• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schedule

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 on the road in 10 am starts. Another big one this week. A team just like the Hawks. Young, up and coming, a few vets, balanced offense, very good defense. I want this game bad, but won't be too disappointed if we fall flat a bit after the emotional comeback in Houston and then flying back to the Eastern timezone.

flight104

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks dodged a bullet with the Saints. If the Saints had a winning record and went to the playoffs last year, the NFL schedulers most likely would have scheduled the Seahawks for a road game in New Orleans for a 10AM start. As it was then, they thought the tougher team to be on the road with was the Falcons, so that is what they scheduled. The 9ers get the Saints on the road this year which is very fortunate for us.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks dodged a bullet with the Saints. If the Saints had a winning record and went to the playoffs last year, the NFL schedulers most likely would have scheduled the Seahawks for a road game in New Orleans for a 10AM start. As it was then, they thought the tougher team to be on the road with was the Falcons, so that is what they scheduled. The 9ers get the Saints on the road this year which is very fortunate for us.

Actually, the schedules are set through the 2019 season and beyond. For the past 8 years, it's been an alternating schedule with 14 games set in stone and 2 variable games with set divisions and home/away venues.

Each division links 2 teams that will have the exact 14 game home and away schedule w/ 2 variable.

For example, the Hawks and Rams are linked while the 9ers and Zona are linked. We have the same 14 home/away games as the Rams while SF has the same home/away as Zona.

In the NFC South who we obviously play, the Saints and TB are linked while Atlanta and Carolina are linked.

Thus, every 3 years it rotates. In 2013 we play both the Saints and TB at home with Carolina and Atlanta on the road. Then in 2016, sched shifts to the Saints and TB on the road and Carolina and Atlanta at Home. We were scheduled 7 years ago to play the Saints at home in 2013, just like we'll be in N.O. in 2016.

This year, the 2 variable games for the NFCWest are hosting the NFCNorth and traveling to the NFCEast based on last year's finish. 9ers finished first and hosted GB and will travel east to play the Skins.

We finished 2nd so we host the Vikes and travel east to play the NYG. It's like that for the Rams and Zona, too.

Houston and Indy are linked as are Jags and Titans. That is why we were at Houston and Indy while hosting the Jags and Titans. (9ers are the opposite) Every 4 years, the AFC teams rotate. Thus, in 2017, we'll host Houston and Indy while traveling to the Jags and Titans.

In 2014, we play the NFCE. Dallas and NYG are linked as are the Skins and Eagles. We host the Cowboys and Giants in 2014 while traveling to the Skins and Eagles. It reverses in 2017.

In 2014, we play the AFCW. Denver and Oakland are linked as are the Chiefs and Chargers. We host the Broncos and Raiders while traveling to KC and San Diego. It reverses in 2018.

There are only 2 teams we don't know at this juncture for 2014. What we do know is that we'll "host" the same finishing team from the NFCNorth and will "travel" to the same finishing team from the NFCSouth.

2014 Home: Broncos, Raiders, Dallas, NYG, SF, Zona, Rams, "same finishing team from NFCNorth".
2014 Away: K.C. San Diego, Eagles, Skins, SF, Zona, Rams, "same finishing team from NFCSouth."

The NFL schedules are confirmed through 2019, so only the times and dates are determined by the NFL scheduling committee.

You can figure out every year's schedule based on that rotation or just look it up on espn. I hope it helps.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite giving away a game we should of won our road schedule is looking more manageable by the week.
The Falcons and Giants games are looking easier although I still think those guys will improve by the time we play them.

flight104

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, that is cool. Thank-You SeattleOspreys, I did not realize the schedule was that intricate. I thought the teams we played were the only solid not the away vs. home and way beyond. I appreciate your reply. I agree with SeattleCoug, our away schedule is looking better now than it did when the schedule came out.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season I felt there were 6 road games that would be pretty tough. Carolina, Houston, Indy, St. Louis, Atlanta, and SF. We have played three of these already and are 2-1 in those games. Pretty good results. Combine that with the utter failure of St. Louis and Atlanta and there is only one tough road game left. Maybe one and a half as it appears the Cards are making more progress on Defense and in spite of Palmer's issues the team has 3 wins, so some credit is due. So, 5 road games left and only 1 or maybe 2 that will be tough. They are all NFL games, but this bodes well for our team.

After the bye on week 12 I can see the Hawks at 10-1 or 9-2 if they somehow flub the Cards or Falcons game. SF also has a nice stretch ahead, so I see them at 8-3 or 7-4. Their next tough stretch is weeks 10-14. Car, @NO, @Was, StL, Sea. Worse case scenario is we meet in week 14 with both teams at 9-3. I guess the Niners could win them all and be at 10-2, but Car, @NO, @Was is pretty tough.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense may get to feed on Kellen Clemens in St. Louis. I say keep all the players who had injuries out of this game and give them another week to rest and practice.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the injury to Bradford they still have a good Defense and we still need to take this game seriously. I think Breno will still be out so we gotta contain their pass rush

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the injury to Bradford they still have a good Defense and we still need to take this game seriously. I think Breno will still be out so we gotta contain their pass rush

They will take it seriously alright. They will set their sites on 10 sacks,5 turnovers and 3 pic 6's. Offense can just kneel 3 x and punt each possession.

The Rams can't run, their recievers are nothing to write home about and now the backup who looks like a career backup will be in there to throw to the biggest and toughest secondary in the league while trying to avoid a brutal front 7 that are just getting going.

Also, the Rams can't stop the Run, our strength on offense. I expect to see second teamers in the 4th quarter.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts on Schedule today.

