• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam Bradford to sit Friday night?

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea or bad idea? I think he needs to be out on the field as much as he can. He hasn't played in a real game in quite some time and in my opinion, could hurt his confidence as far as the knee is concerned if he isn't. :noidea:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he's going to sit. He's like a delicate piece of china. We pay him all this money to hand the ball off 50% of the time this upcoming season and just be a mediocre QB is all Rams management is asking him to be. Of course he's going to sit because he's used to it. Does it every time he has to urinate.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red, I think it's a wise decision.

Whether you are in his camp or not, we know what he can do and 4 tune up games is way more than he should need at this point of his career.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it doesn't really matter. He's only going to get a snap here and there anyways. I think he'll play 2nd and 3rd game and sit the 4th. Thats what I would do anyway

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting QBs typically only play the first series in the first preseason game anyway (maybe the 2nd series if the first is short). He's coming off injury, no need to push it.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him playing a possession but that's about it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our back up QB lead us to a victory over the Saints last year.

Let him sit and watch.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see alot of Austin Davis and Garrett Gilbert. The latter is taking alot of snaps with the second team in practice.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good. Coming off the injury and with some of the rule changes. Also lets the O-line play loose IMO. :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he's going to sit. He's like a delicate piece of china. We pay him all this money to hand the ball off 50% of the time this upcoming season and just be a mediocre QB is all Rams management is asking him to be. Of course he's going to sit because he's used to it. Does it every time he has to urinate.

Our back up QB lead us to a victory over the Saints last year.

Let him sit and watch.

Imagine if those who support Sam as our starting QB this year 'trumped' him up as much as you detractors want to tear him down at every turn.

Geez guys, do you ever fail to seize an opportunity to hate? :noidea:

It's every freaking chance yous guys get!!!!!!! :wtf2: :lame: :gaah:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support the Rans after all their dumb bullshit.

And it's a fact we won with no Sam last versus a good team in the Saints.

Sure I want Sam to be healthy and play well. Being safe is smart. It is what it is vita - I get you want everybody to be positive but some of us are a little frustrated and there's nothing bad about stating the truth. If all of us went Mr. Rogers on here would be a lot of fun would it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching football a long time and I've never seen a starting QB sit out the entire first preseason game unless he was injured. I think it's a bad Idea. He takes half a season to warm up as it is. :noidea:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if those who support Sam as our starting QB this year 'trumped' him up as much as you detractors want to tear him down at every turn.

Geez guys, do you ever fail to seize an opportunity to hate? :noidea:

It's every freaking chance yous guys get!!!!!!! :wtf2: :lame: :gaah:

There's no hate. I am a Rams fan first and foremost before I am a Bradford fan. And from Bradford's body of work I've formed my opinion of him. You are entitled to yours Vita, don't criticize others if they see it differently than you. In making an educated guess, there is more evidence to support SJ's and my opinion than there is yours. Let's not get into this again because its just going to be the same old thing. You have your opinion and we respect it. We have ours---respect that will you.

As I've stated in previous posts, if Bradford becomes the QB he is supposed to be--warranting performance of the first pick in the draft, I will gladly admit I was wrong and be at the bus stop waiting to jump on the Bradford bandwagon.

Problem is, and I understand the mentality, that the fans are so starved for a winner that they lose objectivity and just pray to the "Football Gods" as someone has said, that Bradford will mature and become something more than mediocre. At the risk of being redundant, I'm hoping for the same thing. Just objectively speaking, I don't see it. As a matter of fact I predict the same old "soil his linen under pressure" Bradford. I fully expect this to be his final and defining season in St. Louis. That's my opinion. Agree with it or not, all I ask is you respect it. I notice you get all uppity when someone wants to disrespect you Vita. But it works both ways. You want respect, then show some respect.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so where's the link that confirms this?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think vita just wants some positive vibes and I get that. Nobody likes a Debbie. But nobody like to watch a consistent ass beaten either. And not just an ass beaten, but more of a scaardy cat ass beaten.

