• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rush and Landry to be signed soon?

rtiff68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I fully disagree with the bold statement. Quite frankly I'm appalled that you would say that. ;)

In all honesty, I do think that this team will be better. The other thing that I noticed is that each player will be around for at least two seasons. This front office believes in that rumor called chemistry. I love it!

Hey, they certainly could be better, but I'm not prepared to say that I expect that before I see...

1) ...Curry and Bogut actually stay on the floor and play consistently at the level(s) they've flashed at points over their respective careers.

2) ...how Barnes and Ezeli actually translate, and the impact they're able to have as rookies (and 2nd year guys, for that matter).

3)...how much (or little) Klay continues to improve into his 2nd year after the strides he made over the course of his rookie season (and how they seemingly transitioned into Summer League).

As flawed as our small ball teams of the past were, the We Believe team knocked off a 70 win team in dominant fashion, and won 48 games in a BRUTAL WC without one of their best players the next year. During Run TMC's run, they once won 55 games and had two players in the All-Star game.

I think 55 wins and two All-Stars is the absolute ceiling of what we could reasonably hope for out this team this year.

All that said, it's an exciting time to be a Warriors fan!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One very minor nit in this..... not sure if we can say that we have a quality back-up at the 5. Ezeli will have to prove himself, and realistically you don't know if you can count on Biedrins for anything anymore. Given the complete anemia that he is offensively, I don't know that his ability to modestly defend or rebound (which has declined) would keep him in the league if he wasn't under contract.

But again, overall it's a great story to say that when we go to the bench, we don't have to cringe or expect a significant decline this year. Long, long time since we could say that.

I'm probably getting stuck back in the "Biedrins can be useful" rut that I swore off of sometime in the middle of December 2011 (which I know was far too long to hold out hope), but the few things he is actually capable of doing well at the NBA level translate perfectly to a solid Center off the bench. Of course, he will never be worth his salary, and he gets the Zito treatment from here on out (sunk cost; any production is helpful).

It was always frustrating to see Beans never get into the flow of the game because of foul trouble, and needing to save him because he was the only true Center on the roster. That certainly isn't the case now, and I think he'll benefit from absolutely no pressure or expectations. He may just be $9 mil worth of 6 fouls and big wingspan, but he still has soft hands and a better than average ability to pass out of the post (pity that he can't do anything else of value there, consistently). You're very right about his declining rebounding ability, but I hope that came from foul fears. With free reign to keep his motor going for the entirety of whatever few minutes he gets, I think he can regain some effectiveness there.

I may be getting dooped again, but the most frustrating parts of Biedrins game (or lack thereof) should be alleviated by only playing 10-15 minutes, mostly against other teams' back-ups. If he ever gets good enough at free throws that he isn't scared to be fouled, the Warriors could have a really great team. Again, it's all about the health of the Starting 5, but when isn't it all about that?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably getting stuck back in the "Biedrins can be useful" rut that I swore off of sometime in the middle of December 2011 (which I know was far too long to hold out hope), but the few things he is actually capable of doing well at the NBA level translate perfectly to a solid Center off the bench. Of course, he will never be worth his salary, and he gets the Zito treatment from here on out (sunk cost; any production is helpful).

It was always frustrating to see Beans never get into the flow of the game because of foul trouble, and needing to save him because he was the only true Center on the roster. That certainly isn't the case now, and I think he'll benefit from absolutely no pressure or expectations. He may just be $9 mil worth of 6 fouls and big wingspan, but he still has soft hands and a better than average ability to pass out of the post (pity that he can't do anything else of value there, consistently). You're very right about his declining rebounding ability, but I hope that came from foul fears. With free reign to keep his motor going for the entirety of whatever few minutes he gets, I think he can regain some effectiveness there.

I may be getting dooped again, but the most frustrating parts of Biedrins game (or lack thereof) should be alleviated by only playing 10-15 minutes, mostly against other teams' back-ups. If he ever gets good enough at free throws that he isn't scared to be fouled, the Warriors could have a really great team. Again, it's all about the health of the Starting 5, but when isn't it all about that?

This. If Biedrins was making 3M a year, he'd be absolutely valuable. As such he's making 3x that amount and has been far below any expectations of his production. I feel that he should be able to adequately give 10-15 minutes of non-terrible play. Any production he gives us as a backup big is gravy at this point. At worst he should be able to grab a few rebounds and provide a semi-shot blocking presence in the middle.

rtiff68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This. If Biedrins was making 3M a year, he'd be absolutely valuable. As such he's making 3x that amount and has been far below any expectations of his production. I feel that he should be able to adequately give 10-15 minutes of non-terrible play. Any production he gives us as a backup big is gravy at this point. At worst he should be able to grab a few rebounds and provide a semi-shot blocking presence in the middle.

