• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson's agent says...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the most recent QB deals, RW's agent is likely shooting for a $22M-$25M/year contract with close to $75M guaranteed. The contract will cripple us either way, so it's too bad we couldn't get another ring last year when it was right there for the taking.

22-25 million? No problem. He is worth every penny. What kind of a Debbie downer are you? You think the Seahawks should just let their franchise QB walk? Other teams are going to be paying the big bucks also for their franchise QB. So explain to me, how this cripples the Seahawks ? The two main contenders in the NFC are the Packers and Cowboy. Tony Romo cap hit are in the same neighborhood. Aaron Rogers are less, but not that far off. This isn't going to cripple the Seahawks. It's what every contender deals with. Ben Roethlisberger cap hit is about the same, Joe Flacco's cap hit is harder by a lot.
Since Russell Wilson isn't signing cheap, tell me what would you do if your JS?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22-25 million? No problem. He is worth every penny. What kind of a Debbie downer are you? You think the Seahawks should just let their franchise QB walk? Other teams are going to be paying the big bucks also for their franchise QB. So explain to me, how this cripples the Seahawks ? The two main contenders in the NFC are the Packers and Cowboy. Tony Romo cap hit are in the same neighborhood. Aaron Rogers are less, but not that far off. This isn't going to cripple the Seahawks. It's what every contender deals with. Ben Roethlisberger cap hit is about the same, Joe Flacco's cap hit is harder by a lot.

Harold, some people just like to bitch.
I have only noticed recently, but this poster seems to be a hoser.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say...six years, 122ish, $75M guaranteed, and most of that will be paid out in the next three years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, some people just like to bitch.
I have only noticed recently, but this poster seems to be a hoser.
Fake fan Uhspilt, that's what he is. Click on his profile and check out his posts. Judge for your self.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake fan Uhspilt, that's what he is. Click on his profile and check out his posts. Judge for your self.
No need for me to look. After reading 3 or 4 posts, it was easy to see.

Hey FF. A hint for ya. Don't be so one dimensional if you want to troll effectively. Mix it up! Compliment when it is foolish to bash. Then slip it in when we least expect it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was hoping for the 18-20mil range, but I believe a ways back I said it could take close to the 23 to 25 mil range if my memory serves me right. My memory sucks these days! Either way JS will lock up RW, franchise changing QB's don't fall off the tree's and this is a guy you have to keep if you want to stay in the SB hunt every year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for the 18-20mil range, but I believe a ways back I said it could take close to the 23 to 25 mil range if my memory serves me right. My memory sucks these days! Either way JS will lock up RW, franchise changing QB's don't fall off the tree's and this is a guy you have to keep if you want to stay in the SB hunt every year.
Exactly right. The cost of resigning a franchise QB is going up and up. All the contenders have the same problem, so no way is this crippling. It's just the cost of being a contender. I'm excited about the up coming season, I feel the Seahawks roster rocks. Really looking forward to it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. The cost of resigning a franchise QB is going up and up. All the contenders have the same problem, so no way is this crippling. It's just the cost of being a contender. I'm excited about the up coming season, I feel the Seahawks roster rocks. Really looking forward to it.

This could be the best roster constructed to date. Only time will tell but man this roster has awesome written all over it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on the same wave link here. I love this roster.

What I find amazing and mind blowing is that JS/PC were able to pull this off and the fact that they were able to keep the core players and sign them to new contracts and still be able to stay under the cap is unbelieveable. These guys would have easily been scooped up the first day of FA. Major props to the FO!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find amazing and mind blowing is that JS/PC were able to pull this off and the fact that they were able to keep the core players and sign them to new contracts and still be able to stay under the cap is unbelieveable. These guys would have easily been scooped up the first day of FA. Major props to the FO!

Totally agree.

Because of this, I dont understand why so many Hawk fans are worked up over the Bennett situation. All that matters is that we have a lot le good players and are staying under the cap, who cares if theyre not all thrilled about it?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

Because of this, I dont understand why so many Hawk fans are worked up over the Bennett situation. All that matters is that we have a lot le good players and are staying under the cap, who cares if theyre not all thrilled about it?

The Bennett situation will work itself out. He doesn't have any leverage so he'll pout for a while, miss the OTA's, miss most of training camp but he'll be back a week before preseason games get under way. Bennett has to know deep down he's not going to win this battle.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i am hearing is Aaron Rogers makes 22 mill a year basically and the Hawks won't pay Wilson more than what Rogers makes. Now that Cam is making around 20 the Hawks hands are tied and they might have to pay Russell that 22 a year but i would be shocked if he is offered more than what Aaron Rogers makes per year.

I say a deal gets done in the 21-22 million range.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i am hearing is Aaron Rogers makes 22 mill a year basically and the Hawks won't pay Wilson more than what Rogers makes. Now that Cam is making around 20 the Hawks hands are tied and they might have to pay Russell that 22 a year but i would be shocked if he is offered more than what Aaron Rogers makes per year.

I say a deal gets done in the 21-22 million range.

It would be ideal to get the 21-22 mil range and lets hope it happens. If the Hawks had to push on up to the 23-25 mil range to sign him, then so be it to get him locked up long term.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be ideal to get the 21-22 mil range and lets hope it happens. If the Hawks had to push on up to the 23-25 mil range to sign him, then so be it to get him locked up long term.

I think if Russel's agent pushed for 23-25 that the Hawks will play out this season at the 1.5 million mark then they can tag him for two years in a row if needed after that at that 23-25 mill mark. That would net them a saving of 22-23.5 million over those 3 years when looking at the bigger picture.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Russel's agent pushed for 23-25 that the Hawks will play out this season at the 1.5 million mark then they can tag him for two years in a row if needed after that at that 23-25 mill mark. That would net them a saving of 22-23.5 million over those 3 years when looking at the bigger picture.

If the Hawks are forced to go that route which isn't bad the way you spelled it out for us, then hopefully JS/PC can get Wags signed and locked up at some point this year. I think either way wether it's Wags or RW, one is getting signed and the other tagged next offseason.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't get something worked out this year (highly doubt it), and they tag him next offseason, he will never play under it. That will just light a fire under both sides to get something done before the season. When was the last time a QB actually played under the franchise tag?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't get something worked out this year (highly doubt it), and they tag him next offseason, he will never play under it. That will just light a fire under both sides to get something done before the season. When was the last time a QB actually played under the franchise tag?

Didn't Drew Brees play under the Franchise tag in 2012? if not then i think it was him in 2005 for San Diego i believe. Safe to say not many have played under the tag.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Drew Brees play under the Franchise tag in 2012? if not then i think it was him in 2005 for San Diego i believe. Safe to say not many have played under the tag.

You're right. Brees did in 05. But the Chargers did that with the intent of him leaving the next year. Obviously they weren't concerned about the long term relationship.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm seeing your math there on the savings vs the cap over the next 3 seasons. That tag number on the 2017 season would be astronomical.