• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SB celebration opening night at Safeco

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The closest the Mariners will ever come to actually celebrating a championship themselves… :L Nice PR move Mariners…

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the ratio for Seahawks to Mariners jersey will be that night for those in attendance. I say the Seahawks jersey will most likely outnumber the Mariner jerseys

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leeching off the Seahawks on opening day? Wow... That is pretty sad actually.

Wow sad......they should sell out openng night regardless...they should do this the first tuesday night where their gonna draw 5k

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leeching off the Seahawks on opening day? Wow... That is pretty sad actually.

What the chances of when the Rangers come in town that they will give away free Russell Wilson Rangers jersey for the first 10,000 or whatever fans show up to the game?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the ratio for Seahawks to Mariners jersey will be that night for those in attendance. I say the Seahawks jersey will most likely outnumber the Mariner jerseys

At spring training games this year the Hawks jerseys out number the Mariner jerseys. I stopped by the last 3 innings of the Rangers game on Russell Wilson day and there were a ton of Hawks jerseys. Very few if any Mariners jerseys (Mariners were not playing that game though).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the chances of when the Rangers come in town that they will give away free Russell Wilson Rangers jersey for the first 10,000 or whatever fans show up to the game?

LOL… OMG imagine that..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL… OMG imagine that..

They will do anything to get fans in the gates, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Knitting night confirmed that and their "singles ladies night" which was catered to lesbians and basically a lesbians night just shows how pathetic they are with their minor league promotions so I bet there is talk about doing it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will do anything to get fans in the gates, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Knitting night confirmed that and their "singles ladies night" which was catered to lesbians and basically a lesbians night just shows how pathetic they are with their minor league promotions so I bet there is talk about doing it.

I hear ya man… It's just hit and all time low for this franchise.. I usually go to a couple games just to get out and enjoy a summer night at the Safe but it's certainly not to see good baseball… And I definitely only pay for the cheap seats maybe 8 bucks a ticket… That's my contribution… Mariners are without a doubt one of the worst run franchises in pro sports… I don't see that changing either unless the team is sold to and ownership group that truly wants to be competitive…

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view this as a lose-lose for most of you.
man we all love the Seahawk success. Let's embrass this move as a positive.

As we wait...........wait for it.........the Perfect NW Storm. MARINERS win the WS.
YES I said it. Now as fans lets support those Baseball Guys Too.

I just purchased a 16 game plan. Hell. I have been waiting over 35 years for both teams.

Why not this year???????

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As we wait...........wait for it.........the Perfect NW Storm. MARINERS win the WS.

I just purchased a 16 game plan. Hell. I have been waiting over 35 years for both teams.

Why not this year???????

I'd embrace them recognizing the Hawks with a night in May or the end of April. I'd also give them more room on leaching off other success if they were lobbying to keep the NHL and NBA out of Seattle.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not this year???????

I love the enthusiasm, but the list of reasons why the Mariners won't win the World Series runs about a mile long.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not this year???????

the m's won't win a ws until it gets brand new ownership and a brand new front office.

optimism is fine as long as it's based on a modicum of reality.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd embrace them recognizing the Hawks with a night in May or the end of April. I'd also give them more room on leaching off other success if they were lobbying to keep the NHL and NBA out of Seattle.

That was seriously something that ticked me off beyond belief… Showed the true arrogance of this ownership..

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not this year???????

Holy crap. Maybe try taking some of the starch out of your cheerleader skirt. And lay off of the shirley Temples.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the enthusiasm, but the list of reasons why the Mariners won't win the World Series runs about a mile long.

Starts and ends with the Baseball gods refuse to LET A FRANCHISE HAVE MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS THEN GAMES WATCHED BY ITS OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh quit scolding the promotions department for trying to do their job well when you're really mad at the baseball operations department for not doing their job well. The job of the promotions department is to get as many butts in seats as possible regardless of how the team on the field is doing and since the baseball operations department isn't doing their job well, the promotions department is having to over-compensate. Piggybacking on the Seahawks success makes a lot of sense from a promotional standpoint, so why shouldn't they do it? It's not their fault the people on the baseball operations side can't do their job well.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was seriously something that ticked me off beyond belief… Showed the true arrogance of this ownership..

Arrogance and indifference...great combo. I think success is imminent.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it was arrogance as opposed to fear and stupidity. Since the Sonics left the Mariners have still been able to be second fiddle to the Seahawks, but they fear playing 3rd or 4th fiddle which most certainly they would if the NHL and NBA came as proposed.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a delusional optimist still drunk off that Seahawk Superbowl Koolaid, but I don't think the Mariners are that far away from playoff contention as many of you guys seem to think

There's a chance that Brad Miller might play really well this year. There's a chance Mike Zunino will continue to further develop. I'm on the very few but I'm still a believer in Smoak and Ackley. I think Ackley will be a solid .280 hitting cf for us that will eventually use his speed to steal more bases. I think Smoak will be a 20-25 hr guy for us with a good obp.

That plus Cano who is a guy who hits for power and is also capable of winning the batting title.

I think we are going to win 86-90 games this year and have a chance at the wild card