• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson's agent says...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by "somewhere else?" -- Wilson is not a FA.

I know he isn't. Just wouldn't shock me if his agent was playing both sides and trying to work a deal

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok, so just throw the CBA out the window and make up new rules?

link the new CBA part where it says a player can not get a raise on their 2nd contract that is amended to the first and adds money to the last year of his rookie contract. There is no such part. Like i said this was from Ian Rapoport like in early May on NFL network. He would have said " under the new CBA this is not possible" but he did not say that. His words were ( or close to ) "The Hawks are trying to keep Russel Wilsons base Salary for 2015 the same and Wilson's agent is trying to get them to pay him more, around the same as the top QB's in the NFL." that isn't word for word but it seems you think i am making it up. Also i have read a lot of the salary stuff in the CBA so if you believe what you say is true then you had to have read it so link it please because i have not seen that and i am guessing neither has Ian. You do know who Ian Rapoport is right? The guy that seems to always get the "breaking news" before everyone else and reports it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
link the new CBA part where it says a player can not get a raise on their 2nd contract that is amended to the first and adds money to the last year of his rookie contract. There is no such part. Like i said this was from Ian Rapoport like in early May on NFL network. He would have said " under the new CBA this is not possible" but he did not say that. His words were ( or close to ) "The Hawks are trying to keep Russel Wilsons base Salary for 2015 the same and Wilson's agent is trying to get them to pay him more, around the same as the top QB's in the NFL." that isn't word for word but it seems you think i am making it up. Also i have read a lot of the salary stuff in the CBA so if you believe what you say is true then you had to have read it so link it please because i have not seen that and i am guessing neither has Ian. You do know who Ian Rapoport is right? The guy that seems to always get the "breaking news" before everyone else and reports it.
I dont think youre making it up. I just think maybe you misinterpreted or read into what you saw "tweeted" or whatever.

Your internet works just as good as mine, so I'll allow you to do your own CBA research. In short, here's how the 2011 CBA works:

if you're a 1st round pick, you have a 4 year deal with a club option for a 5th. If the team that drafted the player picks up the 5th year option by the deadline between season #3 and season #4, they can then also work an extension beyond the 5th year option. See Ryan Tannehill. If the club doesnt pick up the option, then the player is a UFA after season #4. See 2011 first round pick James Carpenter, now of the NY Jets.

If you're not a 1st round pick, you have a 4 year deal with no option for a 5th. However, your contract can be extended after just 3 seasons. It doesnt replace the final year on your rookie deal but it appends years to the back end. See Richard Sherman, who signed an extension a year ago but still had a $1.4M base salary last year.

If you can show me any contract worked under the current CBA for a player drafted since 2011 that refutes the above, and I'll gladly concede that I am jacked up.

Russell's "raise" in 2015 is going to come from whatever the up front guaranteed money (signing bonus) will be. He's certainly going to "make" a lot more than $1.5M this year, but that will be his base salary. Just like it was for Richard Sherman when he signed his.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he isn't. Just wouldn't shock me if his agent was playing both sides and trying to work a deal
Both sides of what?? You can't negotiate with another team when still under contract. Ever heard of tampering?