• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford trade to the Colts

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is pretty crazy, the contract doesn't make much sense to me......why would you pay him huge for his training wheels years, then very little for when he should be an actually productive player. Its like there's no upside for the team.

Its like one of those stupid NBA contracts where the shitty team drafts a guy very high, lets him learn on the job, then watches him leave after three years for a good team having given his original team nothing.

Isnt that the same with Desean Jackson and Chris Johnson they got more money up front then they got less as they years went on, thats why they were crying and holding out. Chris Johnson signed and got more money but in a couple of years it will be the same situation

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are cleaning house this off season and a new coach will jump to get Luck and get rid of a QB that he saw play already. There defense is already young and they have some talented guys but just like the Texans a DC change could make your defense a lot better.

The Colts do not have anything to lose, Peyton will be ready to play next year and Bradford could sit in watch for 2 season and they could have a new starting LT or WR and 1 or 2 first round picks. Nice deal for the Colts

no shit its a good deal for the colts thats the point...its a horrible deal for the rams

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading luck for bradford might go down as the worst trade in the history of the nfl

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that 17 mil is already counted towards the cap? doesn't seem to give a breakdown but i noticed the 'signing' bonus. was it like a roster bonus?

Yeah all of that 17 mill counted towards the cap this season.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so when orlovsky wins 3 in a row guess bradford can take his 17 mil and hit the road

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough position for the Colts... i mean let's take QB out of the equation who exactly would they target with their first pick?

Kalil, protect Peyton? I don't know how high they think of their current LT.

Claiborne? no way...

Blackmon? need to trade down IMO, but a big WR will be something different for Peyton.

Richardson? not sure he should go this high but definitely a playmaker to a weak position of theirs.

Damn, it's Luck or who?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the colts would be dumb not to take luck. nobody knows if peyton can hold up

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to think more about it, but looking it, there's no dynamite of a RB nor a WR worthy of #1 overall.... don't see a can't miss pass rusher.

So it's Kalil or Luck IMO.... frankly I think they need to go to Luck and play for the future.

Of course if they are offered a top 5-7 pick along with half the picks in the 2012 draft and maybe a first in 2013, then take that.