• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors Gruden Will Be Fired At End Of Season

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Shark - if they actually made that type of trade for Jackson & it didn't pan out in the next few years I truly believe that they would lose most of the fan base & more than one person would try to kill Snyder. I don't see any way that a trade like this will occur.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they make an RG3 type trade for this guy they are out of their minds! He is not of the same caliber of Luck or RG3 (in terms of their status pre-draft). On some of the mock drafts he is viewed as being mid 1st rd or later. Not saying that he won't do well in the NFL, but he is not viewed that way at the current time.

This time in 2011 most had Griffin as a late to mid first rounder. Come end of the season when the QB tree shakes, Jackson name will end up being mentioned in the top ten. He will get comparisons to a faster more mobile Aron Rogers. And nothing boosts QB rankings in the draft like two or three teams desperate for QBs.

All it takes is Bruce to fall in love with him, and another team to suggest that some one else is targeting him and Bruce will do what Bruce does.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Shark - if they actually made that type of trade for Jackson & it didn't pan out in the next few years I truly believe that they would lose most of the fan base & more than one person would try to kill Snyder. I don't see any way that a trade like this will occur.

Socal... Old heads like Breed Sty and myself would be upset. But the kids whos only real recollection of the Skins being good were the RG3 year, and maybe a few good years in between 1991 and now would be all over it. Not to derail the thread, but we both know there are still fans who feel that Griffin didnt fail the team, but the team failed him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time in 2011 most had Griffin as a late to mid first rounder. Come end of the season when the QB tree shakes, Jackson name will end up being mentioned in the top ten. He will get comparisons to a faster more mobile Aron Rogers. And nothing boosts QB rankings in the draft like two or three teams desperate for QBs.

All it takes is Bruce to fall in love with him, and another team to suggest that some one else is targeting him and Bruce will do what Bruce does.

Well - if they choose to go that route (doubt it) then it is possibly their funeral. They would be repeating an action that turned out to be one of the worst in their history. Could they select Jackson? Perhaps - but not at the cost of multiple draft picks. Jackson may climb up the latter, but I see no way that he will be viewed on the same level as Luck & RG3 were in 2012 - those were two of the most hyped QBs in draft history.

Hopefully this is all just irrelevant & they extend Cousins - still possible at this time.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal... Old heads like Breed Sty and myself would be upset. But the kids whos only real recollection of the Skins being good were the RG3 year, and maybe a few good years in between 1991 and now would be all over it. Not to derail the thread, but we both know there are still fans who feel that Griffin didnt fail the team, but the team failed him.

They are in the minority by a long shot. Also - there are lots of younger fans who like Cousins quite a bit. I think that this idea that many Redskins fans want RG3 or an RG3 clone is way off base.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - the idea that Snyder & co are looking to find someone not to win but rather to sell merchandise or seats is also not quite accurate. Merchandise sales are pooled & shared w/ other teams. Redskins still sell most of their seats & in the end attendance is tied into winning & not popularity. That idea may be correct if we were talking about the NBA or MLB. All NFL owners make tons of $$ regardless.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in the minority by a long shot. Also - there are lots of younger fans who like Cousins quite a bit. I think that this idea that many Redskins fans want RG3 or an RG3 clone is way off base.

I think there enough fans that long for what RG3 was supposed to be. And that Cousins is simply too boring in the end.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they make an RG3 type trade for this guy they are out of their minds! He is not of the same caliber of Luck or RG3 (in terms of their status pre-draft). On some of the mock drafts he is viewed as being mid 1st rd or later. Not saying that he won't do well in the NFL, but he is not viewed that way at the current time.

I think Jackson is a far better prospect than RG3. No, I do not want him, but I see him as better.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats awesome. I have resigned to the idea that Kirk is gone.

But knowing this... do you REALLY trust Bruce with two first rounders to NOT trade both those picks plus another one to grab HIS QB? And make no mistake the QB we draft will have nothing to do with whats best for the offense we run, or the team. Pick the QB with the biggest buzz, the guy who is going to sell jerseys and is proclaimed the next elite QB to change the game... thats who Bruce is going to draft. And I fully expect him to trade up in order to assure he gets HIS guy.

