• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban proposes 14 new rules for college football

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing that Nick Saban has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's how much he cares about the health of his players. The guy gives out medical redshirts like a grandma of fifteen gives out birthday cards. He's just so nice. In fact, Saban just might be the nicest guy in all of sports. Do any of y'all doubt tha Nick Saban has the best interests of the sport in mind when he endorses new timing rules and works to ensure that they get secretly passed?
I mean, do y'all really think Nick Saban would do anything to get an advantage for his own team while simultaneously hurting another team that he's playing against?
Of course not!
Yesterday Saban compared football concussions to smoking cigarettes. I say bravo to Nick Saban for connecting two completely unconnected things. Without Nick Saban standing steadfastly on the front lines of college football health, we were clearly heading towards an era where players smoked while playing football. Plainly, that's dangerous. Especially with sickle cell and HIV and syphilis to consider. Otherwise, those hurry up no huddle offenses want to trot out sickle cell syphilitic smoking HIV positive quarterbacks who they are trying to kill. AND RUN THE READ OPTION WITH THEM IN THE HOT SUN. Who's going to protect you from sickle cell syphilitic HIV positive smoking deaths on the football field?
Nick F'ing Saban, that's who.
Thanks to Outkick's spectacular relationship with Nick Saban, we were able to obtain 14 additional rules that Nick Saban has endorsed to make college football safer. I think we would all agree that these are necessary and proper rules and that we're all very fortunate that Nick Saban has the best interests of the game in mind.
14 proposed Nick Saban safety rules for college football.
1. Auburn may no longer play college football.
This may seem unfair, but think of all the injuries that have occurred in the Iron Bowl.
Why put player safety at stake with another football game?
Instead, Alabama will play Samford each year in a newly rechristened "Alabama Dominates Bowl." (In order to ensure that Alabama beats Samford each year, Gus Malzahn may not coach Samford.)
In fact, just to be safe...
2. Gus Malzahn may not coach football anywhere.
Including high school, pee wee, and certain video games that simulate championships.
3. Only four and five star recruits can play on the field.
If you are not a four or five star recruit, then you are ineligible. Because, let's be honest, two and three star players only exist to injure the players who are actually good. If you do not have enough four or five star players then you may only play with the four or five star players you have on your roster. If it seems unfair to take the field with only three or four players, you are wrong. If you have no four or five star players at all, then Alabama will play three games against you.
And by "play three games against you," we actually mean, "start the season with three victories."
4. The SEC will move to nine conference games, but Alabama will play Kentucky six times each season.
Don't worry, guys, half of these games will be in Alabama and half will be in Lexington. This will keep those contests fair.
Meanwhile, LSU will play South Carolina twice, Florida twice, and Georgia twice. All on the road.
This may seem unfair, but that's only because you aren't thinking about what's in college football's best interest, which is clearly Alabama winning every game.
5. No field goal attempt may be returned for a touchdown.
Because those plays are dangerous, in that they require unathletic fat men to try and tackle athletic skinny men.
6. All teams must huddle on offense.
If you refuse to huddle, you receive a five yard penalty. If you continue to refuse to huddle on three consecutive plays then you are decapitated at midfield by a linebacker of Nick Saban's choosing.
7. Alabama players may sell their uniforms and gear after each game.
No other teams may sell their uniforms and gear after each game.
If this seems like a double standard, that's because it's twice as fair.
8. It is permissible for coaches to stand on stools on the sideline to see over the line of scrimmage.
If you do not have a stool, then one will be provided for you.
9. Repeat after me: 12 games of regular season football in a hurry up no huddle offense = a death wish.
Fifteen games of football in a smashmouth physically imposing style = a light Swedish massage.
If this seems confusing to you it's because you're a Tennessee fan.
10. No team wearing crimson may be called for holding.
My bad, that's already in the SEC officiating handbook.
11. When running a read option, mobile quarterbacks are not allowed to hand off to running backs.
This confuses the defense.
Confusion is bad for the game of football.
Do we really want one team winning because the other team is confused? Are we playing football or chess?
12. When Bret Bielema is fired from Arkansas, he is guaranteed a job at my Mercedes Benz dealership.
When Bret Bielema is fired at my Mercedes Benz dealership, he is is guaranteed a job cleaning my lakehouse.
When Bret Bielema is fired from his job cleaning my lakehouse, he will receive the Samford head coaching job for life.
13. The NCAA rulebook does not apply to Lane Kiffin.
In fact, any penalty that Lane Kiffin incurs will be assessed to Bruce Pearl, who is currently facing a 48 year show cause penalty for "Not saying, 'God bless you,' when an NCAA agent sneezed."
14. Regardless of the outcome of the season, Alabama is awarded the national championship.
This has always been true, but we figure it's time to go ahead and codify this rule for posterity's sake.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...n-proposes-new-rules-for-college-football.php

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:badmin:

But it's ok. It was posted in another thread.

