• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor/True: Heatley Traded for Martin Havlat

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea!!
Pick a name before you leave the hospital. It will save you a bunch of paperwork for the rest of your life and hers.

Hah... yeah, thanks! That's what we've been told... we'll try to come up with something before we leave tomorrow.. if not, I'll have to drive back here (Cedars-Sinai) by Thursday (think the hospital gives you 5 days max) to turn in the form.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heatley will always be my favorite player and I will still wear my heatley sharks jersey in pride. I understand this deal had to be done though, heatley did not fit the style of this team and I hope he kicks some ass out in minny. I'm excited about havlat coming to the team with speed, but it's a bitter sweet night for me.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Rares! Might I suggest "Veronica?"

Also, PEACE HEATLEY!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is worth me posting in from the hospital (first baby born last night, not going home until tomorrow)...

Good trade; the fact that ANY player came in return for Heatler is a bonus.

Congrats rares!! Enjoy every little moment! It goes by fast!!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Rares!!!!!

Now.........WTF is Doug gonna do next??

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boys over at FearTheFin are jumping ship. lol! I had no idea Heatley was so beloved by so many fans, they are saying Wilson got fleeced. On a side note, I don't think Wilson makes this trade without consulting with his coach and his team leaders ie Thornton, Boyle, etc. I think DW got the green light from those guys and the green light from Burns regarding Havlat. Is that too far-fetched? Something gives me the feeling that Heatley just didn't fit in, he sure didn't look like he meshed very well on the ice.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Todd Richards (former asst coach under TMac) over there in MIN, I'm sure TMac asked TRich about Havlat, and Burns.

OT: Perhaps Richards can come back and fill Yawney's position?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw Doug is working overtime on a Saturday.

Cheers to him

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Todd Richards (former asst coach under TMac) over there in MIN, I'm sure TMac asked TRich about Havlat, and Burns.

OT: Perhaps Richards can come back and fill Yawney's position?

Nah i think Woodcroft is going to get his chance, plus i think alot of the players are receptive to the guy

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Congrats rares!! Enjoy every little moment! It goes by fast!!

So true. My oldest is 23, and it seems like just yesterday I was reading her stories and tucking her in every night.
Congrats Rares.

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always good to hear of a player actually wanting to come here as well. It always seemed like there were a lot of players who liked it here once they arrived but just as many who refused to waive their NTC or sign as FA's because they didn't seen SJ as a hockey town I guess.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
love it, speed, skill and saving cap room

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cangratulations Rares!! I come back from a buddy's wedding and I see two great pieces of news :-)

This is a deft move. Heatley clearly wasnt working here and Havlat is a legit top liner at an extremely reasonable price right in his prime. He's quick and his health concerns really seem overstated to me. He missed all of 4 games last year. Big F'ing deal. He's only missed an average 4.5 games per year the last 3 years, so that's hardly a big concern for me (I think burns is a bigger healthy risk). Anything can happen of course, but I'm not worried. Havlat is legit and he doesnt disappear in the PO's in his history.

Also, it saves the cap space for 3 years! 2.5M is alot to save on one guy. Dougie now has the money to create a threatening 3rd line, and we could be in business. I hope he leaves 2M or so free though, because I think he might be shopping at the deadline for another mid pairing Dman. Roscival, liles, wideman, kubina, bouchemin, Stuart, Jackman, Oduya, Carle, Coburn... the list of to-be-UFA Dmen is long next year and dougie might be able to pluck one midseason if demers and/or braun does not take the next step or an injury strikes.

Dougie just got a whole lot better!