• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Pittman to Arkansas

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, why not just keep Bert?

Losing Pittman was when it all started to go downhill for Bielema. The OL has been one of the worst in college football ever since. Pittman couldn't stand working for Bielema. One time he had a visit set up with a highly rated OL and Bielema apparently "forgot" about the visit and was on a vacation in the Bahamas with Jen when the recruit was visiting and the recruit was put off that he couldn't meet the head coach during the visit and ended up signing somewhere else. Pittman was pissed and I think that was the last straw for him. Alabama actually tried to hire him before Georgia did but we gave him a raise and were able to keep him.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas San Antonio with Frank Wilson... side note to Ed O, hire that man.

Mentioning that Texas San Antonio replaced their former SEC assistance with no coordinator experience but was known as a great recruiter with...........a SEC assistance with no coordinator experience known as a great recruiter

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not new thread worthy, but Matt Luke will be Pittman’s replacement at UGA. I like the hire.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per FootballScoop sounds like Chip Long, Major Applewhite and Kendal Briles are the frontrunners for Arkansas OC

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per FootballScoop sounds like Chip Long, Major Applewhite and Kendal Briles are the frontrunners for Arkansas OC
I’d go with Briles (if the SEC will ok his hire). You won’t be able to compete in pro-style offense and Briles learned the spread from one of the best.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d go with Briles (if the SEC will ok his hire). You won’t be able to compete in pro-style offense and Briles learned the spread from one of the best.

I tend to agree with this too but some of our fans have a hard on for Long since he comes from the Petrino coaching tree and think he would be the next best thing to bringing Bobby back :crazy:. I think he's a good coach too but his personality seems hard to get along with.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles it is.

Pittman may not work out but Briles/Odom is a gigantic upgrade from Craddock/Chavis

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles it is.

Pittman may not work out but Briles/Odom is a gigantic upgrade from Craddock/Chavis

great hires individually but I question the pace fit. DCs need to defend a ton of plays with Briles as their OC. Not sure if Odom can do it efficiently. That said the Arkansas offense will improve dramatically.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great hires individually but I question the pace fit. DCs need to defend a ton of plays with Briles as their OC. Not sure if Odom can do it efficiently. That said the Arkansas offense will improve dramatically.
Totally accurate. IIRC, Briles' dad even stated once he didn't care how many plays the defense was on the field because he wanted to score as quickly as possible. Don't know if they younger one has the same take or has toned it down a little.

Takes on a completely different DC mentality. Being on the field that much can drive some stat obsessed DCs up the wall.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally accurate. IIRC, Briles' dad even stated once he didn't care how many plays the defense was on the field because he wanted to score as quickly as possible. Don't know if they younger one has the same take or has toned it down a little.

Takes on a completely different DC mentality. Being on the field that much can drive some stat obsessed DCs up the wall.

When Heupel was Missouri's OC they ran a similar offense to Briles.

It didn't work out successfully but at least Odom has experience coaching a defense that defends a lot of plays. It may not be successful experience but it is experience nonetheless.