• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scandrick Injured

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as replaceable- sure we have a little depth there. With exception of maybe 3 on this team though, nobody is irreplaceable. I look at our team as Super Bowl contenders, not the favorite but definitely a contender. We lost a really good player yesterday. I'm not losing any sleep over it either, but count me on Jarntts side on this one. I know who I would want on Cobb coming out of the slot in the NFC championship. I get the next man up thing and that's what it's going to have to be. When I read at least it isn't Lee, I compared that too well at least it wasn't Zack Martin- but it was Travis Frederick. Maybe I'm wearing Scandrock glasses here , but after Revis, Sherman and maybe Peterson- I look at Scandrick in that next group.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that at some point Dallas has to trade a spot of depth for a spot that isn't. ANyone think we might dangle an OL guy for a CB?

We have had almost no luck since Deion getting CB's in Dallas, so giving anything other than money makes me nervous.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr has been bad for us sometimes, but he has a better track record than Scandrick. Cowboy fans, NFC East rival moron fans, and the media make it seem like we lost Revis or Sherman.

Come on Earl, not one person is clining Scandic is any where close to Revis. We are saying he has been our most consistent and better CB. If MO or Jones can fill his void the injury won't hurt the team, but Jones is a rook who we don't know how good he is and Mo who hasn't been anywhere close to a NFL CB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that at some point Dallas has to trade a spot of depth for a spot that isn't. ANyone think we might dangle an OL guy for a CB?

We have had almost no luck since Deion getting CB's in Dallas, so giving anything other than money makes me nervous.
The Cowboys could trade Free or Leary for a serviceable veteran, but not a pro bowler. Would take a Smith or Martin for a star, and that ain't happening. I think Jones is full time CB from here on out and the Cowboys add a vet cut for cap purposes if possible:2cents:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Earl, not one person is clining Scandic is any where close to Revis. We are saying he has been our most consistent and better CB. If MO or Jones can fill his void the injury won't hurt the team, but Jones is a rook who we don't know how good he is and Mo who hasn't been anywhere close to a NFL CB.
But what does that really matter when the secondary as a whole has been shitty? 2014, 26th against the pass. 2013, 30th against the pass. 2012, 19th against the pass. That's with Scandrick and Carr the past three years. I fail to see how losing Scandrick makes us any worse than we already were.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not good logic IMO earl. Stats can get real misleading and a ton of variables. You know that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what does that really matter when the secondary as a whole has been shitty? 2014, 26th against the pass. 2013, 30th against the pass. 2012, 19th against the pass. That's with Scandrick and Carr the past three years. I fail to see how losing Scandrick makes us any worse than we already were.

As a whole it has been shItty with Scandick being the ONLY one in this secondary to look like a solid NFL player. Who knows if the line can get pressure along with Mo and Jones stepping the loss of Scandrick won't hurt so much, but if neither of those two pan out it will get ugly fast.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But
Doing away with preseason won't slow these, IMO. I wonder if instead the NFLPA could finagle another few roster spots and a slightly larger cap to cover them. Bump from 52 to 55 and raise the cap another $2M to allow players to be signed. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it would help with depth for teams that are wiped out like this. Look at the Giants secondary. Imagine if that started in the season after they had already cut rosters to 52 and then had to rely on other teams PS and off the street guys.

But when you put a guy on IR it does open up a roster spot for him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A couple of guys said that this year, but I don't see it. What depth to we have on the OL? Our backup Swing Tackle is questionable and we really don't have a true backup Center. We could trade MB, but if we move Collins to swing Tackle he becomes our primary backup at both Guard spots and we'd also likely be losing our 1st backup C. I guess if Green comes back and looks good it could change my opinion, but right now I wouldn't want to trade an OL. I thought we were actually deep at CB before this. Our backups were Jones, White, Mo and Patmon. That's pretty good and was even going to allow us to put one of them in the safety mix if we wanted.

Now the question to me and why this is a big injury is who starts of course. We aren't going to get a starting CB for a backup OL and our backup CBs are still pretty good, no? It seems both White and Patmon have played well. If Jones or Mo (or really any of them) plays well as a starter we are still pretty good and still have decent depth. If Jones wins the job it bodes well for this year and the future and if Mo wins the job it allows Jones to still compete and get snaps at both spots. If whomever wins the job plays well all year it is likely the final straw in Carr's time as a Cowboy unless he plays like he did a few years ago.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the the coaching staff does like the 5 we still have. It seemed like they were trying to get them all involved as well. I think it's just a fear of the unknown. PAtmon and Jones are both really young. Mo is coming off injury. White is new to the team. I still think they will watch the waiver wire, but I think these will be our 5. There are definitely worse sets of 5 out there, compared to others. The only problem I see is where are we now as far as top 3 CBs and where would they rank compared to other teams top 3. I'm interested to see what Cincy does with their guys. They have been loaded lately with DBs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the the coaching staff does like the 5 we still have. It seemed like they were trying to get them all involved as well. I think it's just a fear of the unknown. PAtmon and Jones are both really young. Mo is coming off injury. White is new to the team. I still think they will watch the waiver wire, but I think these will be our 5. There are definitely worse sets of 5 out there, compared to others. The only problem I see is where are we now as far as top 3 CBs and where would they rank compared to other teams top 3. I'm interested to see what Cincy does with their guys. They have been loaded lately with DBs.