I thought it was thread worthy. But didn't want to hurt any more feelings, for that I thank you for posting this...

:suds:

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the double post.

I'm a huge Alabama fan. I attended my first Bama game vs Auburn when Joe Willie was quarterback. But I can see the humor in this, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They left off the 15th rule...Opposing teams must tell Bama's defensive coordinator what play they are going to run so appropriate defensive substitutions can be made to ensure the play fails.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They left off the 15th rule...Opposing teams must tell Bama's defensive coordinator what play they are going to run so appropriate defensive substitutions can be made to ensure the play fails.

And give them ten minutes to hash out exactly how it should be defended before you're allowed to snap the ball.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin are in "no hurry" to name a starting quarterback. They are going to wait 10 seconds. "

@AUGrad1997

This guy is awesome!

I think it may be WildTurkey

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin are in "no hurry" to name a starting quarterback. They are going to wait 10 seconds. "

@AUGrad1997

This guy is awesome!

I think it may be WildTurkey

No but I do know him and Eagle5 but most of his stuff stays pretty private. Check out Rob Pate former Auburn player (and my eye doctor) his tweets have been the best.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing that Nick Saban has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, it's how much he cares about the health of his players. The guy gives out medical redshirts like a grandma of fifteen gives out birthday cards. He's just so nice. In fact, Saban just might be the nicest guy in all of sports. Do any of y'all doubt tha Nick Saban has the best interests of the sport in mind when he endorses new timing rules and works to ensure that they get secretly passed?
I mean, do y'all really think Nick Saban would do anything to get an advantage for his own team while simultaneously hurting another team that he's playing against?
Of course not!
Yesterday Saban compared football concussions to smoking cigarettes. I say bravo to Nick Saban for connecting two completely unconnected things. Without Nick Saban standing steadfastly on the front lines of college football health, we were clearly heading towards an era where players smoked while playing football. Plainly, that's dangerous. Especially with sickle cell and HIV and syphilis to consider. Otherwise, those hurry up no huddle offenses want to trot out sickle cell syphilitic smoking HIV positive quarterbacks who they are trying to kill. AND RUN THE READ OPTION WITH THEM IN THE HOT SUN. Who's going to protect you from sickle cell syphilitic HIV positive smoking deaths on the football field?
Nick F'ing Saban, that's who.
Thanks to Outkick's spectacular relationship with Nick Saban, we were able to obtain 14 additional rules that Nick Saban has endorsed to make college football safer. I think we would all agree that these are necessary and proper rules and that we're all very fortunate that Nick Saban has the best interests of the game in mind.
14 proposed Nick Saban safety rules for college football.
1. Auburn may no longer play college football.
This may seem unfair, but think of all the injuries that have occurred in the Iron Bowl.
Why put player safety at stake with another football game?
Instead, Alabama will play Samford each year in a newly rechristened "Alabama Dominates Bowl." (In order to ensure that Alabama beats Samford each year, Gus Malzahn may not coach Samford.)
In fact, just to be safe...
2. Gus Malzahn may not coach football anywhere.
Including high school, pee wee, and certain video games that simulate championships.
3. Only four and five star recruits can play on the field.
If you are not a four or five star recruit, then you are ineligible. Because, let's be honest, two and three star players only exist to injure the players who are actually good. If you do not have enough four or five star players then you may only play with the four or five star players you have on your roster. If it seems unfair to take the field with only three or four players, you are wrong. If you have no four or five star players at all, then Alabama will play three games against you.
And by "play three games against you," we actually mean, "start the season with three victories."
4. The SEC will move to nine conference games, but Alabama will play Kentucky six times each season.
Don't worry, guys, half of these games will be in Alabama and half will be in Lexington. This will keep those contests fair.
Meanwhile, LSU will play South Carolina twice, Florida twice, and Georgia twice. All on the road.
This may seem unfair, but that's only because you aren't thinking about what's in college football's best interest, which is clearly Alabama winning every game.
5. No field goal attempt may be returned for a touchdown.
Because those plays are dangerous, in that they require unathletic fat men to try and tackle athletic skinny men.
6. All teams must huddle on offense.
If you refuse to huddle, you receive a five yard penalty. If you continue to refuse to huddle on three consecutive plays then you are decapitated at midfield by a linebacker of Nick Saban's choosing.
7. Alabama players may sell their uniforms and gear after each game.
No other teams may sell their uniforms and gear after each game.
If this seems like a double standard, that's because it's twice as fair.
8. It is permissible for coaches to stand on stools on the sideline to see over the line of scrimmage.
If you do not have a stool, then one will be provided for you.
9. Repeat after me: 12 games of regular season football in a hurry up no huddle offense = a death wish.
Fifteen games of football in a smashmouth physically imposing style = a light Swedish massage.
If this seems confusing to you it's because you're a Tennessee fan.
10. No team wearing crimson may be called for holding.
My bad, that's already in the SEC officiating handbook.
11. When running a read option, mobile quarterbacks are not allowed to hand off to running backs.
This confuses the defense.
Confusion is bad for the game of football.
Do we really want one team winning because the other team is confused? Are we playing football or chess?
12. When Bret Bielema is fired from Arkansas, he is guaranteed a job at my Mercedes Benz dealership.
When Bret Bielema is fired at my Mercedes Benz dealership, he is is guaranteed a job cleaning my lakehouse.
When Bret Bielema is fired from his job cleaning my lakehouse, he will receive the Samford head coaching job for life.
13. The NCAA rulebook does not apply to Lane Kiffin.
In fact, any penalty that Lane Kiffin incurs will be assessed to Bruce Pearl, who is currently facing a 48 year show cause penalty for "Not saying, 'God bless you,' when an NCAA agent sneezed."
14. Regardless of the outcome of the season, Alabama is awarded the national championship.
This has always been true, but we figure it's time to go ahead and codify this rule for posterity's sake.

