• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saban as HC

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think that is the right strategy. I think dan does want to win. I just don't think he can help himself. I think he is a glorified jock sniffer. He falls in love with his toys and can't keep his hand off of them. I have very little faith in dan.

Don't care if he is a jock sniffer if it primarily means occasionally hanging out with star players & things along those lines. My only concern would be him trying to get involved in personnel & strategy decisions. He definitely did this to a huge degree several years ago. Not so sure about the current time with all of the rumors - hard to know who to believe. I am only saying give this a shot. It may work or be a disaster. Your conclusion is probably correct until we see proof to show otherwise (which will take a while).

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think jerry does want to win. I just don't think he can help himself. I think he is a glorified jock sniffer. He falls in love with his toys and can't keep his hand off of them. I have very little faith in jerry.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care if he is a jock sniffer if it primarily means occasionally hanging out with star players & things along those lines. My only concern would be him trying to get involved in personnel & strategy decisions. He definitely did this to a huge degree several years ago. Not so sure about the current time with all of the rumors - hard to know who to believe. I am only saying give this a shot. It may work or be a disaster. Your conclusion is probably correct until we see proof to show otherwise (which will take a while).

A great example is Jack Kent Cooke. Who was very much a celebrity and player hound, team fanboy and 100% dedicated to the Skins, but was always able to be hands off and remain away from football operations. He put people in place and then let them do their job.

The characteristics don't have to be mutually exclusive. It would be nice if Snyder could look to his predecessor and then take a good look in the mirror. He has the blueprint to be a successful NFL owner. Can he do it? Dunno, but still hoping.

I know what we can be and at least I've seen it within my lifetime. Still faithful after all these years.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your premise assumes that Snyder basically doesn't have a desire to win. He is certainly smart enough to realize that he cannot do this on his own. I don't see signs that he is like a Jerry Jones & wants to be the de facto GM. He may have meddled somewhat but doesn't want to coach & realizes that he was horrible when he was - sort of - the GM several years ago. So are you basically advocating not even trying to get a GM?

I dont think Dan wants to coach. But he does give off the vibe of too smart for his own good some times. Which is why it wont shock me if a GM is never even considered and if Dan once again takes a prominent role in player acquisition. He strikes me as many wealthy men who feel that nothing is beyond them in matters of business. And at the end of the day, he runs the team like another business.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Dan wants to coach. But he does give off the vibe of too smart for his own good some times. Which is why it wont shock me if a GM is never even considered and if Dan once again takes a prominent role in player acquisition. He strikes me as many wealthy men who feel that nothing is beyond them in matters of business. And at the end of the day, he runs the team like another business.

Not really sure about that. Until the last week or so many Redskins fans felt like Snyder had been hands-off for the last several years. At this time we are just not sure. Nobody can really say what he didn't or didn't do during the last several years since it is all driven by rumors & media hype. There is still the strong possibility that Shanahan is misrepresenting a lot of this. Who knows.

I really believe that Snyder knows that he is not a good football operations person, but perhaps sometimes he cannot resist. Given the results during his reign - you have to believe that he knows that he is incapable of running the whole show. Unfortunately - only time will tell. Oh well - it may be fun & tempting for us to throw out ideas, but in then end they mean nothing - they are only speculation. Would like to hit the fast forward button on this one.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure about that. Until the last week or so many Redskins fans felt like Snyder had been hands-off for the last several years. At this time we are just not sure. Nobody can really say what he didn't or didn't do during the last several years since it is all driven by rumors & media hype. There is still the strong possibility that Shanahan is misrepresenting a lot of this. Who knows.

I really believe that Snyder knows that he is not a good football operations person, but perhaps sometimes he cannot resist. Given the results during his reign - you have to believe that he knows that he is incapable of running the whole show. Unfortunately - only time will tell. Oh well - it may be fun & tempting for us to throw out ideas, but in then end they mean nothing - they are only speculation. Would like to hit the fast forward button on this one.

Jerry Jones, Al Davis.... two very smart men that just cant help themselves. Hell Jerry all but admitted it to a point. But he aint changing. I honestly feel that Shanahan wanted nothing to do with Haynesworth. I think Dan has been less front facing, but ever present in this whole thing. Some where in this more will come out. While part of me wishes we could just skip to the begining of March, part of me knows we have to go through the next two months.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones, Al Davis.... two very smart men that just cant help themselves. Hell Jerry all but admitted it to a point. But he aint changing. I honestly feel that Shanahan wanted nothing to do with Haynesworth. I think Dan has been less front facing, but ever present in this whole thing. Some where in this more will come out. While part of me wishes we could just skip to the begining of March, part of me knows we have to go through the next two months.

Those are two very different type of persons than Snyder. One huge difference between Jones & Snyder is that you will notice that Snyder rarely goes before the cameras whereas Jones seeks it out. Even with the latest fiasco you hardly even see any signs of Snyder. Jones also - as you alluded to - is very open about making player personnel decisions. Again - we have seen no signs of this from Snyder until the reports from the last week & we honestly don't know his role in any of this - it is pure speculation on our part.

Do yourself a favor - save for perhaps some good moments in the next three games if that occurs - just take a vacation from all of this. Focus on something else besides this sorry soap opera. Don't sweat it too much - life goes on.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think for the most part he has stayed out of team operations

but guys this guy owns the team and any team owner is going to have a role in what goes on

the skins would be better served if they went to the nfl assistant route and look at the roman's and zimmer's of the NFL world

also we have a guy named smith who is a "consultant " you could very well see allen promoted , smith assume the GM role and then smith go out and hire the coach with obvious input from snyder

for all we know maybe the issue isnt with Rg3 at all but the threat of smith in the background when it comes to player acquisitions and that is why shanny is upset