• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did this in his rookie year but after a bad game, he called all of the other rookies on offense and told them that they were going to go through film on their Tuesday day off. He knew well enough not to call out the veterans. Well, I hope he calls in the whole offense this time and they work on their day off. The results of tonight's game was horrible.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did this in his rookie year but after a bad game, he called all of the other rookies on offense and told them that they were going to go through film on their Tuesday day off. He knew well enough not to call out the veterans. Well, I hope he calls in the whole offense this time and they work on their day off. The results of tonight's game was horrible.
Until Wilson is Wilson again and until they get Rawls back this is going to be how this team looks against tough defenses. I think it's way too much at this point to expect the line to ever improve. So without the others being able to cover up for them like they always have, this is life on that side of the ball in Seattle.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson losing mobility is a huge issue...

Which HONESTLY!? I think it's kind of a good thing. No super crazy mobile QB has ever consistently won the SBOWL. They are all great pocket passers. Wilson is still super young. I like to think by being FORCED To pass in the pocket he's learning from this, and Wilson is an AMAZING student of the game.

Once he HAS the mobility back I think his game will be that much better. I don't understand however, how Michael was averaging nearly 4 YPC in the first half of the game yet we had 4x more as many passes as runs.

Guess that's why I'm not a coach. The NFL is just too complicated for me to understand...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he has a hurt Right pectoral -.- Wilson is just getting the hell beat out of him this season. That will have an effect on his throwing, for how long who knows. Lets hope by Sunday 10am it's good to go. We know Wilson will be out there no matter what.

Right now i feel like even a broken leg wouldn't keep him off the field. Dude is a throw back for sure, tough as nails.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he goes his first 4 years without any significant injuries and now he's had 3 so far this season. Why? Well it's not entirely the line because he was sacked and hit harder last year. Dumb luck?

I swear I was petrified about his health going into the season just because they didn't have a real backup. It's freaking fate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last 2 drives in OT were positive though...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he goes his first 4 years without any significant injuries and now he's had 3 so far this season. Why? Well it's not entirely the line because he was sacked and hit harder last year. Dumb luck?

I swear I was petrified about his health going into the season just because they didn't have a real backup. It's freaking fate.

Why? Easy to answer. His mobility allowed him to avoid those big hits and or to move and bend to avoid injuries. He can't now and is getting killed.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Easy to answer. His mobility allowed him to avoid those big hits and or to move and bend to avoid injuries. He can't now and is getting killed.
He had to get hit to get killed so he got injured while behind that same crappy protection.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is amazing to think that the line, despite Wilson being extremely hobbled, has (up til now) cut the QB pressures by 26% (50% in 2015, 37% in 2016) and sacks by 41% (8.5% in 2015, 5.0% in 2016).

The ankle injury was a freak thing. He gave himself up and though that usually protects him from hits, he gets stepped on awkwardly. The knee injury is a direct consequence of his ankle injury, as a healthy Wilson isn't caught there and gets out of bounds. The peck - we don't know when that actually happened (at last I read/heard), so I can't say if it had anything to do with the other two injuries.

What I am getting at is, our line has been much better this year than last (pass pro) - yet, a weird step and people are blaming them for Russell's injuries. No line can possibly protect 100% of the time - and Seattle has had a brutal schedule of DLs and pass rushers - and despite that and injury, Russell is protected better than in his entire career. It's just not looking like this is his year to stay healthy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, but I'm not sure I can come to the same conclusions.

Quite a few of those sacks in previous years were on Wilson himself. He often struggled with when to leave the pocket vs stand in there and throw and sometimes held onto the ball too long instead of throwing it away, etc.

Now that he's hobbled he's staying in the pocket more and making fewer poor decisions on keeping it too long.

Going through this appears to be helping him be a better pocket QB in those terms, but we do miss his ability to extend broken plays.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Russell did create sacks, but he also avoided sacks that would have happened had he been as hobbled as he is now. I'd say that becomes a wash - as I would think the numbers would even out over the course of the season (his escapes vs. his own mistakes).

I'm not saying the line's perfect, or even top half, I'm just saying they are playing better (but the bar was so low - it's hard to not have played better than last year's first half). Even the pressure is way down, and he even has a pocket to step up into on a lot of plays - something he didn't have much of last year.

The injuries to Wilson aren't on the line, as the first one was a freak incident that could have happened any number times the last 4 years had the steps landed right, and the second was more along Wilson not doing what he should and getting himself in an awkward situation (I remember wondering what he was doing on that bad ankle and trying to make the play he was trying to make, my DVR erased all my games - so I can't go back and look at it).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to get hit to get killed so he got injured while behind that same crappy protection.

do you remember how he hurt his ankle that started all this? it was stepped on by Suh, then it all snowballed. He was lucky Suh didn't do his normal STOMP! once he lost his Wheels he couldn't out run people and that horsecollar tackle took out his knee on the other leg making it worse for him again. Bad knee on one leg bad ankle on the other. Now he is a statue ( not really ) in the pocket. Being less mobile behind THIS line is a death sentence.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line has been pretty bad. Not as bad as the beginning of last year but pretty bad. However that in itself isn't reason why our offense has sputtered in 3 of our 6 games.

I think the pressure numbers are lower because Russ is getting rid of the ball faster. So that is a bit deceiving. But his being hobbled has limited his elusiveness so when he doesn't release the ball quickly, problems multiply.

We have the 2nd most holding calls per game of any team in the NFL. That is bad and it really hurt us on Sunday night. That needs to improve.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line has been pretty bad. Not as bad as the beginning of last year but pretty bad. However that in itself isn't reason why our offense has sputtered in 3 of our 6 games.

I would say they have sputtered in 4 or 5 of the 6 games. One game we had a running attack and solid passing together and the game Wilson had 300 yards passing the offense wasn't all that good really.

I say San Fran was our only "good" game but that was against San Fran. They were only "ok" in 2 other wins and the win against Miami was horrible.

in our wins
Miami gives up 22.7 PPG Hawks scored 12 ( @ home ) ( well below Average )
Jets give up 25.7 PPG, Hawks scored 27 ( barely better than Average)
Atlanta Gives up 28.4 PPG, Hawks scored 26 ( @ home ) ( Below average )
San Fran Gives up 31.2 PPG, Hawks scored 37, this is the only game i feel the offense played well.