• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Tannehill doesn't know the NFL's divisions

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't all that shocked that he didn't know them or surprised that he got them wrong, BUT I will say I laughed when he got to the Chiefs. :doh:

Great googly-moogly.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After his ass gets sacked a bunch of times by the Texans front 7, he'll know about the AFC south then. :-)

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i was shocked when i watched him say that on Hard Knocks. Probably time he should learn them.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awhile back I thought I saw something one ESPN too with Colt Mccoy and he didnt know the divisions. When he was talking it sounded like he never really watches the NFL.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
An example of what I was talking about is Clay Matthews not knowing where Green Bay was when he was drafted. For me that's worse than this.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An example of what I was talking about is Clay Matthews not knowing where Green Bay was when he was drafted. For me that's worse than this.

When Karl Malone was drafted by the Utah Jazz, he said he looked forward to playing in the great city of Utah.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, it didn't make him any less of a football player. It just makes him sort of an idiot.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK... I think most die hard fans of various sports have a REAL good idea on the league and the teams that play in them. Maybe the rosters won't be easy to remember for some but honestly, this shouldn't even be a question IMO.

IDK, maybe I'm too obsessed with sports lol...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Martin admitted that he only watched a handful of football games in his lifetime.

That said, I don't like this. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but I don't get how you can want to be so good at something that you don't really understand (or even like?).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis Martin admitted that he only watched a handful of football games in his lifetime.

That said, I don't like this. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but I don't get how you can want to be so good at something that you don't really understand (or even like?).

I share your sense of disconnect with Tannehill on this. Thinking back to my 'playing days' for any sport obsession with the details was SOP. I know Tannehill has the spotlight with this issue now, but I am curious how many others don't know this type of information as well.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I talk to alot of players on the collegiate level and I think many people would be surprised at how little many of them know about the history, teams, player recognition, rules, and tradition compared to what they know about their particular position and the things they've been taught such as understanding different concepts, schemes, formations, techniques, etc.. It's a very large gap for many players.

If on one side you put the first things I mentioned: History, teams, player recognition, rules, tradition, etc. Then if you put the other things I mentioned such as concepts, schemes, formations, techniques, etc., and put them on the other side, in my opinion alot of players know much more about that second side because that's all they ever deal with and that's what's more important to them.

Probably the largest side, common fans, would probably hover somewhere in the middle of both sides as far as what they understand and pay attention to.

Many players, from what I have seen, fall more to the second side I mentioned because primarily that IS what football is to them. History, teams, player recognition, rules to a smaller degree and tradition isn't as big of a part to the game for them as it is to others and it's things that many of them have never been exposed to or had to be as important to them.

Many people who watch and/or cover the game are on the third side of it where they understand very little or next to nothing about the things most players deal with and know much more about any or all of the first things like history, teams, player recognition, rules, and/or tradition. As times go on people who cover the game have had to be much more well rounded as far as understanding both sides but there are still many who watch and cover that know little or nothing about the players side.