• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schedule

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. @Carolina
2. San Francisco
3. Jacksonville
4. @ Houston
5. @ Indianapolis
6. Tennessee
7. @ Arizona
8. @ St. Louis
9. Tampa Bay
10. @ Atlanta
11. Minnesota
12. BYE
13. New Orleans (MNF)
14. @ Sn Francisco
15. @ New York Giants
16. Arizona
17. St. Louis

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was shown that it is statistically the 5th toughest schedule in the NFL this season. Does this help or hurt the Hawks?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it I think it helps,San Fran week two at home is gonna be great.

Matter of fact I really like this schedule.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the schedule! A couple of quick points:
-Back to back Nationally televised games with almost two weeks in between. Being that these are road games in the division the time off in between will help with the rest.
-Setting a tone right out of the gate at home against the Niners, awesome!
-Finally a home game after the bye, plus an extra day since it'll be a MNF game.
-End the year with two home games against the division.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I like this schedule, and I am really confident this season. Last year the Hawks had the hardest schedule in the league. Also, with having difficult opponents will help the team if they make the playoffs, since they would have faced top teams during the season.

I wanna see the Indianapolis game, it's in Indy and I would like to see Wilson put Luck in his place.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, 3 Mondays and 1 Thursday. 1/4 of the season on prime time games. We're getting some respect.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the bye and then the Monday night at home and then at San,NY and then back home for the cards and rams,very nice ending.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. @Carolina
2. San Francisco
3. Jacksonville
4. @ Houston
5. @ Indianapolis
6. Tennessee
7. @ Arizona
8. @ St. Louis
9. Tampa Bay
10. @ Atlanta
11. Minnesota
12. BYE
13. New Orleans (MNF)
14. @ Sn Francisco
15. @ New York Giants
16. Arizona
17. St. Louis

Nice to see a fellow CBS refugee.

1. @Carolina - win
2. San Francisco - win
3. Jacksonville - win
4. @ Houston - loss
5. @ Indianapolis - win
6. Tennessee - win
7. @ Arizona - win
8. @ St. Louis - win
9. Tampa Bay - win
10. @ Atlanta - loss
11. Minnesota - win
12. BYE
13. New Orleans (MNF) - win
14. @ Sn Francisco - loss
15. @ New York Giants - win
16. Arizona - win
17. St. Louis - win

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see a fellow CBS refugee.

There's a couple of us that have made the transfer since they ruined the boards over there. I was recommended through someone over there on their new main discussion board to join SportsHoopla as well. Once I joined this afternoon I went back over to recruit, and CBS completely removed their discussion board. Since the change it's been all backlash so they probably figured to squash the entire thing, oh well. Glad to be here, hopefully we can get more in here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been to the CBS board but i hope many move to this board.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the schedule goes, I like it. The one thing being I would have like to see a better build up to the 49er game. Week four would have been about right, but it's all good.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a tough schedule. But the Seahawks are a good team and I think they will be able to handle a tough schedule. @Houston, @Atlanta and @SF seem to be the toughest games. I think we can beat Atlanta though.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I missed at first glance was that the bye week is the absolute latest it possibly can be, and that can be huge. This team is so young that they should have the endurance to compete at a high level throughout a majority of the season, and then a bye week to get rested up for a late season push. Another positive!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That schedule is brutal. Don't get me wrong I expect the Seahawks to win at least 12 games next year. But wow. 5 early East coast starts. Back to back road games 3 times. Having to play at San Fransisco after a Monday night game, though it's still better than playing there on Thursday last year.

1. @Carolina - Win
2. San Francisco - Win
3. Jacksonville - Win
4. @ Houston - Loss
5. @ Indianapolis - Win
6. Tennessee - Win
7. @ Arizona - Win
8. @ St. Louis - Loss (I just get the feeling the Seahawks are gonna drop one of these b2b division games)
9. Tampa Bay - Win
10. @ Atlanta - Loss (Atl is a good regular season team)
11. Minnesota - Win
12. BYE
13. New Orleans (MNF) - Win
14. @ Sn Francisco - Loss
15. @ New York Giants - Win
16. Arizona - Win
17. St. Louis - Win

That's how I see it right now anyway. Could be different in a few months.

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blstoker, I sent you a PM over at mudncleats. I have an invite for you.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That schedule is brutal. Don't get me wrong I expect the Seahawks to win at least 12 games next year. But wow. 5 early East coast starts. Back to back road games 3 times. Having to play at San Fransisco after a Monday night game, though it's still better than playing there on Thursday last year.

8. @ St. Louis - Loss (I just get the feeling the Seahawks are gonna drop one of these b2b division games)

That's how I see it right now anyway. Could be different in a few months.

Don't want to under-estimate the Rams on their home turf, but, with an unproven running back (Darryl Richardson still as a long way to go in his NFL development) and an underwhelming receiving corps, I think they are going to have a real hard time generating offense against the Seahawks.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to under-estimate the Rams on their home turf, but, with an unproven running back (Darryl Richardson still as a long way to go in his NFL development) and an underwhelming receiving corps, I think they are going to have a real hard time generating offense against the Seahawks.

For sure I don't expect St. Louis to run up the score on the Seahawks, however Seattle didn't light it up on offense against the Rams in either game against them either last year. Those divisional road games are always tough it doesn't seem to matter too much how crummy the teams are. And keep in mind I also said the Seahawks would lose one of those back to back road games against Arizona and St. Louis. I could just have easily picked the Cardinals game for the L. Would you believe that since U of Phoenix Stadium opened in 2006 the Seahawks have only beaten the Cardinals down there once?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 4 prime time games obviously and we have the possibility of getting more with flex scheduling at the end of the year.
I also like finishing at home against (St Louis, and Arizona)
I also like our bye being sandwiched between two home games meaning the guys get be at home for a while.

I do not like the bye being so late, I would rather have it a few weeks earlier but its not a huge deal.
We have a couple of tough stretches (Week 4 @ Houston and Week 5 @Indy back to back) and a tough 3 game stretch
with (Week 13 NO, Week 14 @SF and Week 15 @NYG)
The thing that bugs me most about it is the 5 10 am games on the road. I thought the NFL was going to minimize that for West Coast teams. I mean couldnt we get some 1pm slots against those teams. For example I looked at NE schedule for comparison and only 4 of their 8 home games are 10 am. Their game @ Houston is at 1:25pm and ours is 10am.
From a competitive standpoint it shouldnt matter when you play but as a fan I would rather watch my team play at 10 then 1. Just my two cents.

espnrefugegohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a part of our "road woes" that everyone talks about is the fact that we just weren't a very good football team. We had horrible pass protection, bad qb play, no pass rush, and a defense that couldn't get a stop on 3rd down to save our lives. When Wilson started rolling and the team came together we were fine on the road. I'd say the overly conservative play calling that kept teams in the game late even though we were clearly outplaying them had more to do with these losses than the team coming out flat because for whatever reason.

The Falcons have a pretty tough schedule this year and TB is improved so we won't have to worry about a team from a weak division skating through the regular season racking up some pretty easy wins. I bet 12-4 and a win against the Falcons gets us HFA and if we're as good as everyone says we are then that should be the expectation.