• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Runzler going to start??--Trade Sanchez?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Sabean said that they are condisering move Runzler to the rotation as soon as next year. They are going to try him out in the Spring.

SO, this brings up the question. Why?

Is it that they are planning on trading one of our pitchers for a bat, are concerned about the health of one of them or may try to stock up Runzlers value?

I think this means they are going to trade Sanchez personally. It really makes too much sense, Sanchez had a career year and his value is at an all time high but his inconsistancy scares the Giants and they want to get something for him while they can. Both are lefties and they know they have Wheeler coming quick, so they would still have a surplus when Zito is gone.

Some bats that I'd explore-

J. Sanchez for Delwin Young-RF Minnesota Twins

J. Sanchez and Pablo Sandoval for David Wright-3B NY Mets

J. Sanchez and (some others/pitchers) for Steven Drew and Chris Young/Mark Reynolds (I really see something here, just can't think of the names)

J. Sanchez for Prince Fielder

Maybe a three way deal with Boston and San Diego landing us Jed Lowrie.

-------------------------------------------------------------

These are just some ideas that I have and are obviously rough and would need other players thrown in.

Twitter / Tom Krasovic: #sfgiants GM Sabean says c ...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting information. Thanks for catching and posting this, best. I don't pretend to know what Sabean or any general manager might be thinking. I've been convinced by the kick-ass posters around here numerous times that trading Sanchez is probably not the best way to go. However, Sabean has me trusting him again for obvious reasons. We'll see how long that lasts.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez gets traded, as we do have a surplus in starting pitchers. It will be interesting to see how Runzler develops.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez gets traded, as we do have a surplus in starting pitchers. It will be interesting to see how Runzler develops.

I wouldn't say we have a "surplus" of starting pitchers -- we'd need six legit starters to be in that position. I'd say we have more than any other team (i.e. five). If and only if Runzler develops into a legit starter would I consider trading one of the five and even then I'd eat salary to get rid of Zeets.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something i was thinking. i know its a very long shot, but what if we could sign cliff lee. that would make dirty tradeable. send a nice package (no homo) of sanchez and another prospect and try to pull a big bat.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something i was thinking. i know its a very long shot, but what if we could sign cliff lee. that would make dirty tradeable. send a nice package (no homo) of sanchez and another prospect and try to pull a big bat.

THAT would be sick, but highly doubtful. Although, if they are looking at Crawford, why not Lee?

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you imagine the rotation?

Timmay
Lee
Cainer
MadBum
Zito
say we trade for fielder

line up of

torres
sanchez
posey
fielder
huff
burrell
uribe
panda?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also let that thought cross my mind, but I don't think there's any way we can afford Lee. The Yanks will do whatever it takes to outbid us.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you imagine the rotation?

Timmay
Lee
Cainer
MadBum
Zito
say we trade for fielder

line up of

torres
sanchez
posey
fielder
huff
burrell
uribe
panda?

Scary outfield defense and still a major lack of speed on the base paths, but that team certainly would win a lot of ball games and spend a lot of money. If the ownership group is going to open their collective wallet enough to go after Cliff Lee, I'd rather them make a run at Carl Crawford. He is younger. Plays everyday, and fills three glaring needs from this World Series Championship team (speed, defense and a little pop). Of course, like many, I do not believe this is going to happen. I see pinstripes in Carl's future and have for sometime.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only way I trade Sanchez is if we can get a legitimate young SS like Brignac and a prospect, or a young outfielder who's cost-controlled for a while that has patience and can play defense.

I've thought about Runzler as a starter and it's sketchy. He's a 2 pitch guy at this point that has trouble finding the strikezone. Usually I prefer a starter to have at least 3 average pitches, and Runzler only has 1 plus pitch that I can see, the fastball. Although C.J. Wilson did it so anything is possible.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I trade Sanchez is if we can get a legitimate young SS like Brignac and a prospect, or a young outfielder who's cost-controlled for a while that has patience and can play defense.

