• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors Gruden Will Be Fired At End Of Season

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has to be feeling the heat. His teams consistently fall flat in big games. Consistently. However, now is not the time to make a HC change. Honestly, with all of the injuries, its very difficult to evaluate how he did this year other than field competitive teams of insurance salesmen for at least a few games. But he gets no fire from these guys when they need it. He also rarely makes in game or halftime adjustments that seem to affect anything. Plus, they won't dump Gruden until the KC issue is resolved. If they want KC, they need Gruden.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has to be feeling the heat. His teams consistently fall flat in big games. Consistently. However, now is not the time to make a HC change. Honestly, with all of the injuries, its very difficult to evaluate how he did this year other than field competitive teams of insurance salesmen for at least a few games. But he gets no fire from these guys when they need it. He also rarely makes in game or halftime adjustments that seem to affect anything. Plus, they won't dump Gruden until the KC issue is resolved. If they want KC, they need Gruden.

That pretty much sums it up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. I think that Gruden likely should be retained, but I have concerns similar to yours. IMO the two games where this was most obvious (in terms of the team showing no fire & adjustments not being made) were the NO & Chargers games. It was ridiculous that they allowed the Saints to rally in that game & when things were going against them they didn't appear to make any moves to counter NO. The Chargers game was a complete disaster & just about all of the Redskins appeared to be going through the motions.

To a certain degree I don't blame Gruden or anyone involved w/ the Redskins since Snyder & Allen have created this culture where having long term success appears to be very difficult. That is where I become frustrated that even w/ a new coach, players, etc this team will still struggle. Sigh...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed!!......Not to get off of football but this game plan change every few years reminds me of the Abe Pollin Bullets/Wizards. That dude would get players who were natural full court runners and hire a coach who wanted them to walk the ball up and play a half court game. Then they would literally revamp their roster for the half court game, fire that coach in favor of one who wanted to run the court.

I tells ya fellas/lady, it's somethin' in tha water, yeah that's it....it's tha water!!:crazy::L

I am glad that you brought up the Wizards. They certainly are not perfect, but at least they appear to be trending in the rt direction, and I have considerably more respect for Leonsis than Snyder. One thing that bothers me is that at least Leonsis does interviews and interacts w/ the fans. Snyder and Allen rarely do interviews & their interaction w/ the fans is horrible. It is as if they don't give a shit about the fans.

It would be nice if these clowns would at least once in a blue moon give an interview and explain their position so that we might be able to understand their philosophy. At best we get these press statements & 5 minute press conference from Allen where he doesn't field questions. If the team were constantly winning and/or I believed that the problem was not w/ ownership I would not care & they could stay silent forever. However in this climate I think that they should be accountable & let us know their gameplan. For once I would like to hear them talk about something beyond that damn team name.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if these clowns would at least once in a blue moon give an interview and explain their position so that we might be able to understand their philosophy..

And what would they say exactly? Our plan of being completely clueless and tone deaf to the ways and means of making the Washington Redskins. A team capable of competing for a Super Bowl title on a year in, year out basis is preceding better than even we hoped for. Sure, we had a couple bumps in the road. Joe Gibbs tried fuckin up the plan twice back in 2005 and 2007. He even had the gall to win a playoff game. Then along came the Shanny's, the Hardhead and 2012. That was merely an anomaly though as was 2015. So, yes, we are ahead of schedule on our achieving our goal. Total and complete ineptness.

#winningoffthefield

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I see all kinds of Snyder bashing and I get it; however, I don’t think you guys are being fair. I see excuses for Gruden and KC on the season, injuries in particular, but I see people blaming the owner for the team not being prepared and lacking fire. Then I think back and remember those people wanting Snyder to stay away from football.

If anything, Snyder should be the most exempt of blame because we all had big hope and dreams after four weeks, and we even had hope and optimism until the second Dallas loss. Did he back the wrong guy in BA and SM? Damn right he did but that could easily have been strictly business.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I see all kinds of Snyder bashing and I get it; however, I don’t think you guys are being fair. I see excuses for Gruden and KC on the season, injuries in particular, but I see people blaming the owner for the team not being prepared and lacking fire. Then I think back and remember those people wanting Snyder to stay away from football.

If anything, Snyder should be the most exempt of blame because we all had big hope and dreams after four weeks, and we even had hope and optimism until the second Dallas loss. Did he back the wrong guy in BA and SM? Damn right he did but that could easily have been strictly business.

