• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilsons last 4 games: an NFL first

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L We finally got Seattle "fans" to shut up. Making threads like this will only bring them out again. Oh well. It was a pleasant few months.

You should thank a Pats fan for this

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birthplace of one Ted Cruze, also an American citizen. Unlike him though, I was actually BORN in the States.

As a Canadian (non duel). Dear Gawd

Don't ever speak of this again

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even see where there is an argument. Every play that doesn't work is a bad play in hindsight. It's not like they foresaw a bad play and called it anyway.

Bad play call
Bad split second decision by Wilson
Bad outcome
Just bad all around.

Because in the chess match that is O vs D coordinators, there was a legit thought process that went into why they called that call.

In hindsight (and at the time before the play was called) I wanted them to roll Wilson out to either find a receiver or stroll into the endzone.

IN HINDSIGHT, if they'd called that, Wilson could've crawled into the endzone, because Butler sold out on the slant.

For that down and distance, and the two year struggles Seattle had had running in obvious running downs, a pass WAS the right call.

The other guys get paid too. Butler made a play.

I'll take that result over the '05 Superbowl, any day.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are out in full force after Wilsons last 4 games. That whole fan base went from the sky is falling to we are the best team in the NFL.

Holy hyperbole. You seem like a reasonable poster most of the time.

This is good grief material.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally irrelevant.

I saw the play over and over. It was two guys going after the ball. The guy who wanted it more won. To even make the argument that it was dpi is asinine.
Good point, a defensive player can go for the ball, but "he can't go through a offensive receiver to get the pick". That is why I stated earlier, had Lockette ran a better and faster route, then Butler would have had to run through Lockette and that would have been PI. IMO that was not the case, Butler made a great play.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in the chess match that is O vs D coordinators, there was a legit thought process that went into why they called that call.

In hindsight (and at the time before the play was called) I wanted them to roll Wilson out to either find a receiver or stroll into the endzone.

IN HINDSIGHT, if they'd called that, Wilson could've crawled into the endzone, because Butler sold out on the slant.

For that down and distance, and the two year struggles Seattle had had running in obvious running downs, a pass WAS the right call.

The other guys get paid too. Butler made a play.

I'll take that result over the '05 Superbowl, any day.

What he said.

FTR, everyone loves to focus on that one play while ignoring the fact that the best defense in football blew a 10 point lead.

Patriots defense made a great play. Browner did a great job shedding his block. Butler made a great jump on the play.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has been, and always will be better than Andrew Luck in every way shape and form.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hyperbole. You seem like a reasonable poster most of the time.

This is good grief material.
You left out the second part of my post. That was the reasonable part.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said.

FTR, everyone loves to focus on that one play while ignoring the fact that the best defense in football blew a 10 point lead.

Patriots defense made a great play. Browner did a great job shedding his block. Butler made a great jump on the play.
I totally agree with this.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You left out the second part of my post. That was the reasonable part.

Yeah, I left it out on purpose, because it has nothing to do with the assertion you made in the first part.

There's PLENTY of Seahawks posters who weren't slitting our wrists five weeks ago who also aren't now saying we're going to win the Superbowl like it's fated.

And c'mon now.

Six weeks ago, everybody and their dog (and plenty of Hawks fans!) had given up the season as a failure. Six weeks later, we've seen a stretch of games never seen before by a NFL QB, and that same QB's conventional wisdom criticisms suddenly become strengths, and we're not supposed to be encouraged and optimistic about that?

We get threads started in here if Brady has a good bowel movement.

A month long sublime stretch of something that our QB is supposed to be poor at (or at least average), and we're out of bounds for a little tiny bit of schadenfreude?

Meh.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I left it out on purpose, because it has nothing to do with the assertion you made in the first part.

There's PLENTY of Seahawks posters who weren't slitting our wrists five weeks ago who also aren't now saying we're going to win the Superbowl like it's fated.

And c'mon now.

Six weeks ago, everybody and their dog (and plenty of Hawks fans!) had given up the season as a failure. Six weeks later, we've seen a stretch of games never seen before by a NFL QB, and that same QB's conventional wisdom criticisms suddenly become strengths, and we're not supposed to be encouraged and optimistic about that?

We get threads started in here if Brady has a good bowel movement.

A month long sublime stretch of something that our QB is supposed to be poor at (or at least average), and we're out of bounds for a little tiny bit of schadenfreude?

Meh.
After the loss to the Cards I posted there is still a lot of season to go and the Seahawks are far from dead. Several hawks fans felt different.

Regardless, every fan base is full of alarmists. My post was certainly a "pile on" post. After all, we are rivals and I was sensing too much love between us. Had to break it up.

The funny thing is, when we face each other again, we may both have nothing to play for. If we were facing each other this week... Talk about drama.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, a defensive player can go for the ball, but "he can't go through a offensive receiver to get the pick". That is why I stated earlier, had Lockette ran a better and faster route, then Butler would have had to run through Lockette and that would have been PI. IMO that was not the case, Butler made a great play.

which he did.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't be more wrong. You would think since you are in the vast minority on this subject you might actually conceded.

I have to keep reminding myself stubborn conspiracy theory guy never quits.

The video disagrees with you. The facts disagree.

right now you're arguing the world is flat side of this argument.

It's ok, Im' used to it by now.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

football disagrees with you.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okey dokey :thumb:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God, did someone put together a flux capasitor and transport us all back to February?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, when we face each other again, we may both have nothing to play for. If we were facing each other this week... Talk about drama.

Hard to imagine a scenario in which the game will mean anything for either team. I would be very surprised to see the Seahawks lose either of their next two home games and the Cards will most likely win at least one of their next two and get the division crown.