• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam update Finally!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously some of you guys don't have a clue. It's just been 3 years. Fisher took over this team when it was absolutely terrible probably the worst team in the NFL. Already has more wins in three years than the other coaches had in five years. He loses his starting quarterback in preseason not to mention Chris Long and Tremaine Johnson for most of the season and still wins six games with Hill and Davis?? In the toughest division.. What did you expect a Super Bowl win?? WTF.

3 year?? ..........wow just wow!!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously some of you guys don't have a clue. It's just been 3 years. Fisher took over this team when it was absolutely terrible probably the worst team in the NFL. Already has more wins in three years than the other coaches had in five years. He loses his starting quarterback in preseason not to mention Chris Long and Tremaine Johnson for most of the season and still wins six games with Hill and Davis?? In the toughest division.. What did you expect a Super Bowl win?? WTF.

Preach it my friend what I have been trying to convey the whole time. :agree:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you man. Glad you have some sense. Yeah let's cut have the roster and the coaching staff and start all over again.. Yeah I'm sure that would work out great next year.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you man. Glad you have some sense. Yeah let's cut have the roster and the coaching staff and start all over again.. Yeah I'm sure that would work out great next year.

you're in denial dude! :yahoo:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else said just keep hitting the reset button year after year surely we get a winner sooner or later. :L

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but I feel you and the Coug are in the minority! Winning 6 or 7 games a year is an improvement, but not much, especially if we supposedly have all this talent? Fisher was lucky in the Music City Miracle and should have never made it to the Super Bowl, he has been average at best his whole career, in 20 years or whatever, he has had like 3 good years, almost anyone who has been around that long should have at least three good years, if not many more than that, if you have somehow stuck around that long!

He continually makes bad decisions, whether it's coaching moves, or who starts and who doesn't!.

I wouldn't put it past him to waste a challenge on the coin toss one of these games!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I feel you and the Coug are in the minority! Winning 6 or 7 games a year is an improvement, but not much, especially if we supposedly have all this talent? Fisher was lucky in the Music City Miracle and should have never made it to the Super Bowl, he has been average at best his whole career, in 20 years or whatever, he has had like 3 good years, almost anyone who has been around that long should have at least three good years, if not many more than that, if you have somehow stuck around that long!

He continually makes bad decisions, whether it's coaching moves, or who starts and who doesn't!.

I wouldn't put it past him to waste a challenge on the coin toss one of these games!

Without a doubt. Am in the minority but only here.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly thought after we lost our first game of the season this year that we would go 0-16 looking at our schedule I couldn't see a win. It's a credit to Fisher and the staff that these players play extremely hard for him. I'm not saying that's it's perfect the stupid penalties drive me crazy but you have to understand some of these guys are beyond dumb and make a lot of money and I don't think that would change no matter who the coach was. That's hard to coach but Fisher is trying to weed them out cutting Ray Ray Armstrong to set an example.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the cuts most are suggesting are overpaid, overaged dead weight at this point, so no problems there. Wells, Long, etc. Joseph isn't under contract, so that one's easy. Langford could be another cut, as he is now overpaid for a rotational DT, but I have no problem if they decide to keep him. Bradford at $16M is a tough sell, given all his injuries and lackluster performance, but it's clear they would like him back at a better number.

Schotty is a tough call as well. Continuity is usually a plus, but how long can the Rams let their offensive "weopons", especially Austin who cost a lot of draft capital, be underutilized?

It will be an interesting and potentially eventful offseason.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could easily say the Rams were lucky to hang on and win that Super Bowl. You act like the Rams blew them out. Really bad coaching because he thought Hill gave him the best chance of winning over your boy Davis? Davis and Hill are equal they're both backup quarterbacks. Our record is still the same with Davis starting those games

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could easily say the Rams were lucky to hang on and win that Super Bowl. You act like the Rams blew them out. Really bad coaching because he thought Hill gave him the best chance of winning over your boy Davis? Davis and Hill are equal they're both backup quarterbacks. Our record is still the same with Davis starting those games

This I agree with. Davis is average at best. Can be good for a few games but is exposed when playing more than he should. You get a few good games out of both.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that so many had higher expectations for this team this year, given that they were working solely with back-up QBs since week 1. There aren't many examples of a typical backup QB playing all season and leading their team to a winning record, especially in arguably the toughest division in the league.