The Skins were a pretty decent team in Snyder's first year. Sure, Brad's arm turned into a noodle at the end of the year and the defense could've used some toughening up, but there were signs. Had we beat Tampa I sincerely think we give the Rams all they could handle in the NFCCG. It didn't even take Snyder 24 hours before the dickhead moves started rollin in after the Tampa loss. And sure, maybe getting rid of Scotty Mac was business. If so, its just another mistake in a long line of mistakes. Its also possible though that getting rid of Scotty Mac was just another dickhead move. As far as staying away from football personnel related decisions. It took 2 years before the truth about who wanted Griffin came out. And on top of that, once again Snyder empowered a player to override a coach's decision.

So tell me how you can say w/o doubt that Snyder is staying away from football decisions. You can't do it and we never know until a couple years after Allen is fired what really went on behind the scenes from 2015 up to this point. Lastly, whether it was under Spurrier, Zorn, Gruden and even Joe Gibbs. This team has by and large looked the same. Unable to adjust in the 2nd half. Terrible in the 2 minute drill, unmotivated and uncaring. There's only been one constant during the last 18 years or whatever it is that Snyder has been the owner and its Snyder himself. He's the stain on our Redskins comforter that refuses to be washed away.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what would they say exactly? Our plan of being completely clueless and tone deaf to the ways and means of making the Washington Redskins. A team capable of competing for a Super Bowl title on a year in, year out basis is preceding better than even we hoped for. Sure, we had a couple bumps in the road. Joe Gibbs tried fuckin up the plan twice back in 2005 and 2007. He even had the gall to win a playoff game. Then along came the Shanny's, the Hardhead and 2012. That was merely an anomaly though as was 2015. So, yes, we are ahead of schedule on our achieving our goal. Total and complete ineptness.

#winningoffthefield

No - I don't care about that or any promises. However it would be good to get even an inkling about how he feels about Cousins, Allen, Gruden, etc. Just want to get even a sliver of an idea of what Snyder is thinking. He used to give an extended interview with the WP before the start of each season - now even those are gone.

OK - doesn't have to be Snyder - how about Allen giving an actual interview every now and then? And one where he actually takes questions & doesn't bail 2 seconds after he makes a statement. Again - if things are going great then no need. Oh well - who cares. This team will probably be shit for a very long time. I hope that I am wrong, but hope for Redskins fans almost always turns into crap.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again - if they saw fit to fire SM - so be it. However he should have been immediately replaced with an actual NFL personnel man as GM & not a numbers/PR guy like Allen. Oh well - I guess that they are going to do whatever they need to do & this team will be in the constant cycle of losing seasons sprinkled with the occasional marginally winning season.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No - I don't care about that or any promises. However it would be good to get even an inkling about how he feels about Cousins, Allen, Gruden, etc. Just want to get even a sliver of an idea of what Snyder is thinking. He used to give an extended interview with the WP before the start of each season - now even those are gone.

OK - doesn't have to be Snyder - how about Allen giving an actual interview every now and then? And one where he actually takes questions & doesn't bail 2 seconds after he makes a statement. Again - if things are going great then no need. Oh well - who cares. This team will probably be shit for a very long time. I hope that I am wrong, but hope for Redskins fans almost always turns into crap.

I hear ya, man. I just think there's really no justifiable answers or reasons Snyder or Bruce could offer up. If what most have speculated on the board to be true. All Bruce could really say far as the truth goes would be along the lines of. He felt his position and power were threatened by Scotty Mac and he took appropriate actions (at least in his mind) to secure his position and power which equated to getting rid of Scotty Mac. And Snyder would just be better off saying shit like "I dunno." far as the shit he's done over the almost 2 decades he's owned the team.

Hell, if either one ever told the truth about why they've done the things they've done when acting as the Redskins brain trust. Half the fans in attendance might get a couple ropes and drag their asses to the nearest tree.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, man. I just think there's really no justifiable answers or reasons Snyder or Bruce could offer up. If what most have speculated on the board to be true. All Bruce could really say far as the truth goes would be along the lines of. He felt his position and power were threatened by Scotty Mac and he took appropriate actions (at least in his mind) to secure his position and power which equated to getting rid of Scotty Mac. And Snyder would just be better off saying shit like "I dunno." far as the shit he's done over the almost 2 decades he's owned the team.

Hell, if either one ever told the truth about why they've done the things they've done when acting as the Redskins brain trust. Half the fans in attendance might get a couple ropes and drag their asses to the nearest tree.