yet they were playing guys we didn't want - T New and Pac Man.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Hall and Nelson. Nelson is a Safety thOugh. I think Newman plays for the Vikes now. They do have Kirkpatrick and Dennard though. They used to have Nate Clements too. l

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marinelli isn't one to call guys the best at something for no reason ala Rex Ryan

Great player, probably the best slot player in the league,” defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said of Scandrick, “so obviously, he’ll be missed. But somebody has got to step up now. We’ve got some men in there who can step up, and we’re counting on them.”

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go out of town for a week and the injury bug hits my Cowboys
Losing Scandrick hurts big time but that's football. Hopefully Will Mcclay has a gem hidden in that scouting book of his to help fill in the void.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not good logic IMO earl. Stats can get real misleading and a ton of variables. You know that.
Stats can be misleading but not in Scandrick's case. Scandrick makes little-to-no plays in the secondary to change the momentum of a game. He gives up way too many catches as well in addition to making no plays. Stats and eye test tells you that. Like PDay said, everybody in this secondary is replaceable.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a whole it has been shItty with Scandick being the ONLY one in this secondary to look like a solid NFL player. Who knows if the line can get pressure along with Mo and Jones stepping the loss of Scandrick won't hurt so much, but if neither of those two pan out it will get ugly fast.
Yes, Scandrick was good last year. He wasn't good the six years prior to that. I know it sounds like I'm hating on him but I'm just trying to put things in perspective. Scandrick has had one good year in 7 seasons and all of a sudden we lose him, the media makes it seem like we lost Revis or something.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody on this team is replaceable with exception of 3. I don't like to use stats but PFF has him as the 89th best player in the league. I think there were 4 maybe 5 CBs in front of him. Marinelli said he was probably the best slot Cb in the league. I know probably is a broad term but he is obviously pretty damn good.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Scandrick was good last year. He wasn't good the six years prior to that. I know it sounds like I'm hating on him but I'm just trying to put things in perspective. Scandrick has had one good year in 7 seasons and all of a sudden we lose him, the media makes it seem like we lost Revis or something.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Again I don't think anyone is acting as though we lost Revis, but we did lose our best corner from last season from an already questionable CB position. I will agree if MO or Jones steps up and fills the void we are no worse, and yes Scandrick is replaceable. I don't think any will argue that.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody on this team is replaceable with exception of 3. I don't like to use stats but PFF has him as the 89th best player in the league. I think there were 4 maybe 5 CBs in front of him. Marinelli said he was probably the best slot Cb in the league. I know probably is a broad term but he is obviously pretty damn good.
I believe we have way more than three. Romo, Dez, Witten, Smith, Martin, Frederick, TCrawford, and Lee(when healthy) are irreplaceable. We went 12-4 without Lee last year, but not having his leadership was very visible on the field.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can agree to disagree. Again I don't think anyone is acting as though we lost Revis, but we did lose our best corner from last season from an already questionable CB position. I will agree if MO or Jones steps up and fills the void we are no worse, and yes Scandrick is replaceable. I don't think any will argue that.
The minute we lost Revis, guys in the media like Stephen A. Smith started tempering their expectations for the Cowboys. Rewind all the way back to last season when Scandrick was suspended for four games(reduced to two), and nobody said anything about the Cowboys not having him or that they will miss him. Why? Because nobody thought Scandrick was any good before 2014. His 2014 season is making everybody forget his body of work.

I love what Scandrick brings to this team, but I've always criticized him for giving up too many catches and not making enough plays. One play I'll never forget that helped cost our 2013 season was against Green Bay and Matt Flynn. The game where we had that great debacle? GB's first drive in the 2nd half should have ended in an interception instead of a TD to Jordy Nelson. Scandrick allowed Nelson to make a ridiculous play on a ball that should have been intercepted 95% of the time. If Scandrick ends that drive, GB probably never makes that comeback.

jordy_medium.gif

Last edited: