• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda threw his OL under the bus n Russ isn't exactly the hit your last step on your drop-back n let it rip type. He likes holding the ball n trying to make downfield plays. Don't wanna get hit so much? Get rid of the rock sooner. Odd way to shed the potential cookie cutter image he's known for. That should've been more a private conversation imo. Unless its already been talked about privately.

Maybe that was the reason he looked so pissed at the Super Bowl (other than not playing in it and sitting next to Goodell) but the fact that he didn't talk to his team beforehand and people were bashing him

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Wilson would cost the Seahawks $39 million in dead money, which makes it nearly impossible to trade him this offseason.

Check back next year (still a $26 million cap hit) or, more realistically 2 years from now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 1st trade proposal

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mclaurin should be off limits, he's about to do serious damage to cornerbacks everywhere. I love Alex but he's not willing enough to give #17 a chance to make plays. I believe TH has complete confidence that if he gives his WRs a chance, they'll win

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Seahawks answering calls from teams about trading Russell Wilson
Well that's something. ESPN's Dianna Russini reports that the Seattle Seahawks have been taking calls from teams interested ...

Saints Wire on MSN.com
36m

The problem with his preferred trading destinations is that each has either cap issues and/or poor offensive/defensive sides of the ball. I don't think that teams are as concerned today about taking big cap hits. Seattle will take a $39M cap hit if Wilson is traded. Some have said that it prohibitive, but it looks as if they are open to it.

Chicago's OL is horrible and they have cap issues, good defense though

The Raider also has cap issues and I'm not sure what else they would have to give up in order to make this trade happen.

Cowboys right now have 6 players who are eating 50.3% of their cap (signing Dak takes it to 7 eating 70.1% ) their defense is among the worse in the league and there are injuries decimating their offensive line.

New Orleans is at least $50M over the cap and will have to jettison some very good, key player just to break even.

My prediction is if he's traded it won't be to any of those requested which makes the best bet Miami. Why? because it isn't any of the others and they can pull this trade off almost without a hitch. It doesn't hurt that they are an AFC team either.

Last edited:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson wanting to make it very clear......get him some offensive line help or else. That is all this is about right now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson wanting to make it very clear......get him some offensive line help or else. That is all this is about right now.
Balancing the salary cap differs from team to team, Seattle won their SB and lost another primarily based upon the Legion of Boom defense. That is now a thing of the past be it says a lot about how Seattle takes its approach to win and accordingly where the money goes. Wilson must know this but what he wants directly affects the Carroll way. I believe what we're seeing now is the decision between Carroll and Wilson being played out with Carroll winning that particular tug of war.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balancing the salary cap differs from team to team, Seattle won their SB and lost another primarily based upon the Legion of Boom defense. That is now a thing of the past be it says a lot about how Seattle takes its approach to win and accordingly where the money goes. Wilson must know this but what he wants directly affects the Carroll way. I believe what we're seeing now is the decision between Carroll and Wilson being played out with Carroll winning that particular tug of war.

Wilson has more 4th Q comebacks than any QB active today, a little too much put on THE LEGION OF BOOM. he had to bail the team out too many times. Kind of a bummer he had to deal with BEASTMODE those years, if not for that we would have gotten his greatness sooner. It took awhile to get out from other BEASTMODE/LEGION OF DOOM. Now everyone gets it, here is a great QB.

Pete gets what football really is, and it is a strong running game. Which gives your D that needed blow. As you wear down their D.

Nothing will come of this, Wilson will be a Seahawk next season.