I agree. Bruce defiantly won the power struggle with Scot. Hoping Jay can have more of a say so since him and Bruce are buddies. Jay was the one who identified Ioannidis, and there are persistent rumblings of Andy Dalton. Not sure how I feel about that.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Matt Patricia.
I think Jim Schwartz is an underrated HC candidate imo. The Skins have a lot of defensive talent, but haven’t managed to put it together. I think he’d be a good fit with DC depending on who he brings as his OC (and I think Schwartz would want to keep KC).

I like Shaw, but I think he’ll get to pick his spot in the NFL and he’ll want more control than the Skins will be willing to give him.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think even if Darnold does come out... there guy is Jackson
If the Skins want Jackson, they won't have to trade up for him.

Personally, I think the Skins FO will lean toward Mayfield.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jackson is a far better prospect than RG3. No, I do not want him, but I see him as better.

That is probably true, but RG3 was viewed as a much more valuable player at the time in terms of trade value. Perhaps teams were more willing to trade picks at that time - maybe the fact that the RG3 trade was a failure actually makes this type of trade more unlikely moving forward. No way I see a team trading 3 1st rounders & a 2nd for Jackson.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there enough fans that long for what RG3 was supposed to be. And that Cousins is simply too boring in the end.

I think that you are overstating this & basing this on a small amt of fans. Overall I believe that Cousins is very well liked by both Skins & non Skins fans.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is probably true, but RG3 was viewed as a much more valuable player at the time in terms of trade value. Perhaps teams were more willing to trade picks at that time - maybe the fact that the RG3 trade was a failure actually makes this type of trade more unlikely moving forward. No way I see a team trading 3 1st rounders & a 2nd for Jackson.

I dont see us making THAT kind of trade. But if we franchised Cousins and dealt him. I could see us taking our first, the one we got from the trade and one other pick to assure Bruce gets his flavor of the day. Remember the Eagles traded up for Wentz and the Rams traded up for Goff. I think some extra firsts were involved in both trades.

But the Skins have set the bar for getting porked in a trade for sure.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us making THAT kind of trade. But if we franchised Cousins and dealt him. I could see us taking our first, the one we got from the trade and one other pick to assure Bruce gets his flavor of the day. Remember the Eagles traded up for Wentz and the Rams traded up for Goff. I think some extra firsts were involved in both trades.

But the Skins have set the bar for getting porked in a trade for sure.

Could be. Honestly who knows what moves this team will making moving forward. If for no other reason I want them to retain Cousins for the sake of stability. I am tired of this team changing their game plan every 2-3 years & having a little success ultimately followed by failure. Snyder needs to wake up.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Bruce defiantly won the power struggle with Scot. Hoping Jay can have more of a say so since him and Bruce are buddies. Jay was the one who identified Ioannidis, and there are persistent rumblings of Andy Dalton. Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm gonna feel really shitty about that if it comes to pass.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Honestly who knows what moves this team will making moving forward. If for no other reason I want them to retain Cousins for the sake of stability. I am tired of this team changing their game plan every 2-3 years & having a little success ultimately followed by failure. Snyder needs to wake up.

Indeed!!......Not to get off of football but this game plan change every few years reminds me of the Abe Pollin Bullets/Wizards. That dude would get players who were natural full court runners and hire a coach who wanted them to walk the ball up and play a half court game. Then they would literally revamp their roster for the half court game, fire that coach in favor of one who wanted to run the court.

I tells ya fellas/lady, it's somethin' in tha water, yeah that's it....it's tha water!!:crazy::L

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andy Dalton, the literal red headed step child of the AFC North.....seriously??? I don't believe that he's the best QB on his current team, so, hell NO to that guy!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton, the literal red headed step child of the AFC North.....seriously??? I don't believe that he's the best QB on his current team, so, hell NO to that guy!!

He aint Kirk Cousins... thats all that matters. Which would make it an AWESOME move. :thumb: