• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scheins: Busting Myths

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious:

"Nothing pains me more than listening to critics bash Smith. After years of rotating offensive coordinators and Mike Singletary's bombastic/clueless coaching, Smith finally reached his potential last year under Jim Harbaugh."

I wonder if Jed still gets hazed about hiring Singleminded.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is hilarious:

"Nothing pains me more than listening to critics bash Smith. After years of rotating offensive coordinators and Mike Singletary's bombastic/clueless coaching, Smith finally reached his potential last year under Jim Harbaugh."

I wonder if Jed still gets hazed about hiring Singleminded.

The PC crowd would have had his head at the time had he not hired that clown. I think a lot of fans were duped as well because, for as bad as he was, he was still ten times better than Nolan...which is kinda scary.

Granted 0 x 10 is still 0. But hey.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PC crowd would have had his head at the time had he not hired that clown. I think a lot of fans were duped as well because, for as bad as he was, he was still ten times better than Nolan...which is kinda scary.

Granted 0 x 10 is still 0. But hey.

Too funny! Yes, 0 X 10 is still 0. I think you are 100% correct on both assessments (PC Crowd & fans); after-all, he made decisions that won games - beginning with the benching of JTO. Most of the fans I knew had sentiments ranging from cautiously to overly optimistic.

I wonder if he will ever be an NFL HC again.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Myth: Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and will be a top-tier contender.

The Truth: The Steelers have issues and look like a third-place team

Last edited by a moderator:

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Too funny! Yes, 0 X 10 is still 0. I think you are 100% correct on both assessments (PC Crowd & fans); after-all, he made decisions that won games - beginning with the benching of JTO. Most of the fans I knew had sentiments ranging from cautiously to overly optimistic.

I wonder if he will ever be an NFL HC again.

I have to admit I was happy to have him at the time. He was a breath of fresh air from the "Three Sucketeers" that came before him. I was also happy to see him go haha. I'm still pissed he let my boy Shaun Hill go though lol (dont throw eggs at me for liking Shaun..Im even one of his "fans" on facebook).

I think he'd make an excellent college coach. And if he were to become one and have any success I could see him getting a second chance in the NFL as a head coach...where he'd fail miserably again and end up back in the college ranks.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Myth: Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and will be a top-tier contender.

The Truth: The Steelers have issues and look like a third-place team

I believe they'll contend because AFC isn't that strong of a conference but I do think they'll struggle this season.

I see this as somewhat of a retooling season for them as they start to transition working in the young blood and phasing out the aging vets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit I was happy to have him at the time. He was a breath of fresh air from the "Three Sucketeers" that came before him. I was also happy to see him go haha. I'm still pissed he let my boy Shaun Hill go though lol (dont throw eggs at me for liking Shaun..Im even one of his "fans" on facebook).

I think he'd make an excellent college coach. And if he were to become one and have any success I could see him getting a second chance in the NFL as a head coach...where he'd fail miserably again and end up back in the college ranks.

Didn't see this post - Definitely no hate for liking Shaun - I liked him too, as a back-up though; I wasn't crazy about the idea of him as a starter. Either way he was/is still a quality guy.

You may be right and Single-minded may one day again become a HC in the NFL, but I think he has a lot of years to serve as an apprentice before that happens.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Didn't see this post - Definitely no hate for liking Shaun - I liked him too, as a back-up though; I wasn't crazy about the idea of him as a starter. Either way he was/is still a quality guy.

You may be right and Single-minded may one day again become a HC in the NFL, but I think he has a lot of years to serve as an apprentice before that happens.

His best bet for head coaching is to go to the college ranks. And stay there.

Theres always some gullible owner that will pick up a guy like Singletary though based on name recognition (cough, cough Dan Snyder). I just feel like our owner didnt have much of a choice at the time.

Btw do you remember Chris Berman being upset that we fired Nolan? I still dont get that.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His best bet for head coaching is to go to the college ranks. And stay there.

Theres always some gullible owner that will pick up a guy like Singletary though based on name recognition (cough, cough Dan Snyder). I just feel like our owner didnt have much of a choice at the time.

Btw do you remember Chris Berman being upset that we fired Nolan? I still dont get that.

I agree 100%! Build a solid resume as a position coach in the NFL then head to the college ranks. I think Singletary becoming our HC happened for similar reasons that have kept Alex Smith as our QB - just a perfect storm of circumstances.

Yes, I do remember Berman's rant on the 49ers. I believed at the time it was due to the timing of the firing and perhaps due to Berman’s relationship with Dick Nolan. But, my facts may have become blurry by now.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, I do remember Berman's rant on the 49ers. I believed at the time it was due to the timing of the firing and perhaps due to Berman’s relationship with Dick Nolan. But, my facts may have become blurry by now.

I believe it was because of the way he was fired. I don't remember the details now though.