We all want a competitive QB that goes down swingin if he goes down. Hell even Clemens had fire. I guess I'm old school and like that gun slingin Favre like sob.

That's what I'm sayin ;)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no hate. I am a Rams fan first and foremost before I am a Bradford fan. And from Bradford's body of work I've formed my opinion of him. You are entitled to yours Vita, don't criticize others if they see it differently than you. In making an educated guess, there is more evidence to support SJ's and my opinion than there is yours. Let's not get into this again because its just going to be the same old thing. You have your opinion and we respect it. We have ours---respect that will you.

As I've stated in previous posts, if Bradford becomes the QB he is supposed to be--warranting performance of the first pick in the draft, I will gladly admit I was wrong and be at the bus stop waiting to jump on the Bradford bandwagon.

Problem is, and I understand the mentality, that the fans are so starved for a winner that they lose objectivity and just pray to the "Football Gods" as someone has said, that Bradford will mature and become something more than mediocre. At the risk of being redundant, I'm hoping for the same thing. Just objectively speaking, I don't see it. As a matter of fact I predict the same old "soil his linen under pressure" Bradford. I fully expect this to be his final and defining season in St. Louis. That's my opinion. Agree with it or not, all I ask is you respect it. I notice you get all uppity when someone wants to disrespect you Vita. But it works both ways. You want respect, then show some respect.
Now let's not confuse opinions with insults. You're a smart guy, so you gotta know there is a big difference between an opinion and an insult. I believe an opinion is a statement of your (subjective) thoughts about something, an insult is a statement (or action) which causes offense or make someone feels degraded. In this case Sam Bradford and anyone who supports the Rams QB or in my opinion, anyone who supports the Rams...

Regarding last statement on disrespect, I can't ever think of a time here on the hoop where I personally have felt disrespected, so I have no idea what or when you are talking about me getting all 'uppity'.

I do find it peculiar that you think I should 'respect' your opinions or insults as I see them, let's just call them 'thoughts' when in fact you have no respect at all for those involved in your thoughts in turn.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Up or Shut Up!

<<-------------------- As some of you may have noticed... For some time now, I too am looking for a high level of play from our starting QB.

I think vita just wants some positive vibes and I get that. Nobody likes a Debbie. But nobody like to watch a consistent ass beaten either. And not just an ass beaten, but more of a scaardy cat ass beaten.

We all want a competitive QB that goes down swingin if he goes down. Hell even Clemens had fire. I guess I'm old school and like that gun slingin Favre like sob.

That's what I'm sayin ;)
Yes Clemens did, and I liked that about him however he didn't have enough of the other traits needed to be the Rams F/T starting QB. There is always give and take with everyone.

Like you though, there's certain traits I'd like to see from Sam that we probably will never get but I guess I feel we could all work on the man in the mirror much in the same regard.

Look guys.... He's either gonna cut it or be on another squad next year.

It's as simple as that.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing him for 1 series will help him more than sitting him! He needs to see the speed of the game before the season starts as much as possible!

When they sit starters like this, this tells me that they are not quite satisfied with someone or something. By now most teams are clicking and most coaches want to turn them loose. I agree with Boss, SJ, and Brother Bunc. LET EM PLAY! Hell, all he has to do is hand off the dam ball!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they should scrap preseason altogether, to much chance for injury. But I understand why they have it. I have no problem sitting any starter in a preseason game. I also am sick of the constant hate speech and insults about our team and differing opinions. And I don't buy any of the excuses. But its accepted so I ignore it. I agree with Vita wholeheartedly on that one. This board as a whole is better than that nonsense. IMO. :suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher Reveals Gameplan for Preseason Opener

By the way, the Rams will also sit Jake Long...

We got assurances that Sam Bradford (likely) and Jake Long (assuredly) won't play on Friday. We learned that he's eager to get game reps for a lot of the rookies who aren't getting a ton of front-loaded time in practice. And we learned about the Rams' gameplan for Friday...which happens to be no plan at all.
Fisher Reveals Gameplan for Preseason Opener Is...No Plan At All - Turf Show Times