• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor/True: Heatley Traded for Martin Havlat

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
more I think about it, the more I'm unsure

:\

I mean, we do get immediate cap relief, but heater was a shorter deal.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's gonna be very interesting ramifications from this deal. Apparently Heater had by July 1 to submit a list of 10 teams he wouldn't mind being traded to as part of his NMC, and Minnesota wasn't on it. (TSN Article)

Sharks ship Heatley to Wild for Havlat

I think you read that wrong. He had to list 10 teams Dougie couldn't trade him to and Minny wasn't on it. Not 10 teams he could trade him to.

Why do you say that? Or do you mean indirectly.....like how much Burns wants for an extension?

I'm just wondering if Dougie consulted Burns before making the trade. Lockerroom issues, work ethic, stuff like that.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's gonna be very interesting ramifications from this deal. Apparently Heater had by July 1 to submit a list of 10 teams he wouldn't mind being traded to as part of his NMC, and Minnesota wasn't on it. (TSN Article)

Sharks ship Heatley to Wild for Havlat

I think he had to list 10 teams that he would NOT go to, and Minnesota wasn't one of them.
I can't believe they found someone to take Heatley's contract...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more I think about it, the more I'm unsure

:\

I mean, we do get immediate cap relief, but heater was a shorter deal.

What are you unsure of? This is like your wife telling you that she loves you just as much as the moment you met AND you saved money on your car insurance! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What are you unsure of? This is like your wife telling you that she loves you just as much as the moment you met AND you saved money on your car insurance!

in that case

brilliant.jpg

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what's next Dougie? Pavelski and a 1st for Parise?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 6 forwards just got a much needed boost in speed. Not only that, but they subtracted the slowest top forward.

Marleau-Thornton-Pavs
Clowe-Couture-Havlat

Perhaps swap Pavs and Couture.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is worth me posting in from the hospital (first baby born last night, not going home until tomorrow)...

Good trade; the fact that ANY player came in return for Heatler is a bonus.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This thread is worth me posting in from the hospital (first baby born last night, not going home until tomorrow)...

Congrats Rares! Hope mom and baby are doing well.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CONGRATS!!! Your son or daughter has brought forth this good luck! Thank you little rares!!!

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Havlat can stay healthy which he pretty much has for the last three years, and with Joe centering him, he's capable of putting up the monster numbers that Heatley never reached. I like this trade and pretty much all of Doug's moves thus far a lot.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. thanks guys! Daughter, no name yet, can't think of any... maybe Patricia? (LOL! :p)

Both mom and baby doing as good as expected... just gotta learn how to be parents real quick, no biggie. :L

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Rares! And Congrats Dougie! Love the move! I can't wait to see what he does to fill out the rest of the roster.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. thanks guys! Daughter, no name yet, can't think of any... maybe Patricia? (LOL! :p)

Both mom and baby doing as good as expected... just gotta learn how to be parents real quick, no biggie. :L

Congratulations, rares! That is awesome news.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being so excited when Wilson traded for Dany Heatley. I was prediciting 50 goal seasons, thinking we just landed a world class goal scorer for two scrubs. Instead we acquired a weak, lazy, uninspiring hack with a 7.5 million dollar cap hit. Heatley's numbers have declined in each of the past 3 seasons, his shot was nowhere to be found and he could no longer create scoring chances for himself. I think saving the 2.5 million dollar cap hit is huge, whether or not management/ownership decides to utilize it, it's just nice to have. That combined with Nitty's contract off the books next season, although I'm holding out hope he gets dealt at some point this off season, can give us much needed room for Burns and Cootch. I don't know much about Havlat other than he can skate and that's an asset that we desperately needed especially with Seto leaving. I wish Seto the best in Minny, Heatley on the other hand, I hope he falls flat on his face. Good riddance...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea!!
Pick a name before you leave the hospital. It will save you a bunch of paperwork for the rest of your life and hers.