• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford trade to the Colts

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Rams end up with the 2nd pick in the draft and the Colts ends up with the 1st pick if you were the Colts would you trade the 1st overall pick to the Rams for Sam Bradford and two future first round picks along with the 2nd overal pick. Thats a total of 4 first round picks.

Rams get
1st overal pick (Luck)

Colts get
Bradford
2 first round picks
2nd pick in 2012 & draft Justin Blackmon or Matt Kalil pretty solid trade

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My assumption is that trading Bradford's contract will be nearly impossible......maybe it was a complicated contract that will allow the Rams to get out, but based on the size of the deal and his performance so far its hard to believe anyone would take him off their hands.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at first glance it looks like an easy call, but the Colts have to evaluate both Bradford and Luck.

if they agree with everybody else on Luck, then they'll conclude the gap is wide. as such you trade Peyton Manning for the best deal you can, it'll likely include one 1st round pick plus more. if Palmer can generate two 1st rounders, to me Manning will generate more. you then draft Luck.

if they evaluate Bradford as 'close enough' to Luck, you trade the #1 to St Louis.

start with the QB's first, not with more draft picks.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget. The raiders massively overpaid for carsucks palmer. No one was offering close to that. Of course, unlike manning, Carson is a piece of dog shit

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget. The raiders massively overpaid for carsucks palmer. No one was offering close to that. Of course, unlike manning, Carson is a piece of dog shit

While you're obviously right, the context makes the two situations completely different.

This idea is set up in the storyline of an off-season move, which means something like this would get a lot more thought and deliberation between front office folks.

The Palmer thing only happened because the Raiders just lost their starting QB while leading a division race. They had to make the Palmer move to still be alive today, otherwise they would have fallen into a losing streak like the Bears did. Plus, it might have only happened because Al Davis died... the Raiders were going for an "all-in, balls-to-the-wall" win one for Al theme.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the hell did this get any responses....the first time i read it i had to stop laughing.....so everyone thinks the rams will want to give up 2 1st rd picks,plus number 2 pick this year and bradford and all they get in return is a prospect that might be good or could be bad

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why the hell did this get any responses....the first time i read it i had to stop laughing.....so everyone thinks the rams will want to give up 2 1st rd picks,plus number 2 pick this year and bradford and all they get in return is a prospect that might be good or could be bad

well......YOU responded?

yeah, at first glance its a no brainer, but its not THAT one sided if say......the Rams already know Bradford isn't good? whether he doesn't have enough intangibles, too injured, or whatever combination thereof, they know he's not good? the Rams have already evaluated Bradford, whereas the Colts don't have the same 'privy'.

in this situation, what would you do? the cost is high but without a franchise QB, you'll languish for 10 years (we should know). get that QB now and build around him, beats building a team and then finding that QB.

looking at a 5 to 10 year span, not having two 1st rounders hurt, but not having a franchise QB hurts more.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assumption is that trading Bradford's contract will be nearly impossible......maybe it was a complicated contract that will allow the Rams to get out, but based on the size of the deal and his performance so far its hard to believe anyone would take him off their hands.

Sam Bradford - St. Louis Rams - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
Click on "view contract details"
This season was his last cap space eating year. (17 mill signing bonus)
2012 and beyond have very small gauranteed base salaries left. It is a super sweet deal from now on. He isn't making over 3 mill until the final year in 2015.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no way in hell that trade takes place

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well......YOU responded?

yeah, at first glance its a no brainer, but its not THAT one sided if say......the Rams already know Bradford isn't good? whether he doesn't have enough intangibles, too injured, or whatever combination thereof, they know he's not good? the Rams have already evaluated Bradford, whereas the Colts don't have the same 'privy'.

in this situation, what would you do? the cost is high but without a franchise QB, you'll languish for 10 years (we should know). get that QB now and build around him, beats building a team and then finding that QB.

looking at a 5 to 10 year span, not having two 1st rounders hurt, but not having a franchise QB hurts more.

i only responded to people thinking this is even plausible,they dont know bradford isnt any good...who does he have to throw do,how good is stl defense lol at anyone who thinks rams would do this deal

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I seriously doubt that could happen. I don't have specifics, but if Manning is there that is an outrageous amount of money invested in 1 position, especially if Manning plays a few more years as expected.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford - St. Louis Rams - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
Click on "view contract details"
This season was his last cap space eating year. (17 mill signing bonus)
2012 and beyond have very small gauranteed base salaries left. It is a super sweet deal from now on. He isn't making over 3 mill until the final year in 2015.

Holy shit ...

That is one cap friendly deal from here on out.. I think Alex Smith and McSuck in Minnesota, made more this year than Bradford will over the next three years

. 2011: $405,000 (+ $17.974 million "signing" bonus), 2012: $1.205 million, 2013: $2.005 million, 2014: $2.805 million, 2015: $3.605 million, 2016: Free Agent

Go Jaguars!!!! Keep the rights to Luck out of the Rams hands

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they take a huge cap hit by trading him? His signing bonus isn't spread over every year. It was front loaded and broken into parts the last part being the 2011 season.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is pretty crazy, the contract doesn't make much sense to me......why would you pay him huge for his training wheels years, then very little for when he should be an actually productive player. Its like there's no upside for the team.

Its like one of those stupid NBA contracts where the shitty team drafts a guy very high, lets him learn on the job, then watches him leave after three years for a good team having given his original team nothing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is pretty crazy, the contract doesn't make much sense to me......why would you pay him huge for his training wheels years, then very little for when he should be an actually productive player. Its like there's no upside for the team.

Its like one of those stupid NBA contracts where the shitty team drafts a guy very high, lets him learn on the job, then watches him leave after three years for a good team having given his original team nothing.

apparently, the Rams had more cap space to work with, so front loaded?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that 17 mil is already counted towards the cap? doesn't seem to give a breakdown but i noticed the 'signing' bonus. was it like a roster bonus?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
apparently, the Rams had more cap space to work with, so front loaded?

Probably a good point. I wouldn't have thought they were up against it, considering they haven't had any talent, but enough dumb contracts and suddenly you have some issues.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well......YOU responded?

Hurts like hell, look at the Niners, Seahawks and Cardinals, they all have a good defense and a young one at that non of there starting QB's from this year will be there in 2014

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i only responded to people thinking this is even plausible,they dont know bradford isnt any good...who does he have to throw do,how good is stl defense lol at anyone who thinks rams would do this deal

Rams are cleaning house this off season and a new coach will jump to get Luck and get rid of a QB that he saw play already. There defense is already young and they have some talented guys but just like the Texans a DC change could make your defense a lot better.

The Colts do not have anything to lose, Peyton will be ready to play next year and Bradford could sit in watch for 2 season and they could have a new starting LT or WR and 1 or 2 first round picks. Nice deal for the Colts