• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Antonio Raiders?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will change...TX is a Cowboy market pretty much everywhere but HOU...if the Raiders did move to SA...I wouldn't be surprised if JJ allowed it under the premise that it would be a dual TV market...meaning every DAL game is still on TV.

Yeah. JJ is a pretty powerful owner with lots of influence and I just don't see him letting go of the San Antonio market.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. JJ is a pretty powerful owner with lots of influence and I just don't see him letting go of the San Antonio market.

I don't either...that's why I think SA would remain a Cowboy TV market in addition to the Raiders...and I'm sure somebody would have to slide him some cash.

I lived n NJ for 12 yrs...we got both the Jets and the Giants every week...dual TV market. IDT JJ has the SA gate, so he's not really losing anything there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either...that's why I think SA would remain a Cowboy TV market in addition to the Raiders...and I'm sure somebody would have to slide him some cash.

I lived n NJ for 12 yrs...we got both the Jets and the Giants every week...dual TV market. IDT JJ has the SA gate, so he's not really losing anything there.

Well with the Cowboys being in the NFC and the Raiders most likely staying in the AFC in that move yeah I don't think he loses much tv market wise. There might be about 2-3 games during the season that could be questionable of whether they cut in or not. I do know that Cowboys fans are some of the more passionate and loyal fans out there so I do see the Raiders struggling to get a great fan base going in a market that is so one sided towards one team already. I mean look at the Rams in St. Louis as an example of as soon as they started losing the fans really stopped showing up. Hard to establish yourself in a new location unless you come out winning and winning often.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with the Cowboys being in the NFC and the Raiders most likely staying in the AFC in that move yeah I don't think he loses much tv market wise. There might be about 2-3 games during the season that could be questionable of whether they cut in or not. I do know that Cowboys fans are some of the more passionate and loyal fans out there so I do see the Raiders struggling to get a great fan base going in a market that is so one sided towards one team already. I mean look at the Rams in St. Louis as an example of as soon as they started losing the fans really stopped showing up. Hard to establish yourself in a new location unless you come out winning and winning often.

Great point about Cowboy fans. Can bust their chops but can never question their loyalty to the Cowboys. They will divorce their wife before the divorce their Cowboys. They stayed with the Cowboys through the Campo years. That's some fucking loyalty right there!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point about Cowboy fans. Can bust their chops but can never question their loyalty to the Cowboys. They will divorce their wife before the divorce their Cowboys. They stayed with the Cowboys through the Campo years. That's some fucking loyalty right there!

Yup which is why I just see the NFL not thinking that is the best move for the Raiders. They are not idiots all the time. It is why they wanted so badly for the Raiders to pair with the 49ers because fan base wise the Raiders are going to get the best support from Oakland. At this point Raider fans have been some of the least loyal in the NFL. They are the reason the black out rules had to be changed because they couldn't sell out their stadium. They ranked 30th in average number of attendance and 31st in percentage of seats filled on a given Sunday. They don't have a very large national market so I think California has to be the place they stay.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SA has been long mentioned as an expansion market and were always held down, if you will by DAL. I think the Raiders will have strong support, initially (5+ yrs probably) then...all bets are off.

STL...yeah but there some caveats there.

Ms. Frontiere was from STL I understand and it was her idea to move the team there. Once Kroenke obtained controlling interest in the team 4 or 5 years ago...leaving STL rumors started sometime after that...coupled with the losing...I have to cut STL fans some slack.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA has been long mentioned as an expansion market and were always held down, if you will by DAL. I think the Raiders will have strong support, initially (5+ yrs probably) then...all bets are off.

STL...yeah but there some caveats there.

Ms. Frontiere was from STL I understand and it was her idea to move the team there. Once Kroenke obtained controlling interest in the team 4 or 5 years ago...leaving STL rumors started sometime after that...coupled with the losing...I have to cut STL fans some slack.

Oh I understand the whole St. Louis situation and don't blame their fans at all. Kroenke owns both the Nuggets and Avalanche so know all too well how he operates as an owner. The man is all about the almighty dollar and if that means threatening to move a team to do so then he will definitely use that every single season. I don't blame Rams fans for getting upset when you don't know what will happen to your team year in and year out.

As for the Raiders the biggest issue I see for them is they just lack a whole lot of popularity nationally. This 13 year run of being one of the worst teams in the league has really hurt their fan base during one of the biggest booms in NFL popularity. They just haven't attracted a ton of new fans other than in the Oakland area. Even in Oakland they have had terrible attendance compared to almost every team in the NFL. So then going to a market that already has 2 very established teams within the state just seems like it is setting the franchise up for failure unless they can find immediate success and begin to get a new breed of Raiders fans in the area.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand the whole St. Louis situation and don't blame their fans at all. Kroenke owns both the Nuggets and Avalanche so know all too well how he operates as an owner. The man is all about the almighty dollar and if that means threatening to move a team to do so then he will definitely use that every single season. I don't blame Rams fans for getting upset when you don't know what will happen to your team year in and year out.

As for the Raiders the biggest issue I see for them is they just lack a whole lot of popularity nationally. This 13 year run of being one of the worst teams in the league has really hurt their fan base during one of the biggest booms in NFL popularity. They just haven't attracted a ton of new fans other than in the Oakland area. Even in Oakland they have had terrible attendance compared to almost every team in the NFL. So then going to a market that already has 2 very established teams within the state just seems like it is setting the franchise up for failure unless they can find immediate success and begin to get a new breed of Raiders fans in the area.

SA will embrace them early on because it's such a football crazed part of the country. Agree 100% they must have success on the field to stick long term.

National...yep...ATL suffers that same thing, but they've never won anything. Steeler Nation, CheeseHead Nation have contracted and expanded over the last 20-30 yrs...one or two years in the playoffs and I think you'll find the Raider Nation will quickly regain footing on the national stage.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3