• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor around Boise is that Chris Petersen is gone after this year

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it happens, but would have no problem replacing Kiffin with Peterson, even if we have a great season!!

For those claiming it's a worse lifestyle at USC, you clearly haven't been there in quite awhile. USC did alot of outreach in the area under Pete Carroll and that outreach continues today!! It's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

As for outdoors, there are plenty of outdoor activities from beaches to mountains to deserts all less than 90 minutes from campus!!

I wasn't specifically talking lifestyle in the USC area, I was referring to the LA Lifestyle in general, It's not like Kiffen lives near campus, he has a fat pad down in Manhattan Beach.

I'm not saying LA is bad, I just moved from Rolling Hills, where I was quite happily for the last 5 years, but if you're used to the lifestyle and pressure in Boise, I can't see where USC is going to attract him, not even with a fat bag of cash.

He already makes more than Kiffen does, and I suspect his stress levels are about a bajillion times lower.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't specifically talking lifestyle in the USC area, I was referring to the LA Lifestyle in general, It's not like Kiffen lives near campus, he has a fat pad down in Manhattan Beach.

I'm not saying LA is bad, I just moved from Rolling Hills, where I was quite happily for the last 5 years, but if you're used to the lifestyle and pressure in Boise, I can't see where USC is going to attract him, not even with a fat bag of cash.

He already makes more than Kiffen does, and I suspect his stress levels are about a bajillion times lower.

:agree: and I stand corrected!!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only skimmed through the thread and seen quite a few posts saying that Chris Peterson wouldn't want to go to USC because of the "pressure"

I think this is a shit argument. Along with the pressure that comes with coaching at USC you get a lot more recognition, a fatter paycheck, a much superior school in just about every aspect, a much better area and all the top tier talent that USC attracts. I would honestly imagine that unless you've got a hardcore case of anxiety USC would be a coach's dream job.

This is no knock on Boise State, just not my cup of tea. I just see what Chris Peterson has done with Boise State players and could not imagine what he would do with the superior talent that USC gets every year.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with a school like Boise is that they are going to go through periods like this more often than the "blue bloods" because of the type of recruits that they get.

They don't get the freshmen who are ready to contribute right away. They get the one's that have to be "coached up". Their players also tend to stay for their senior seasons. So they go through a couple of seasons like the last couple where they are relying on freshmen and sophomores, followed by seasons when they have a lot 4th and 5th year seniors!!

My guess is that in a season or 2, Boise will be back in the top 10!!

^^^

This guy gets it.

Boise State has a distinct advantage in years when loaded with 4th and 5th years Seniors because we don't lose them early. 2010 and 2011 were examples those years.

But in the years when we have to coach up all the new Redshirts like this year and last we drop out of the top 15. 2012 and 2013 are example of these years.

Watch out again in 2014 and 2015.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen is a Northern California guy (U.C Davis). He's recently turned down HC jobs at both CAL and Stanford. So, I really doubt that he'll move for USC. It just doesn't see to be his style.

and he did go talk to usc to when p.c. left.

Bronco-in-SLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "sourse" is the all the butt hurt, sky is falling, Bronco fans who will still be licking their wounds from the Montlake massacre for a very long time.

Honestly. If Peterson turned down Cal which was easily his dream job considering it's his hometown and they just spent several hundred mil renovating the stadium and brand new football operation center/training facilities, why would he go to USC?

USC is not his bag. Too much distraction and gaga built into the job. Coaches like Saban and Carroll can thrive in situations like that, not Peterson. Peterson would burn out faster than Meyer did at Florida trying to deal with USC and all that comes with that job.

^^ This. It's just a bunch of Boise fans whining and finding excuses for the loss. Let me explain something to fellow Bronco's out there - LOSSES HAPPEN, AND WE GOT SPANKED. Plain and simple. I don't feel ashamed at all - Washington is a great team this year. EVERY TEAM has down years, AND down games. We currently have the youngest team of any in Chris Petersens tenure. Washington had everything in their favor - return key players and experience, revamped stadium, and fans hungry for revenge. Makes total sense that we got spanked. It honestly does.

Petersen will not go to USC. He will remain at Boise for a while - has it not occurred to anybody that Boise still has TONS of room to grow, and that his goals are not yet accomplished... in spite of all his success? He hasn't finished his mission at Boise yet.

Petersen is at Boise. And we got spanked. Settled.

Bronco-in-SLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. He makes TONS of money, and RULES that city. The media, fans and administrators at Boise LOVE him.

Bronco-in-SLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

This guy gets it.

Boise State has a distinct advantage in years when loaded with 4th and 5th years Seniors because we don't lose them early. 2010 and 2011 were examples those years.

But in the years when we have to coach up all the new Redshirts like this year and last we drop out of the top 15. 2012 and 2013 are example of these years.

Watch out again in 2014 and 2015.

Well said. We are the youngest team in Christ Petersens era. While we lost some key roles next year (QB, WR's some lineman), we will return experience at almost every other spot. Plus, our QB's in backup are just as capable (probably more so, honestly) as Southwick, and will have learned A LOT by then. Plus we have an awesome recruit coming in at QB - Jalen Green (sp?).

2014 and 2015 *should* be awesome. Petersen is building this program for the future.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was going to leave Boise he would be coaching UNC right now. Chapel Hill is a great place to live, plenty of resources to succeed, Butch Davis' players, easy conference with an autobid, and still low expectations.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was going to leave Boise he would be coaching UNC right now. Chapel Hill is a great place to live, plenty of resources to succeed, Butch Davis' players, easy conference with an autobid, and still low expectations.

We may just need him if Fedora can't get this program together.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it starting to sink in that without kellen moore boise is just a nice mid-major again

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor around the hoop is....BANNED BITCH.

Bronco-in-SLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it starting to sink in that without kellen moore boise is just a nice mid-major again

Our first Fiesta Bowl was won BEFORE Kellen Moore... but OK. Teams go up and down. Hell - USC used to be a power. We'll get back there :) In Pete I Trust!