If I hadn't actually watched Biedrins the past two seasons (especially last season), then I might buy this.

I guess I just feel like there isn't any value in a player that plays scared-- plays as if he wishes he wasn't on the floor. Joel Anthony isn't much bigger than Biedrins, can't shoot for crap from the line either, and has absolutely atrocious hands. That said, the guy bangs out there and plays hard; Biedrins, by contrast, looks as if he can't wait to get off the floor, and is praying that nobody fouls him under the bucket with the ball in his hands.

The only limitation I truly cannot stand/tolerate in a player is a lack of passion. Pre-contract Biedrins had the same limitations that post-contract Biedrins has, the difference being that the former's motor was going every minute he was on the court. The latter?

Not so much.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I hadn't actually watched Biedrins the past two seasons (especially last season), then I might buy this.

I guess I just feel like there isn't any value in a player that plays scared-- plays as if he wishes he wasn't on the floor. Joel Anthony isn't much bigger than Biedrins, can't shoot for crap from the line either, and has absolutely atrocious hands. That said, the guy bangs out there and plays hard; Biedrins, by contrast, looks as if he can't wait to get off the floor, and is praying that nobody fouls him under the bucket with the ball in his hands.

The only limitation I truly cannot stand/tolerate in a player is a lack of passion. Pre-contract Biedrins had the same limitations that post-contract Biedrins has, the difference being that the former's motor was going every minute he was on the court. The latter?

Not so much.

I guess it's just the optimist in me but I think Biedrins could excel this year in a backup roll. Everyone has been harsh on him the last few years for underachieving (and rightfully so), but this off season has been relatively quiet on the Biedrins criticisms. Might have to do a lot with the questions surrounding Curry and Bogut, our rookie class and our off season acquisitions, but this year he comes in with virtually 0 expectations. If he comes in and can produce 4 pts and 5 rebounds in 12 minutes a game, that would be a huge boost to his Nelly-ruined confidence.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt AB even suits up (barring injury). Only 12 will suit and I see Curry, Jenkins, Jack,Thompson, Rush, Barnes, Jefferson, Lee, Landry, Bogut, Festus and Green.

With Lee being able to play center and with Green being able to play the 4 I don't see where there is any room for AB (barring injury)? :noidea:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt AB even suits up (barring injury). Only 12 will suit and I see Curry, Jenkins, Jack,Thompson, Rush, Barnes, Jefferson, Lee, Landry, Bogut, Festus and Green.

With Lee being able to play center and with Green being able to play the 4 I don't see where there is any room for AB (barring injury)? :noidea:

I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think Jackson wants his only true Center off the bench to be a rookie. With Landry in the fold, and what I have seen of Green and Ezeli, they could both benefit from some D-League time. Obviously, I've only seen a handful of college games and some Summer League, but I'm optimistic that Jeremy Tyler can develop into a solid back-up 4, and needs more NBA minutes. I see Green as a tweener offensive spark off the bench in two years when Beans' and Jefferson's contracts are off the books. For now, he needs minutes, and with Lee, Landry, Barnes and Jefferson on the squad, he will not see much floor time.

I like Ezeli's motor, and if Biedrins shows the same lack of desire that he has shown since signing that huge contract, I'd be stoked to see Festus get his feet wet. However, I think Beans gets the edge.

I'd be really happy if Green and Ezeli develop quicker, but for now, there is no reason to rush them, and I would like the Dubs to err on the side of more height, bulk and experience for the last rotation spots.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think Jackson wants his only true Center off the bench to be a rookie. With Landry in the fold, and what I have seen of Green and Ezeli, they could both benefit from some D-League time. Obviously, I've only seen a handful of college games and some Summer League, but I'm optimistic that Jeremy Tyler can develop into a solid back-up 4, and needs more NBA minutes. I see Green as a tweener offensive spark off the bench in two years when Beans' and Jefferson's contracts are off the books. For now, he needs minutes, and with Lee, Landry, Barnes and Jefferson on the squad, he will not see much floor time.

I like Ezeli's motor, and if Biedrins shows the same lack of desire that he has shown since signing that huge contract, I'd be stoked to see Festus get his feet wet. However, I think Beans gets the edge.

I'd be really happy if Green and Ezeli develop quicker, but for now, there is no reason to rush them, and I would like the Dubs to err on the side of more height, bulk and experience for the last rotation spots.

You're right about Tyler. I forgot all about him. Insert him for Green on my list please, my mistake.

Now that pushes Beins even further down, especially with Tyler being able to run the 4/5. No way AB suits up.