• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Linehan

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we make a mistake by letting him go? I mean, our offense looked pretty good last year besides fumbles and Stafford not having anyone to throw to. Now we have Tate and Ebron, and Linehan even had Broyles looking decent when he was healthy.

Is it just a coincidence that our OLine has underperformed from last years standard, while the Cowboys unit has improved significantly?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has been said to be taking care of the ball. So if Lombardi, Caldwell or Cooter is helping him with the costly turnovers it will be worth it. Seems Schwartz regime did not feel it was a issue.

Linehan sucked IMO. Bell was not utilized on 3rd and short. Empty backfield repeatedly after seeing Ravens blitz every time they lined up in it. Linehan figured it would work the fifth time I guess. Just a small sample of Linehans issues.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the OL of the Cowboys, and then look at the OL of the Lions.

It isn't fucking Linehan.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated linehan his last couple years here. granted our guys put up good fantasy numbers with him but in the end we weren't winning games. I'll take bad drives resulting in fewer yards and punts before I take the turnovers, short fields, and defenses scoring on us.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the OL of the Cowboys, and then look at the OL of the Lions.

It isn't fucking Linehan.

But didn't we have close to the best OL in the league last season, when Linehan (oh, and Stafford) was here?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But didn't we have close to the best OL in the league last season, when Linehan (oh, and Stafford) was here?

If you are a stat hound, then yes, it would appear that the Lions had a stellar OL last year.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cowboys OLine was pretty bad last year

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said last week they needed to start throwing passes to bush involve him in the passing game. Obviously he didnt play, but their one good drive was due to them finding riddick with passes. They need to continue doing this to open up their offense. Not sure why they got away from it so quickly.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The oline was much better last season. I dont think it has anything to do with linehan though.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read that the new offense has more routes that take longer to develop. Linehan had the ball out of Staffords hand quicker. Probably to help with the o line. Linehan always became too predictable in games and opponents defenses stopped the offense in the second half.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Linehan.

He has a talent laden line in Dallas though. And better talent overall across the board on offense.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at Linehan's record even back in Minnesota...he loved to run the ball. He really wasnt able to in Detroit...hence the leading the league in pass attempts the last 2 years. Lombardi is finding out quickly this line isnt very good. What I have noticed....(and maybe this is a Lombardi issue)is the interior line flat out missing blitzers. A gap seems to be easy pickens with guys going unblocked. Im wondering if the blocking schemes are more complicated then they were under Linehan? Scotts in Dallas now and Demarco is in beastmode....because they can.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan always became too predictable in games and opponents defenses stopped the offense in the second half.

Agree on becoming too predictable, but I think right now -- people would be happy to have a great offense for half a game. Points have been a premium for the offense this year. The defense may need to carry us a couple more weeks too, as they are saying Calvin may sit out til after the bye week.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im wondering if the blocking schemes are more complicated then they were under Linehan?
This is what I'm thinking too.

Scotts in Dallas now and Demarco is in beastmode
He's always been beasting it. His issue has been playing a full season. He did big things last year, and figured he'd be very good again. Linehan has nothing to do with that imo.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think that Lombardi has to figure out what's going to work and what won't as a coordinator and play caller. Linehan had many years as a coordinator and head coach and it still seemed sometimes like he was clueless as to what would work and what wouldn't. I think Stafford's lack of progress and predictability sealed Linehan's fate in Detroit and the latter will eventually seal his fate in Dallas.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also read an article today where one of the linemen, I think it was Warford or Sims, said they got back to basic blocking schemes this week because what they were running was so complicated. I hate complicated blocking schemes. If you can't line up some beef and muscle the Dline then you need to get new linemen.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand it when you see a blitzer vcome through and an O-lineman right there doing the shuffle not blocking anyone. I saw Warford and Raolia do that yesterday at least twice. How do they not see that guy?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lions are trying to get Stafford to be more careful with the football and not go for the HR as often. That coupled with the fact the Lions want a permanent commitment to the running game. The Lions are capable of that type of offense it just will look boring.

The Cowboys have very good talent all around their offense plus Dez Bryant is healthy. With that being said Romo,Cutler, and Stafford of previous regimes are all capable of the 5 int game or the 3 game stretch were they can't get out of their own way. So as good as Dallas has looked they are over due for a Romo stretch were the Cowboy fans are calling for a replacement. My guess by season end we will see the lets trade for Johnny Manzel threads constantly.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest issue as yet with this new offense has been the blocking scheme.