• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Leaf arrested on drug, burglary, theft charges

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally honestly, I'm surprised more high-profile busts don't end up really screwed up like this. Blowing the kind of talent he had, the kind of opportunity he had, the amounts of money he's lost......that's a lot of weight for anyone to carry for the rest of their life. Then in this case, really just ongoing public humiliation.......I feel nothing but bad for this guy. I understand people laughing and pointing fingers, but really it just sucks. He clearly has a lot of inner pain and a very weak mentality, not much to laugh about.

I feel bad for him too, but when you are breaking into friend's houses and ripping off their shit- that's despicable.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is, and you hope its his rock bottom. Obviously you have to be very forgiving to excuse behavior like this, but you have to understand that problems like Leaf has *cause* you to make bad decisions.

I have a sister who is an unbelievable alcoholic, and the thing is that these things just keep adding up.....just piling shame on top of humiliation on top of all kinds of other things, and the hole just gets deeper and deeper. They have problems to begin with, which makes them do dumb things, which make the problems worse, and so on and so on.

A very similar story to this one is with Todd Marinovich.....really has a lot of the same problems as Leaf, though he seems like a better guy. But guys who just seek oblivion 24 hours a day.