if that player is a hard worker and sets a good example for the 20-21 year old top prospects.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not necessarily taking a chance away from anyone. Every single organization has career AA or AAA guys. They're sort of needed to round out rosters. Especially if that player is a hard worker and sets a good example for the 20-21 year old top prospects.
Okay, that doesn’t really change the point. He’s not a career guy. He’s a 30+ year old in the same place as an early 20 something as far as baseball experience goes. I’m sure he asserts himself as a leader as far as the rah rah stuff goes, but that’s different than the 30+ year old experienced career minor league guy.

Whatever, they’re willing to give up one of those spots for media attention, it’s not a big deal. But let’s not pretend he’s there for any other reason, or his secret magical Tebow work ethic earned him a spot, or it’s not a wasted spot outside of media whoring.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, his numbers would be hard to replace....Rudy Stein had a better season at the plate....

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then join a bowling or softball league like everyone else. He’s allowed to take up a minor league roster spot because his name brings publicity, not because of his magical competitive spirit.
I figured this was where you would ultimately go with this.

I could say some awesome stuff in retort, but I think I will just go forth and..

6MTE.gif