Nick Saban Proposes 14 New Rules For College Football : Outkick The Coverage

GHEY :L

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's at least one Bama fan who isn't fiercely defending Saban, no matter what he says???
There's hope for that fanbase, after all.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's at least one Bama fan who isn't fiercely defending Saban, no matter what he says???
There's hope for that fanbase, after all.

I cant speak for others, but I dont think any of us a fiercely defending him no matter what he says. What many of are doing is defending his right to his opinion and defencing our team if a poster is a complete moron and badmouths the team.

Assertions that Saban is scared of the HUHN are ridiculous and thats the type of bullshit many Bama posters are posting against.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant speak for others, but I dont think any of us a fiercely defending him no matter what he says. What many of are doing is defending his right to his opinion and defencing our team if a poster is a complete moron and badmouths the team.

Assertions that Saban is scared of the HUHN are ridiculous and thats the type of bullshit many Bama posters are posting against.

Fear is really the only motive that makes sense for him to be doing what he is doing.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ie: any poster who writes anything other than praise for Saban is "a complete moron and badmouths the team", even though they are only mentioning Saban.
Yeah, right.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ie: any poster who writes anything other than praise for Saban is "a complete moron and badmouths the team", even though they are only mentioning Saban.
Yeah, right.

You are the one who said that, I didn't. I stated that most of the Bama posters were defending Sabans right to speak his mind ( if a reporter questions him) and occasionally had to deal with morons that had over the top remarks like Saban being afraid to coach agaiinst HUHN offenses. If yoe feel that any poster fits that category then I will look forward to them blasting you, but that was not what I stated.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear is really the only motive that makes sense for him to be doing what he is doing.

Only to someone that wants to see it that way. I agreed with his assertion its hard for the refs to be in the right place if the offense is trying to lineup quickly. Now they can use an eighth ref, which is good. I see his points on number of plays and an obvious possible correlation to more injuries being possible. I alsos agree with his " speed of the game" comments, but I also dont like the huhn offense, doesnt mean I am scared of it. See its not the only motive that makes sense if you turn off the bias or hate blinders and look objectively.