• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson Traded to Broncos

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will probably in typical fashion trade down in the late teens/early 20s... and then draft someone nobody is ever heard of while we're all like, "WTF?" and the analysts are like, "Okay............ uh, so a bit of a reach there..." and then that player will ride the bench for a while and succumb to injury and bust.

Frank Clark was OKAY, but we really seem to struggle drafting DL. Schneider made great moves getting Avril, Bennett over here for cheap and Mebane/Bryant etc. were already part of the team if I recall correctly.

Sounds about right.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Jets have any other veterans available?

(Asking for a friend).

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver proves the devils lettuce is bad for you

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Philly fan I want Kenny Pickett to slip to 15. So I am a little worried about Seattle moving up. But he doesn't sound like their type.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Philly fan I want Kenny Pickett to slip to 15. So I am a little worried about Seattle moving up. But he doesn't sound like their type.

Seattle is now drafting 9. But they'll do something unpredictable. They do like Willis, I haven't heard anything on Pickett.

Outside of arm strength though (which can technically be improved some through working out and mechanics) Ridder seems like a player Seattle would like. Very similar stats to Wilson in college although Ridder is 6'3" and is happy to throw in the pocket (Wilson/Willis always wanted to roll it outside or drop SUPER deep).

That said, I haven't heard anything on whether Seattle likes Pickett. There have been reports they like Matt Corral though. I think Corral and Pickett are the better plug in and play now QBs which Seattle needs 100%. They don't have any viable QBs to start for now, and Carroll isn't going to have time as a coach to sit and let a QB develop. And if he goes back to a run focused O and defense he'll alleviate pressure from his QB. I feel Pickett and Willis are a little bit more project QBs but have the superior physical skillsets.

Little bit kind of like Mac Jones is what I see with Ridder/Corral.

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is now drafting 9. But they'll do something unpredictable. They do like Willis, I haven't heard anything on Pickett.

Outside of arm strength though (which can technically be improved some through working out and mechanics) Ridder seems like a player Seattle would like. Very similar stats to Wilson in college although Ridder is 6'3" and is happy to throw in the pocket (Wilson/Willis always wanted to roll it outside or drop SUPER deep).

That said, I haven't heard anything on whether Seattle likes Pickett. There have been reports they like Matt Corral though.

Then Why not got "Saucy" with it and take matt later...........

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Why not got "Saucy" with it and take matt later...........

Yah I actually was editing my post as you replied. I can't imagine they'll take Corral with #9... probably trade down or move slightly up and snag him late 1st.... or early 2nd pending how they gauge other teams. Corral at #9 would seem insane lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud and young ain't shit either...
Ten times better than the Daniel Jones ceiling players this year. I think there are a couple of mid round guys who need seasoning but wouldn’t touch Corral, Ridder or whatever that other dudes name is.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I actually was editing my post as you replied. I can't imagine they'll take Corral with #9... probably trade down or move slightly up and snag him late 1st.... or early 2nd pending how they gauge other teams. Corral at #9 would seem insane lol.
Yea the Seahawks have never been known to massively overdraft a player.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm just looking forward to the press conferences.

Pete: We love Russ and didn't want to trade him.

Wilson: I love Seattle and I didn't want to be traded.

Everybody else: Huh?!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just looking forward to the press conferences.

Pete: We love Russ and didn't want to trade him.

Wilson: I love Seattle and I didn't want to be traded.

Everybody else: Huh?!
Pete: Fuck Russ im glad hes gone.

Russ: That old bastard needs to retire and im glad im leaving.

While this wont happen that would be juicy af.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This has some shades of Brady vs Belichick because now we get to see if it was Pete and his 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense that was holding Wilson back or if Wilson's flaws were a significant reason Seattle couldn't seem to get any playoff traction after their SB run.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the way I look at it is after the 2023-24 season he was probably going to leave the seahawks as a free agent and it is always better to trade a player a year early than a year late. If we would have kept him and he either gets hurt again or just sucks and at that point having only 1 year left on his contract we would be lucky to even get 1 1st round pick if we tried to trade him.

I am also perfectly fine with taking less and sending him to the AFC as opposed to a team like Washington where he is clearly the best QB in that division and do real damage. I would rather see him get past Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert to win the division AND to go to a super bowl get past the Bills, Bengals, Patriots, Ravens etc as opposed to honestly only the Rams and Packers maybe the 49ers as super bowl contenders in the NFC.

I know a lot of people are talking about the Broncos and the pieces they have and RW does make them better. Personally I dont see them winning the division or going to a SB but they will be competitive which I am sure is what they want to be. I am a little butt hurt that the Seahawks gave everything to this man from a defensive led super bowl and made him the focal point (let russ cook) then when the Rams became great he runs away.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way here is a drink to the good times. Looking back I really wish we could have won that 2nd super bowl but I am content with the one. Now its back to be irrelevant trying to find a franchise QB and the league forgetting that there is an actual NFL team in the Northwest corner.