• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Ryan Newman Continue To Race After Daytona 500 Wreck?

TheWordIsOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the crash at the most recent Daytona 500, Ryan Newman was seriously injured. He was later pulled out of the hospital in normal condition. He said “It’s great to be alive”. The question is will he race again for his NASCAR fans? He recently made a solemn promise or vow to race again. I just think he decided to do this because of his fans and his reputation. He won a championship race back in 2008 and I don’t think he plans on retiring yet, despite it all being a miracle to survive that crash. NASCAR has not had a death like Dale Earnhardt’s crash back in 2001.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he will race again.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the crash at the most recent Daytona 500, Ryan Newman was seriously injured. He was later pulled out of the hospital in normal condition. He said “It’s great to be alive”. The question is will he race again for his NASCAR fans? He recently made a solemn promise or vow to race again. I just think he decided to do this because of his fans and his reputation. He won a championship race back in 2008 and I don’t think he plans on retiring yet, despite it all being a miracle to survive that crash. NASCAR has not had a death like Dale Earnhardt’s crash back in 2001.

If you look at the history of NASCAR most drivers who have had a serious crash like Newman had are never the same again if they race again, not that he was all that great to begin with. But I wish him well with whatever he decides to do.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the history of NASCAR most drivers who have had a serious crash like Newman had are never the same again if they race again, not that he was all that great to begin with. But I wish him well with whatever he decides to do.

Newman has had a solid career. He's been stuck with two teams in decline the last several years in RCR and Roush, but his career has been solid. Similar to Greg Biffle and Kasey Kahne, not hall of famers, but solid.

But guys like Petty and Earnhardt had serious crashes that resulted in serious injuries and they were able to come back strong, but I don't think they ever had a serious head injury. Steve Park went from looking prime for a breakout to not being able to keep a ride after his head injury.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman has had a solid career. He's been stuck with two teams in decline the last several years in RCR and Roush, but his career has been solid. Similar to Greg Biffle and Kasey Kahne, not hall of famers, but solid.

But guys like Petty and Earnhardt had serious crashes that resulted in serious injuries and they were able to come back strong, but I don't think they ever had a serious head injury. Steve Park went from looking prime for a breakout to not being able to keep a ride after his head injury.
I've always likened him to a Clint Bowyer. A guy that might win one or two races a year but usually got solid top 10 finishes every week.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always likened him to a Clint Bowyer. A guy that might win one or two races a year but usually got solid top 10 finishes every week.
I think Newman got a raw deal at SHR. He was definitely better than Danica and I’d take him over Almirola in the short run. Can’t blame em for taking Kurt Busch, but if someone had to go to make room for Harvick, it should have been Danica

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Newman got a raw deal at SHR. He was definitely better than Danica and I’d take him over Almirola in the short run. Can’t blame em for taking Kurt Busch, but if someone had to go to make room for Harvick, it should have been Danica
Agreed about Danica. That wasn’t about winning, that was more about marketability.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My friend, you know NASCAR wasn't about to get rid of Danica because she was a high ticket item when it came to marketing their sport and even though she couldn't win she brought money into SHR.