• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I get the protections QBs get for the most part. They've taken it WAY too far though with the 15 yard hit/slap/tap a QB's helmet even if its incidental, unintentional and poses no threat of injury or even giving the QB a boo boo penalty. And the landing on a QB with too much body weight while sacking him penalty are the first thigs that come to mind. The defenseless player penalty is bullshit to.
You're spot on and that's why whenever there's a discussion about who's the G.O.A.T, I laugh at the choices, when not put into context.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're spot on and that's why whenever there's a discussion about who's the G.O.A.T, I laugh at the choices, when not put into context.
Brady is the GOAT, I don't care about what context you want to put it in. 7 SB wins? Will never be broken. Like Nicklaus's 18 majors.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the GOAT, I don't care about what context you want to put it in. 7 SB wins? Will never be broken. Like Nicklaus's 18 majors.
Too many players have come and gone without a "Super-Bowl" in place. Additionally, the rule changes are at the center of his longevity and therefore his 7 SB's. Golf is pretty much the same as it was from the beginning sans equipment changes.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If. PTL is being accurate. There's a lot more than smoke in the Wilson saga. According to PTL Wilson has been unhappy for a while it was just under wraps. And the Seattle brass are not happy at all that Wilson made the issue public.

This could get interesting.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many players have come and gone without a "Super-Bowl" in place. Additionally, the rule changes are at the center of his longevity and therefore his 7 SB's. Golf is pretty much the same as it was from the beginning sans equipment changes.
I still don't understand how that wasn't a forced fumble on the Woodson sack way back when during the season where it all began.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand how that wasn't a forced fumble on the Woodson sack way back when during the season where it all began.
It was a fumble!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go over a few generations of players; guys like Jack Tatum, Ronnie Lott and perhaps the late Sean Taylor couldn't play in today's game. Not because they couldn't but the rules would prohibit their style of play. Can you believe that it's already been 13 years 3 months since ST's death? Damn time flies!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not be a golfer.

Championships are all you can really use to compare the different football eras. I'm not a football historian, but has there ever been another NFL QB that won 7 championships?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Championships are all you can really use to compare the different football eras. I'm not a football historian, but has there ever been another NFL QB that won 7 championships?
How many NFL championships did Bart Starr win?

By 1960, Bart Starr led Green Bay to the Western Division championship, the first in a long string of successes for Starr and the Packers. From 1960 through 1967, Bart's "won-lost record" was a sizzling 62-24-4 and the Packers won six divisional, five NFL, and the first two Super Bowl championships. Total won 7 and this was in an era when real (spartan) football was played. Way harder to win them back then! Notice anything about that time span? He won them all consecutively!

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To go over a few generations of players; guys like Jack Tatum, Ronnie Lott and perhaps the late Sean Taylor couldn't play in today's game. Not because they couldn't but the rules would prohibit their style of play. Can you believe that it's already been 13 years 3 months since ST's death? Damn time flies!!

Looking at Sean Taylor's last season, I believe he understood he had to change his game. he could handle slot WRs and also had solid timing with his shoulder when making the bone jarring hits. I honestly believe he was becoming Ed Reed, just forget about throwing deep

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW; You're right I'm not a golfer and I'm an old man now, sadly a hole-in-one meant something entirely different i n my youth than it does now! :D

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Sean Taylor's last season, I believe he understood he had to change his game. he could handle slot WRs and also had solid timing with his shoulder when making the bone jarring hits. I honestly believe he was becoming Ed Reed, just forget about throwing deep
Ed reed is an excellent comparison but those bone jarring hits would likely be personal fouls, hits on a defenseless receiver now. He might have adjusted but I believe that would have completely altered his game and who he was on the field. Too bad that we didn't get to see what that young man would have done.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL championships did Bart Starr win?

By 1960, Bart Starr led Green Bay to the Western Division championship, the first in a long string of successes for Starr and the Packers. From 1960 through 1967, Bart's "won-lost record" was a sizzling 62-24-4 and the Packers won six divisional, five NFL, and the first two Super Bowl championships. Total won 7 and this was in an era when real (spartan) football was played. Way harder to win them back then! Notice anything about that time span? He won them all consecutively!
There ya go. We now have two in the conversation. Starr had Lombardi and Brady had Bellichek. Any more?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go. We now have two in the conversation. Starr had Lombardi and Brady had Bellichek. Any more?
Yeah, the true G.O.A.T was and remains Jim Brown.
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space

Second Jerry Rice,

Third Lawrence Taylor

Fourth Joe Montana

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the true G.O.A.T was and remains Jim Brown.
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space
Space

Second Jerry Rice,

Third Lawrence Taylor

Fourth Joe Montana

The first three were great players, maybe the best at their positions, but they aren't QBs, which is what we (or at least I) was talking about. As for montana, one of the best. But not the greatest of all time, IMO.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first three were great players, maybe the best at their positions, but they aren't QBs, which is what we (or at least I) was talking about. As for montana, one of the best. But not the greatest of all time, IMO.
You can't be named G.O.A.T without the qualifier QB, RB, WR etc.

Right now as we speak people are proclaiming Brady the G.O.A.T without the qualifier and that is something that he isn't. Hell he isn't the greatest QB of all time, qualifier intended.

I know that there's a tendency to name a player of current generations the best or greatest of all time because as stated they are the greatest that a person has ever seen. Folks have to avoid doing this because of the limitations of their scope sans historical input and changes to the game that make records fall that otherwise would not have been approached.

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed reed is an excellent comparison but those bone jarring hits would likely be personal fouls, hits on a defenseless receiver now. He might have adjusted but I believe that would have completely altered his game and who he was on the field. Too bad that we didn't get to see what that young man would have done.

You're likely right. But one can imagine he would have been up there with the great safeties

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the files of Management never learns...

Report: Seahawks management not happy with Russell Wilson ...