• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scandrick Injured

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck.. I am a big patmon fan. Hope he can make impact in slot. Scandrick was our best cb,but he honestly is not irreplaceable. He never has made a ton of picks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scank has been one of my favorite players since the days he was battling Mike Jenkins for a starting spot in TC. Which he should have won. This is a tough loss but nothing this team can't overcome. My mentality is & always will be next man up, unless it is the franchise QB....

It's not about whether we can overcome it or not. We are a worse team this morning than we were yesterday morning. Maybe Mo steps up. Maybe the kid steps up. Maybe White or Patmon steps up. i don't think anyone feels this ends our season in any way. But we lost our best player at a position of weakness. That is huge. We also may (emphasis on MAY) have lost the ability to play White or Jones at FS because of this.

Who knows what will happen. The Giants and Packers both had an incredible amount of injuries the year they won their SBs. The Giants shut down Romo, TO and crew with guys off the street. The point is we lost a key player. If the pass rush steps up it big time, then it isn't quite as important to have Scandrick out there as it was last year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox seems to be the weakest link in secondary. I say put white back there

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about whether we can overcome it or not. We are a worse team this morning than we were yesterday morning. Maybe Mo steps up. Maybe the kid steps up. Maybe White or Patmon steps up. i don't think anyone feels this ends our season in any way. But we lost our best player at a position of weakness. That is huge. We also may (emphasis on MAY) have lost the ability to play White or Jones at FS because of this.

Who knows what will happen. The Giants and Packers both had an incredible amount of injuries the year they won their SBs. The Giants shut down Romo, TO and crew with guys off the street. The point is we lost a key player. If the pass rush steps up it big time, then it isn't quite as important to have Scandrick out there as it was last year.

The point is injuries are apart of the game & no other teams are gonna feel sorry for the Cowboys.

#NEXT MAN UP

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Wilcox seems like the weakest link because he is being asked to do things that aren't his strongest attributes. While I agree that putting someone else at FS will strengthen our pass defense it will also likely weaken our rush defense so to me it isn't as simple as just sitting Wilcox. Also, I think he takes bad angles way to often (against both the run and the pass), but maybe we are better with a different FS and Wilcox than we are with Church because Wilcox has much better range. That is what preseason is for. let's see what they decide.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully the games start soon. I always get half jacked reading the bull shit this time of year. It remains a mystery to me while many seem to think they have it all figured out.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a defense (secondary in particular) that needs all hands on deck to take the next step this is a huge blow. As stated, hopefully someone seizes this opportunity and steps up (Mo, I'm looking in your direction).

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not average if you grade him against Carr and Mo.
Carr has been bad for us sometimes, but he has a better track record than Scandrick. Cowboy fans, NFC East rival moron fans, and the media make it seem like we lost Revis or Sherman.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr has been bad for us sometimes, but he has a better track record than Scandrick. Cowboy fans, NFC East rival moron fans, and the media make it seem like we lost Revis or Sherman.

Scandrick has been way better than Carr since Carr walked through the door. Not even close IMO. I don't think I've seen anyone even come close to alluding that it seems like we lost a Revis or a Sherman, but when you take away the best corner on a team needing to get much better at corner it's going to leave a mark.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scandrick has been way better than Carr since Carr walked through the door. Not even close IMO.
Carr was better than Scandrick in his first two years here. Scandrick was better last year. This is an exaggeration. People are letting one bad year from Carr and one good year from Scandrick cloud their judgment.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you're coming from. Year to year league for that position like few others.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr was better than Scandrick in his first two years here. Scandrick was better last year. This is an exaggeration. People are letting one bad year from Carr and one good year from Scandrick cloud their judgment.

Could not disagree with this more. Scandrick has been so much better than Carr. But, to each his own.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will miss Scandrick. Make no mistake about it. Any time you lose depth at a valuable position, it hurts. But I and most Cowboy fans know what Scandrick has been for the most part of his career. He gives up way too many easy passes and doesn't make enough big plays in the secondary. Good player, but hardly anybody here would think highly of him if it weren't for his good season and Carr's bad season in 14. Even despite the fact Scandrick was better last year, they still had Carr lining up against the most team's best WRs.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could not disagree with this more. Scandrick has been so much better than Carr. But, to each his own.
That's because Carr was so bad last year and Scandrick was good. The first year Carr was here Scandrick missed 5 games due to injury. Scandrick also missed two games last year. Carr has been way more durable and hasn't tested positive for anything in addition to catching more interceptions, breaking up more passes, having two pick sixes to Scandrick's zero, and getting more tackles. Scandrick was on the worst defense in football just like Carr was. I don't know why everyone is trying to rewrite history on Scandrick just because Scandrick was a top 10 corner last year according to PFF.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me as one that hasn't seen anyone in the dbackfield that's not replaceable...not one player has earned that reputation as a player. I don't see anyone that had separated themselves from the others by any great strides. I still hold some hope for Mo & Wilcox and those two might be many fans go-to punching bags on this site.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me as one that hasn't seen anyone in the dbackfield that's not replaceable...not one player has earned that reputation as a player. I don't see anyone that had separated themselves from the others by any great strides. I still hold some hope for Mo & Wilcox and those two might be many fans go-to punching bags on this site.
Amen. Couldn't agree more.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...like never before in football, injuries derail a season more than coaching ever thought of...with perhaps the exception of the 2007 Cowboy season with Bum's boy at the helm.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Carr was so bad last year and Scandrick was good. The first year Carr was here Scandrick missed 5 games due to injury. Scandrick also missed two games last year. Carr has been way more durable and hasn't tested positive for anything in addition to catching more interceptions, breaking up more passes, having two pick sixes to Scandrick's zero, and getting more tackles. Scandrick was on the worst defense in football just like Carr was. I don't know why everyone is trying to rewrite history on Scandrick just because Scandrick was a top 10 corner last year according to PFF.

Ints, etc are great but the most important job is covering and in no way did Scandrick have just one good year. This has nothing to do with last year alone. You don't remember the quote from Carr about "setting the world on fire" and how everyone laughed because of how he played the year before?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing away with preseason won't slow these, IMO. I wonder if instead the NFLPA could finagle another few roster spots and a slightly larger cap to cover them. Bump from 52 to 55 and raise the cap another $2M to allow players to be signed. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it would help with depth for teams that are wiped out like this. Look at the Giants secondary. Imagine if that started in the season after they had already cut rosters to 52 and then had to rely on other teams PS and off the street guys.