1. If the team gets to the Super Bowl or wins it, I would almost rather we enter the playoffs as the wildcard then have everyone saying (again) that we pump sound into the stadium and that is the only reason we win at home and got to the SB. On the other hand, all home playoff games sounds so great and would certainly help in securing wins just like anyone else's home games would.

2. I love the trap game of the Panthers @ SF in a couple weeks. Some teams, like the Hawks, have trouble after a bye week. The Niners will be recovering from jet lag for a while from coming back from London. Carolina's Defense looks good, and Cam seems to be doing better at making good decisions. Should be a good game. The Niners also then go to NO the next week followed by another away game at Washington to see an improving Redskin offense.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts on Schedule today.

1. If the team gets to the Super Bowl or wins it, I would almost rather we enter the playoffs as the wildcard then have everyone saying (again) that we pump sound into the stadium and that is the only reason we win at home and got to the SB.

Screw that, not you, the skeptics, KC proved that other Stadiums CAN be louder. Thank you KC.

Whatever the circumstance, Seahawk fans are great, we deserve the Home Field, now go earn it, and be proud to USE it.

Go Hawks.:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was shown that it is statistically the 5th toughest schedule in the NFL this season. Does this help or hurt the Hawks?

Shows what preseason opinions of the schedule are worth.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the schedule! A couple of quick points:
-Back to back Nationally televised games with almost two weeks in between. Being that these are road games in the division the time off in between will help with the rest.
-Setting a tone right out of the gate at home against the Niners, awesome!
-Finally a home game after the bye, plus an extra day since it'll be a MNF game.
-End the year with two home games against the division.

:agree:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I like this schedule, and I am really confident this season. Last year the Hawks had the hardest schedule in the league. Also, with having difficult opponents will help the team if they make the playoffs, since they would have faced top teams during the season.

I wanna see the Indianapolis game, it's in Indy and I would like to see Wilson put Luck in his place.

Unforutunate that we lost to the Colts, but the schedule has worked out great

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That schedule is brutal. Don't get me wrong I expect the Seahawks to win at least 12 games next year. But wow. 5 early East coast starts. Back to back road games 3 times. Having to play at San Fransisco after a Monday night game, though it's still better than playing there on Thursday last year.

1. @Carolina - Win
2. San Francisco - Win
3. Jacksonville - Win
4. @ Houston - Loss
5. @ Indianapolis - Win
6. Tennessee - Win
7. @ Arizona - Win
8. @ St. Louis - Loss (I just get the feeling the Seahawks are gonna drop one of these b2b division games)
9. Tampa Bay - Win
10. @ Atlanta - Loss (Atl is a good regular season team)
11. Minnesota - Win
12. BYE
13. New Orleans (MNF) - Win
14. @ Sn Francisco - Loss
15. @ New York Giants - Win
16. Arizona - Win
17. St. Louis - Win

That's how I see it right now anyway. Could be different in a few months.

Hasn't turned out to be all that brutal,has it?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 4 prime time games obviously and we have the possibility of getting more with flex scheduling at the end of the year.
I also like finishing at home against (St Louis, and Arizona)
I also like our bye being sandwiched between two home games meaning the guys get be at home for a while.

I do not like the bye being so late, I would rather have it a few weeks earlier but its not a huge deal.
We have a couple of tough stretches (Week 4 @ Houston and Week 5 @Indy back to back) and a tough 3 game stretch
with (Week 13 NO, Week 14 @SF and Week 15 @NYG)
The thing that bugs me most about it is the 5 10 am games on the road. I thought the NFL was going to minimize that for West Coast teams. I mean couldnt we get some 1pm slots against those teams. For example I looked at NE schedule for comparison and only 4 of their 8 home games are 10 am. Their game @ Houston is at 1:25pm and ours is 10am.
From a competitive standpoint it shouldnt matter when you play but as a fan I would rather watch my team play at 10 then 1. Just my two cents.

Good call on the tough stretch. We all need to quit worrying about the 10.00am games because we got no control over that, other then kicking ass this year and being starred for Sunday night and Monday nights next year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the schedule goes, I like it. The one thing being I would have like to see a better build up to the 49er game. Week four would have been about right, but it's all good.

Well in hindsight playing the 49ers week two has worked out great, even if it didn't have all the drama of last year.49ers are going to be in the rear view mirror all year long. Sweet!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going 14 - 2.

I've never gone higher than 11-5. I have the utmost confidence in this squad. I've never been a homer, never. This squad has juggernaut written all over them. The addition of AWinfield is so big and I'm not even sure we recognize it, yet, based on conversations. Percy Harvin? Too bad he's not on ST's because we haven't had a guy like Harvin since JGalloway (yes JG was a total burner) The addition of Avril and Bennett. Let some steam out, Bennett....

I think we go 5-1 in the division with the only loss to the Rams.

I like the Texans, unfortunately. JJ Watt is a beast. Steroid guy is back. The addition of my favorite WR in the draft, DHopkins, teams up with AJ and allows them to squeek it out even with an avg MSchaub.

If Bevell allows RWill to throw 37 times, we can pull it out but if we try to run 27 plays and pass 27 plays, we'll lose one of those last second fg games.

No fear against the G-Men on the road, No fear at home against the Saints, no fear in a revenge vs Atlanta and no fear at SF. No slight to the 9ers. Great squad but I don't like their secondary.

I know the conservative forces don't want to over shoot the win total and conventional wisdom with early games says 11 or 12 wins.

Nope, I like 14 - 2. :suds:

14-2 sure looks doable.