The team is frustrating beyond that, of course. The defense was awful early on, but once Williams' defense became more second nature, that learning curve was done. Most of the frustration has been on the offense, led by two backup QBs and some very questionable OL starting decisions (awfully tough to understand sticking with Wells and Joseph).

Not many projected this Rams team to be above .500 even before Bradford's injury. That they were within a few bad plays of being .500, given the backup QB and OL play is almost surprising.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that so many had higher expectations for this team this year, given that they were working solely with back-up QBs since week 1. There aren't many examples of a typical backup QB playing all season and leading their team to a winning record, especially in arguably the toughest division in the league.

The team is frustrating beyond that, of course. The defense was awful early on, but once Williams' defense became more second nature, that learning curve was done. Most of the frustration has been on the offense, led by two backup QBs and some very questionable OL starting decisions (awfully tough to understand sticking with Wells and Joseph).

Not many projected this Rams team to be above .500 even before Bradford's injury. That they were within a few bad plays of being .500, given the backup QB and OL play is almost surprising.

I agree with most of that shop. let me say this about the starting Wells situation. I don't think Tim Barnes would've helped us win anymore games. Yes the bad snaps from Wells hurt us but I'm sure there was a reason unknown to us why Barns wasn't playing. ( not a fisher conspiracy gez) Wells was once a stud. no hes not that anymore but how does Fisher know he is going to have a couple bad snaps like that. And Fisher called him out after that game big time. Barrett Jones... I didn't like this pick to begin with. I watched him get destroyed in the bowl game that year. His upper body strength was nowhere near what it needed to be to play in the NFL that's why he sat. Then he had a foot injury or something. He had all of off season last year to get stronger. I really don't expect him to be on the team next year.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never ever said anywhere that the Rams blew them out, where are you getting that? I said that Tennessee never should have one the "music City Miracle " game, thus they should have never even been in the Super Bowl. Davis and Hill aren't equal and you're blind to that fact, Davis lead the Rams on many more long sustained drives than Hill ever did. Davis put up 2 TD's in the two games that he and Hill had in common. The defense played great when Hill took over and constantly gave the offense great field position, which Hill did nothing with. Those are the facts, you can deny them or pretend it's not true, but the proof is right there! And I think we win the SD game with Davis in there, one more win is one more win. And your boy Bradford would not have changed our record either, you might think so, but he has never ever shown any come back abilities, and that proof is also there!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with. Davis is average at best. Can be good for a few games but is exposed when playing more than he should. You get a few good games out of both.

Exactly.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? Ditto that for our so called starting QB, Bradford!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never ever said anywhere that the Rams blew them out, where are you getting that? I said that Tennessee never should have one the "music City Miracle " game, thus they should have never even been in the Super Bowl. Davis and Hill aren't equal and you're blind to that fact, Davis lead the Rams on many more long sustained drives than Hill ever did. Davis put up 2 TD's in the two games that he and Hill had in common. The defense played great when Hill took over and constantly gave the offense great field position, which Hill did nothing with. Those are the facts, you can deny them or pretend it's not true, but the proof is right there! And I think we win the SD game with Davis in there, one more win is one more win. And your boy Bradford would not have changed our record either, you might think so, but he has never ever shown any come back abilities, and that proof is also there!

Those stats don't tell the whole story though. Once the defense made adjustments like in the Arizona game Davis looked like a scared little kid pissing his pants. Fisher knew this and made the switch. I'm not saying Hill is any better I think they're pretty much equal. Hill does somethings better that you would expect a Vetern to do and Davis has youth on his side. I would actually choose Davis next year as a back up Over Hill he has more upside.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right so you're not going to give Fisher any credit for one of the greatest trick plays in NFL history. Of course not. Then they play one of the best teams in NFL history the Rams in the Super Bowl and almost win as a 14 point underdog I believe.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right so you're not going to give Fisher any credit for one of the greatest trick plays in NFL history. Of course not. Then they play one of the best teams in NFL history the Rams in the Super Bowl and almost win as a 14 point underdog I believe.

No I'm not, that was pure luck, and as far as I'm concerned, which obviously means nothing here, that was a illegal forward pass, I still don't see how they got that wrong?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not, that was pure luck, and as far as I'm concerned, which obviously means nothing here, that was a illegal forward pass, I still don't see how they got that wrong?

Pure luck? You could say that about any trick play. Come on man that was a great play the other coach on the other team got schooled.