• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson's agent says...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson's agent says contract talks with Seattle Seahawks are 'positive and encouraging'

Watch the vid if you wish (nothing new), but in the text below the vid are some reassuring comments from Russell's agent.
Nice to hear Wilsons agent say all the right things. If Blount actually has a clue ( not sure he knows anything) and the difference is 5 years at 20 million or 4 years at 20 millions, shoot just sign for the 5 years, but if RW wants that 20 million a year to start this year, then that would be a problem. Guess I need to go back and listen to it again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening again, I guess Blount is saying RW wants that 20 million a year to start this year. Mmmm don't think that is feasible. Sure the heck hope that's not the case.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diehard Seahawks fan trying to raise $5M to keep Russell Wilson in Seattle - Local News | MyNorthwest.com

Ran across this while surfing the web and I got to say HELL NO. #$@#$ that.

I'm proud to be a Seahawk fan and even more so when I read story after story about how hard and willing people where to give up their hard earned cash when we had the rivalries with SF a few years back as the money went to help those in need. And I love Wilson as he will have a spot in my heart for ever for winning the superbowl but more than that for being a real man. But there is no way Seattle Seahawk fans should be getting behind this for it would simply be an embarrassment. Better yet if fans want to keep Wilson in Seattle lets raise money to show the FA how much we want this done by raising the 5 mil but giving it to something like ....

VA/VETS
ROADS
SCHOOLS
HOSPITALS
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF FIGHT SICKNESS, (PICK ONE)
HELPING THE ELDERLY
FOOD FOR THE HOMELESS
THE ARTS

AND THOUSAND OTHER THINGS I CAN'T THINK OF BUT THAT NEED HELP.

%$^%$

ok, better now... This doesn't mean I don't want Wilson back but as the Swami would say C"Mon MAN.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows anything. The ONLY people who should be truly in the know would be Pete, JS, Paul Allen, RW, and his agent.
That is all. No one else should know anything.Period. Exclamation point!
As the agent said, 95% of what is speculated is wrong. Guesswork and nothing else.
If I was in that inner circle, the only person I would be concerned with letting out a little info would be Russell. Not even Pete's wife or kids or anyone else should know.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diehard Seahawks fan trying to raise $5M to keep Russell Wilson in Seattle - Local News | MyNorthwest.com

Ran across this while surfing the web and I got to say HELL NO. #$@#$ that.

I'm proud to be a Seahawk fan and even more so when I read story after story about how hard and willing people where to give up their hard earned cash when we had the rivalries with SF a few years back as the money went to help those in need. And I love Wilson as he will have a spot in my heart for ever for winning the superbowl but more than that for being a real man. But there is no way Seattle Seahawk fans should be getting behind this for it would simply be an embarrassment. Better yet if fans want to keep Wilson in Seattle lets raise money to show the FA how much we want this done by raising the 5 mil but giving it to something like ....

VA/VETS
ROADS
SCHOOLS
HOSPITALS
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF FIGHT SICKNESS, (PICK ONE)
HELPING THE ELDERLY
FOOD FOR THE HOMELESS
THE ARTS

AND THOUSAND OTHER THINGS I CAN'T THINK OF BUT THAT NEED HELP.

%$^%$

ok, better now... This doesn't mean I don't want Wilson back but as the Swami would say C"Mon MAN.

Yeah there are some stupid ass 12's out there.....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening again, I guess Blount is saying RW wants that 20 million a year to start this year. Mmmm don't think that is feasible. Sure the heck hope that's not the case.

I'm sure RW would love to get 20 mil per yr but I haven't heard a peep out of him if that is true or not. Or is it his agent just putting feelers out there to see what kind of feed back he'll get?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure RW would love to get 20 mil per yr but I haven't heard a peep out of him if that is true or not. Or is it his agent just putting feelers out there to see what kind of feed back he'll get?
The $20M referenced is a media creation. No one on the Seahawk's side or on Russell's have openly voiced any dollar amount at all.
My guess is the agent spoke only to calm the fans and remind us there is no urgency on either side and that the ongoing talks between the 2 parties are not adversarial at all.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love RW but why would I give him a dime? He will be making 200x's more than me a year...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on...
If they are donating money to sign RW, well OK. Both he and the Seahawks are going be fine in the money department , so kind of silly except for expressing a show of support for RW.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it funny that some would criticize an agent for good faith negotiation because fans don't make as much. It's called "class envy"

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cam will average about $20 Mil a year. That will be the negotiation floor guys. He won's accept less than Cam.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cam will average about $20 Mil a year. That will be the negotiation floor guys. He won's accept less than Cam.
More speculation and guesswork.
I am not saying it wont happen, but I would venture you know as much about all of the negotiations as I do...
and it ain't squat.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally, everyone is speculating. One thing to note is the NFLPA also applies pressure to the player and the agent to get as much as they can on every negotiation?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Team friendly contracts run counter to what the NFLPA wants. Of course, there is pressure to get as much as they can to help others players get a solid payday.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If russel was smart, he would sign for $10 - $15 million and make waaaay more in endorsements. Thats if they continue to win, or he can be greedy and take $20-$25 million and be on a losing team while making alot less in endorsements.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If russel was smart, he would sign for $10 - $15 million and make waaaay more in endorsements. Thats if they continue to win, or he can be greedy and take $20-$25 million and be on a losing team while making alot less in endorsements.

Not sure that quite adds up in his favor. He has talked about how some day he wants to own a team. Taking say a $10 million paycut just doesn't work out well in that gameplan. The top endorsement guys right now make $10-15 million in endorsements so really he would be making just about the same in what he could get in a top NFL contract. Throw in for the next few years at least he would still be a very marketable player so really he can sign a contract getting $25 million a year plus still probably make $10 million in endorsements giving him $35 million a year compared to the maybe $25 million you are talking about.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the most recent QB deals, RW's agent is likely shooting for a $22M-$25M/year contract with close to $75M guaranteed. The contract will cripple us either way, so it's too bad we couldn't get another ring last year when it was right there for the taking.