• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Westbrook

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. Unless OKC can land another top player or 2, they are going to be stuck in NBA playoff purgatory. Always good enough to make the playoffs as long as Westbrook is healthy, but never good enough to get past the 1st or 2nd round.

I do agree however, that they certainly don't need to be looking at blowing things up this early. It's the first season without KD. Better to keep Westbrook and see if they can get some more talent around him in the off season before considering trading him.

Guys may even take a little less to play with Westbrook. They also have 3 draft picks this June

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden didn't want to stay.

Not sure I remember it that way. I know Harden wanted to be "the man," but if memory serves, it came down to money and they didn't want to pay both Harden and Ibaka.

Am I going all Hillary and "misremembering"?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys may even take a little less to play with Westbrook. They also have 3 draft picks this June

It certainly wouldn't be the first time a player or 2 took a little less to team up and have a shot at the title.

They definitely should give it a season or 2 and see what they can get done, to improve the roster. Those draft picks could help if they need to trade for someone.

They just need to make sure they don't wait too long and end up with him getting frustrated and wanting out. It would lower what they could get in return.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I remember it that way. I know Harden wanted to be "the man," but if memory serves, it came down to money and they didn't want to pay both Harden and Ibaka.

Harden was coming off the bench. He wanted to be the man. He's also a ball controlling player. You can't really have two of those players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden was coming off the bench. He wanted to be the man. He's also a ball controlling player. You can't really have two of those players.

Ah, forgot about him coming off the bench.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. Unless OKC can land another top player or 2, they are going to be stuck in NBA playoff purgatory. Always good enough to make the playoffs as long as Westbrook is healthy, but never good enough to get past the 1st or 2nd round.

I do agree however, that they certainly don't need to be looking at blowing things up this early. It's the first season without KD. Better to keep Westbrook and see if they can get some more talent around him in the off season before considering trading him.

OKC has no money and no draft pick. The team they have is the one they're stuck with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC has no money and no draft pick. The team they have is the one they're stuck with.

If I understand what I just read on RealGM correctly, it looks like they have their own first round pick and keep their 2nd round if it falls within the 31-35 range and it goes to Denver if it's 36-60.

Also looks like they have some guys who will be FA's after this season that they could let walk to create cap space. Although, I didn't look up their salaries to see how much.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand what I just read on RealGM correctly, it looks like they have their own first round pick and keep their 2nd round if it falls within the 31-35 range and it goes to Denver if it's 36-60.

Also looks like they have some guys who will be FA's after this season that they could let walk to create cap space. Although, I didn't look up their salaries to see how much.

I believe their 1st goes to Utah in the Kanter trade.

Jazz Acquire Three Players and Two Future Draft Picks in Three-Team Trade | Utah Jazz

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,256.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doing exactly what I thought (and then some) when KD left for the Warriors.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,256.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden wanted more than what they were offering so OKC traded him.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he said isn't true. Harden said last Spring that it was simply a money issue.

OKC offered 4/55 while Houston gave him 5/80

Harden wanted more money and he wanted to be the main player on the team. He didn't like coming off the bench. He simply wasn't staying in OKC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden wanted more money and he wanted to be the main player on the team. He didn't like coming off the bench. He simply wasn't staying in OKC.

He didn't have an issue coming off the bench. He wanted to get paid. Simple as that. He clearly stated that he would still be with OKC if they offered him the money he felt he deserved.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have an issue coming off the bench. He wanted to get paid. Simple as that. He clearly stated that he would still be with OKC if they offered him the money he felt he deserved.

He can say what he wants after the fact. But I remember he didn't like coming off the bench and he wanted to prove he could carry a team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder need to trade him and do a rebuild. Boston has the picks to trade and he would make them an instant title contender.
with how things went down and with how much the fans love Westbrook for staying and how he acts to Durant--- ownership there is going to give Westbrook whatever he wants for as long as he wants to be there....OKC is never going to trade him. Even if the front office thought it was a good idea at some point- that owner needs someone to put fans in the seats- and the fans LOVE HIM. It certainly seems that Westbrook loves having his own team as well. He cant act like he did with Durant and just leave himself either. RW is gonna be there for at least the foreseeable future- when they offer him the new super-max the new CBA allows them to offer him- you think he is turning that down? I highly highly doubt it- ther will only be so many players like that eligible for that kind of contract in the ENTIRE league.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Westbrook be that "one more player" to make them complete? Or did you mean one more in addition to Westbrook?
They'd be giving it up players to get him. Then he'd be required to carry the team like he's already doing and Oklahoma. Not sure how it would be beneficial to move into a similar situation. He would only add to the team if he was a free agent.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with how things went down and with how much the fans love Westbrook for staying and how he acts to Durant--- ownership there is going to give Westbrook whatever he wants for as long as he wants to be there....OKC is never going to trade him. Even if the front office thought it was a good idea at some point- that owner needs someone to put fans in the seats- and the fans LOVE HIM. It certainly seems that Westbrook loves having his own team as well. He cant act like he did with Durant and just leave himself either. RW is gonna be there for at least the foreseeable future- when they offer him the new super-max the new CBA allows them to offer him- you think he is turning that down? I highly highly doubt it- ther will only be so many players like that eligible for that kind of contract in the ENTIRE league.

OKC fans will love Westbrook even if he leaves. And there is no reason to believe he won't. The only thing he truly did by signing the extension is make the most money possible. He can still sign the super max deal and ask for a trade.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be giving it up players to get him. Then he'd be required to carry the team like he's already doing and Oklahoma. Not sure how it would be beneficial to move into a similar situation. He would only add to the team if he was a free agent.

He would be traded for Brown, picks and probably another bench player.