Yep you are probably rt. However I certainly wouldn't mind watching Snyder sweat if the rt person were doing the interview. Oh well - wishful thinking.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you are probably rt. However I certainly wouldn't mind watching Snyder sweat if the rt person were doing the interview. Oh well - wishful thinking.
And that is why you won’t see that interview. Snyder doesn’t like to sweat.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why you won’t see that interview. Snyder doesn’t like to sweat.

So true, but I wonder if he sweats at owners meetings when he gets this from more successful "on the field" teams?

upload_2017-12-14_16-22-29.jpeg upload_2017-12-14_16-23-3.jpeg

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins were a pretty decent team in Snyder's first year. Sure, Brad's arm turned into a noodle at the end of the year and the defense could've used some toughening up, but there were signs. Had we beat Tampa I sincerely think we give the Rams all they could handle in the NFCCG. It didn't even take Snyder 24 hours before the dickhead moves started rollin in after the Tampa loss. And sure, maybe getting rid of Scotty Mac was business. If so, its just another mistake in a long line of mistakes. Its also possible though that getting rid of Scotty Mac was just another dickhead move. As far as staying away from football personnel related decisions. It took 2 years before the truth about who wanted Griffin came out. And on top of that, once again Snyder empowered a player to override a coach's decision.

So tell me how you can say w/o doubt that Snyder is staying away from football decisions. You can't do it and we never know until a couple years after Allen is fired what really went on behind the scenes from 2015 up to this point. Lastly, whether it was under Spurrier, Zorn, Gruden and even Joe Gibbs. This team has by and large looked the same. Unable to adjust in the 2nd half. Terrible in the 2 minute drill, unmotivated and uncaring. There's only been one constant during the last 18 years or whatever it is that Snyder has been the owner and its Snyder himself. He's the stain on our Redskins comforter that refuses to be washed away.

I am referring strictly to this season with Snyder. By all accounts, Snyder has kept away and out. Yes, perhaps he chose to ride the wrong horse for football, but he was also trying to workout politically a new stadium.

How can you tell me without a doubt Snyder isn’t staying out of the football decisions?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - if they saw fit to fire SM - so be it. However he should have been immediately replaced with an actual NFL personnel man as GM & not a numbers/PR guy like Allen. Oh well - I guess that they are going to do whatever they need to do & this team will be in the constant cycle of losing seasons sprinkled with the occasional marginally winning season.

Wouldn’t that be Allen’s call if Snyder is staying out of football decisions?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am referring strictly to this season with Snyder. By all accounts, Snyder has kept away and out. Yes, perhaps he chose to ride the wrong horse for football, but he was also trying to workout politically a new stadium.

How can you tell me without a doubt Snyder isn’t staying out of the football decisions?
Game decisions? He’s not involved. Player decisions? I’d bet a lot of money he is involved.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly don’t think Snyder was aware of, and consulted at a minimum, on the whole SM fiasco? They way that whole thing went down just reeks of Snyder and one of his dick moves.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't far as Snyder staying out of football decisions. I'm just saying we thought he was staying out of football decisions during Shanny's tenure. 2 years after the fact we find this to not be the case. In fact we find that Snyder had his grubby little fingers all up in the mix to the tune of making the most important decision personnel-wise of the 2012 season. That being drafting Robert Griffin. Now I'm no fan of Shanny's, but I'd feel much more comfortable with a Shanny decision as opposed to a Snyder decision. At least Shanny still had an eye capable of identifying offensive players that would fit his scheme.

Though I'm also of a mind that I'm not sure anything or anyone will work out long term in DC. Thanks to our habitual dysfunction, our defenses uncanny knack to play its shittiest at the worst possible time. Ditto for the offense though not near as frequently and all out as our defense. As well as other issues all of which too often seemed self-inflicted on some level.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great - regardless of who controls the team it appears that the Redskins overall leadership cares about (in order) 1. the team name 2. a new stadium & 3. the actual success on the field & # 3 is a very distant 3rd. Sigh.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well perhaps you are correct. If so - God help us. This means that the future of the team is in the hands of one Bruce Allen who appears to care primarily about himself & looking good. I guess this could work out - it is just that this is getting really old & fans are starting to reach the pt where you think "what is going to go wrong next" instead of looking forward to the future. I am probably one of the more optimistic fans around, but it is getting tougher & tougher.