I've thought about Runzler as a starter and it's sketchy. He's a 2 pitch guy at this point that has trouble finding the strikezone. Usually I prefer a starter to have at least 3 average pitches, and Runzler only has 1 plus pitch that I can see, the fastball. Although C.J. Wilson did it so anything is possible.

I was thinking about this as well. Runzler was improving on his command before the freak batting injury, but he has the 95-97 mph fastball, obviously his best pitch and a slider that is pretty good, but needs improvment. He never really came to mind on potential starters, but there must be something Raggs sees or Bochy sees because why else would they consider?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of guys who probably shouldn't be starting but the Giants are going to be working magic on them, does anybody know what ever happened to Dontrelle Willis?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's already been said, but my stance on it is this: if you can't get a middle of the order type of bat, then you have to keep Sanchez. His worth every 5 days will be much greater than an average bat. If one of the big arms go down, his importance will be even greater.

Now if he's a piece of the puzzle to get Hanley Ramirez or something then I'm all for it.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's already been said, but my stance on it is this: if you can't get a middle of the order type of bat, then you have to keep Sanchez. His worth every 5 days will be much greater than an average bat. If one of the big arms go down, his importance will be even greater.

Now if he's a piece of the puzzle to get Hanley Ramirez or something then I'm all for it.

I'm not for trading Sanchez under any circumstances. He is one of the four horses we rode to the 2010 World Championship. You keep him.

Add some offense without weakening our strength. We were fortunate this year to have had only 1 injury to a starter - Wellemeyer - which of course turned out to be a positive. What happens next year if Timmy or Cain or Bum are out for extended periods or combined lengths of time? All of a sudden we've traded Sanchez and we're down another starter and we have to scrape up two replacements from the doldrums, not a good thing at all. Who is our 6th starter right now? I don't think we have one, Willis? Runzler now? That's not going to cut it for any extended period of time.

This team is built on the rotation and pitching staff you take away one pillar of that foundation and it's a sore elbow away from collapse. We need to keep the rotation intact and add to it if anything.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not for trading Sanchez under any circumstances. He is one of the four horses we rode to the 2010 World Championship. You keep him.

Add some offense without weakening our strength. We were fortunate this year to have had only 1 injury to a starter - Wellemeyer - which of course turned out to be a positive. What happens next year if Timmy or Cain or Bum are out for extended periods or combined lengths of time? All of a sudden we've traded Sanchez and we're down another starter and we have to scrape up two replacements from the doldrums, not a good thing at all. Who is our 6th starter right now? I don't think we have one, Willis? Runzler now? That's not going to cut it for any extended period of time.

This team is built on the rotation and pitching staff you take away one pillar of that foundation and it's a sore elbow away from collapse. We need to keep the rotation intact and add to it if anything.

A really good question. I'd say it's either Sosa or Pucetas. Wonder what's up with Willis?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A really good question. I'd say it's either Sosa or Pucetas. Wonder what's up with Willis?

I doubt KC would let us use one of their pitchers as our emergency starter, but you never know...

I think that Sosa and Runzler are the only options we have right now and I would not be SHOCKED to see Sosa gone sooner rather than later. I think we need to sign 2 AAAA starters to place in Fresno this year.

I have not heard anything about Willis, so I will not factor him into any lists until I do.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt KC would let us use one of their pitchers as our emergency starter, but you never know...

I think that Sosa and Runzler are the only options we have right now and I would not be SHOCKED to see Sosa gone sooner rather than later. I think we need to sign 2 AAAA starters to place in Fresno this year.

I have not heard anything about Willis, so I will not factor him into any lists until I do.

Pucetas was traded to KC yes. He kind of stunk it up last year for us anyway so no big deal.

Willis was used in relief for us in the minors. Sosa put up average numbers. My guess is that Sabean will sign some more retreads for depth. But this all points back to why we shouldn't even consider trading Sanchez or anyone else.