• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor has it that

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson is looking at Steve Kerr as the next NY KNicks head coach. Not a bad move. Steve Kerr is smart, articulate and played in the triangle. I'm intrigued if Phil can run a show. My best bet is that he can but the Knicks have no chips and Melo can leave if he wants to. Jackson has never taken a mediocre team or one on the decline ever. He always had pieces and 3 HOFamers. He's excellent at defining roles but how does anyone, Phil, Einstein, Freud, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk you name it fix the Knicks? I know this is off topic but the Knicks and MSG are important to the NBA and would be cool to see the NY team at or near the top. FYI: Ive Melo to the Bulls in a S/T deal.:clap:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my short list of Coaches who NYK would hire, I have

Mo Cheeks, Patrick Ewing, or my pick to be the next Coach, George Karl.

If NYK is intent on making a strong run to keep Melo, why not bring in Karl, who had him in DEN? Karl would demand respect, and get it right away, he has the rep and credentials to back up his words.

Kerr, who may be a smart "TV analyst" , will forever be known to me as the GM who broke up the run and gun Suns, and brought in Shaq. Great move Kerr.

Whomever Coaches up there will have a hard time, that team needs a major overhaul. I don't expect a quick turn around regardless of whom they bring in.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Karl is top of the line but I think Phil might want someone to run the triangle. Kerr's GM was not the best especially when you think that the Suns style goes back 3-4 decades. Mo Cheeks it won't be - on that level I would prefer Nate McMillan. Also, Stan the Man Gundy would be a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Karl is top of the line but I think Phil might want someone to run the triangle. Kerr's GM was not the best especially when you think that the Suns style goes back 3-4 decades. Mo Cheeks it won't be - on that level I would prefer Nate McMillan. Also, Stan the Man Gundy would be a good choice.

I don't think Phil will have that much say in coaching schemes. He was brought in to be the GM/President? On the day-to-day level, Summer League, Practices, Preseason camps, he won't be there to institute Coaching schemes.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my short list of Coaches who NYK would hire, I have

Mo Cheeks, Patrick Ewing, or my pick to be the next Coach, George Karl.

If NYK is intent on making a strong run to keep Melo, why not bring in Karl, who had him in DEN? Karl would demand respect, and get it right away, he has the rep and credentials to back up his words.

Kerr, who may be a smart "TV analyst" , will forever be known to me as the GM who broke up the run and gun Suns, and brought in Shaq. Great move Kerr.

Whomever Coaches up there will have a hard time, that team needs a major overhaul. I don't expect a quick turn around regardless of whom they bring in.

Mo Cheeks and George Karl have had enough chances in my opinion. Cheeks, especially, has been a failure as a coach.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm looking at barnes for cleve's dion waiters. i'll be talking to j west about this. please let me know.