• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saddest song ever

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myself I think Radiohead is the best band of our generation. As far as refuse to tour?.....I've seen them 5 times I think.

What I love, love about Radiohead is, they had everything down to being just a one hit wonder with Creep. A somewhat gimmicky name with a gimmicky song. And then they go and say fuck that, here is The Bends which is incredible and then they say, well if you thought that was good, you just wait. Boom, Ok Computer, then is fuck you, here is Kid A and now Amnesiac deal with it.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Pink Floyd's Final Cut a listen, maybe more depressing than sad. The whole album is incredible, better than the Wall.

Another good Pink Floyd joy tune is When the Tigers Broke Free.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give Pink Floyd's Final Cut a listen, maybe more depressing than sad. The whole album is incredible, better than the Wall.

Another good Pink Floyd joy tune is When the Tigers Broke Free.

I love the Final Cut, and never understood why critics didn't?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Radiohead, but they have to be one of the most overrated bands ever.

I can't help but bite. How are they overrated and by who? IMO Bends is one of the greatest albums ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can't even find a version on youtube (other than about 400 covers), but if you're talking Floyd I'd have to say Nobody Home from The Wall is pretty damn depressing......and stunning.

I still take The Wall > Final Cut as far as all-but-Waters-solo-projects go, I think its just a majestic work of art. Seems like people don't like it as much these days though.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bulletproof crossed my mind.

From that album, not so much a depressing song as discouraging.....but Nice Dream is in my top-5 songs ever.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'm done. The thread is a little more complete now. Think most would agree with my picks.

I was shocked to see none of them on that top 25 list link someone posted on the first page.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig em too, and as stated above, I have all their cds and the bends is my favorite of the bunch.

I just don't think they're the greatest ever, and I wouldn't pay 75 bucks to see em. Just a matter of opinion, but I just don't think they are as legendary as everyone thinks they are, and I'd probably take the Pixies over em' in a a toe to toe, if you will?

It's just my opinion. All the music snobs need not get all sticky over it. :happy:

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Final Cut, and never understood why critics didn't?

I know it. The way I always viewed was. The Wall was the Steak of the meal, and is a damn good steak, but not the best ever. Then the Final Cut is the potato and broccoli and that shit is amazing, the sides were actually better than the entree. Not Now John, Fletcher Memorial, Get Your Filthy Hands of My Desert, all fucking awesome. Hell the Post War Dream, that's a pretty depressing song to start's things off. "And it can't be much fun for them, beneath the rising sun, with all their kids committing suicide".

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig em too, and as stated above, I have all their cds and the bends is my favorite of the bunch.

I just don't think they're the greatest ever, and I wouldn't pay 75 bucks to see em. Just a matter of opinion, but I just don't think they are as legendary as everyone thinks they are, and I'd probably take the Pixies over em' in a a toe to toe, if you will?

It's just my opinion. All the music snobs need not get all sticky over it. :happy:

Makes sense.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how some would feel they are overrated, especially with albums like Kid A, Amnesiac and the last one (did not enjoy), but they can make some of the best damn music ever heard. The problem is bands from England like the Stone Roses, Manic Street Preachers (by the way, they could fill this thread by songs just from them), and the Smiths (them too) don't get enough recognition.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil was bad motherfucker