• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam update Finally!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea SJ76. Everytime I saw Sammie standing on the sideline at a number of games, he was always chewing on sunflower seeds and spitting out the shells. We paid how much for that?

I would feel bad for him if he wasn't counting against our cap every year. And I'm so used to seeing him on the sideline that if I try to be positive, it makes me feel like I'm insane and have mental problems. :gaah:

Never wanted him. The guy was hurt his entire senior year at Oklahoma.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of. Michael Sam is officially out of football and spending a lot of time mooching off of Oprah. Sheds some pretty damaging light on Fisher who, appearing to be board with the three picks in the seventh round we had in last year's draft, jumps up and out of the blue after the second of three picks states: "Let's go get Sam."

That whole visual doesn't bode well for Fisher and some of his ridiculousness when it comes to personnel decisions and draft selections.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea SJ76. If I remember correctly, we had all of these discussions so many times since we drafted the dude, you are right on when you state this really is a groundhog day experience.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was definitely a distraction. Not that it mattered after we lose our QB again... But I didn't care for it.

Maybe fisher is going thru menopause and got emotional. But still, find a diamond in the rough. Maybe a sleeper Olineman?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea do something besides throw away three seventh round picks. You can find a lot of good players in the seventh round. Hell, Deacon Jones was selected in the 12th round back-in-the-day when they had 14 rounds.

There are a lot of good players that have been selected in the seventh round but not Fisher. He's busy getting squirrley because of what? Boredom?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I have noticed some things about fisher.

His teams will come out some games and punch hard, and win a few games against good teams.
And his teams will not even show up.

He's had a young team since he got here and he's got a good defense now. He really hasn't a QB that has done a dam thing either. It's confusing really because the stupid flags and lack of offense has been so bad. Ugly really.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Fisher(yet again) say just a couple weeks ago that one of the biggest reasons he came to the Rams was specifically to work with Sam Bradford? Do we know for sure that Bradford is going to restructure his contract? The way Fisher is going so far, he might be ok with Bradford taking up so much of our cap.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher had a lot of draft picks and he thought a QB that could stand up for 16 games.

What's he gonna say? That he's coming to a joke of a team
And dog his young QB?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Fisher(yet again) say just a couple weeks ago that one of the biggest reasons he came to the Rams was specifically to work with Sam Bradford? Do we know for sure that Bradford is going to restructure his contract? The way Fisher is going so far, he might be ok with Bradford taking up so much of our cap.

Yes he did say that Sam influenced him, he chose St Louis over Miami and no we don't know for sure he will rework or not. In these interviews they never get into detail of contracts before they happen. They always tell you as little as possible. As far as Fisher being ok with his contract, you know they will ask him to take a cut and it all depends on what they offer him. This is what will determine on whether he stays or not. IMO if he really wants to stay/win, he has got to sign a incentive base(CAP friendly) deal so that this team can add players through free agency and begin future long term contracts with other stars. This is something that this team hasn't been able to do because of Sammy's rookie deal.

If Fisher allows Sammy to continue his mega $$ contract without even offering a new deal, well then this will be the main topic of future discussions on this website for a long time. How Fisher/Bradford are just plain greedy $$. Losing would be acceptable to them and Kreonke probably will allow it! :L

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did say that Sam influenced him, he chose St Louis over Miami and no we don't know for sure he will rework or not. In these interviews they never get into detail of contracts before they happen. They always tell you as little as possible. As far as Fisher being ok with his contract, you know they will ask him to take a cut and it all depends on what they offer him. This is what will determine on whether he stays or not. IMO if he really wants to stay/win, he has got to sign a incentive base(CAP friendly) deal so that this team can add players through free agency and begin future long term contracts with other stars. This is something that this team hasn't been able to do because of Sammy's rookie deal.

If Fisher allows Sammy to continue his mega $$ contract without even offering a new deal, well then this will be the main topic of future discussions on this website for a long time. How Fisher/Bradford are just plain greedy $$. Losing would be acceptable to them and Kreonke probably will allow it! :L

I agree Zeke. I think Fisher and the Rams will make Sam an offer. Fisher hinted about it yesterday I believe saying he thinks it would be best for both parties to restructure.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher has this dichotomous quality about him that SJ76 mentioned. His teams can be brilliant at times and completely unhinged at times like that ridiculous 7-yard play in a 4th and 35 situation at the end of the Seattle game. He lacks consistency is his decision-making at times and he comes off at other times as boneheaded and stubborn.

Some of his decisions appear to have no consistency, long-term, purpose-based, rationale behind them but more of a flippant, impulsive quality like the seventh round of last year's draft and the Michael Sam debacle and this whole notion of his reason for taking the St Louis job in the first place.

He wanted to work with a overrated, overpaid QB who was oft injured and struggling to a degree on a team that had bad talent and a sour chemistry in the locker room? Really? Again, some of the stuff this guy does appears almost schizophrenic at best. I am not sure he'll ever take a team to the next level with this behavioral mix.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is lucky in the sense he is getting a 4th year. All things considered. But seems to me it took a lot of courage for him or any other high profile coach to consider taking the job. There wasn't much to gain and everything to lose reputation wise. But isn't that the nature of a good coach try and fix what is broken. I wont try to get into his mind, to much I don't have the expertize for that. But I do know coaches like Bear Bryant and Chuck Knoll both took over horrific programs and both turned them around because they were given the time to do so. And know I am not putting Fisher in Bear or Chucks class. Not yet anyway. :suds:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher has this dichotomous quality about him that SJ76 mentioned. His teams can be brilliant at times and completely unhinged at times like that ridiculous 7-yard play in a 4th and 35 situation at the end of the Seattle game. He lacks consistency is his decision-making at times and he comes off at other times as boneheaded and stubborn.

Some of his decisions appear to have no consistency, long-term, purpose-based, rationale behind them but more of a flippant, impulsive quality like the seventh round of last year's draft and the Michael Sam debacle and this whole notion of his reason for taking the St Louis job in the first place.

He wanted to work with a overrated, overpaid QB who was oft injured and struggling to a degree on a team that had bad talent and a sour chemistry in the locker room? Really? Again, some of the stuff this guy does appears almost schizophrenic at best. I am not sure he'll ever take a team to the next level with this behavioral mix.

Retro, check this out! Good article on Fisher:

Jeff Fisher's Job Shouldn't Be Safe in St. Louis | Bleacher Report

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read Zeke and the numbers do not lie. This article is more evidence that indicates that Fisher's career is more about perception than reality. The drumbeat for his removal is beginning to be racheted upwards as his propensity for mediocrity is now looming large again and if Kroneke has more money than brains, than we will be stuck with this mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, I agree with that article 100%. Dude is avg at best and yet is among the top paid nfl coaches. I will be expecting a firing soon next season after we plummet to the toilet again.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously some of you guys don't have a clue. It's just been 3 years. Fisher took over this team when it was absolutely terrible probably the worst team in the NFL. Already has more wins in three years than the other coaches had in five years. He loses his starting quarterback in preseason not to mention Chris Long and Tremaine Johnson for most of the season and still wins six games with Hill and Davis?? In the toughest division.. What did you expect a Super Bowl win?? WTF.