• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumor around Boise is that Chris Petersen is gone after this year

Big Bow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it's taking a toll on the football program (coaches, players, staff).

There was initial talk he was headed to Texas, but the overwhelming consensus is that Petersen is headed to the Trojans, regardless of what transpires there under Kiffin this year.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was initial talk he was headed to Texas, but the overwhelming consensus is that Petersen is headed to the Trojans, regardless of what transpires there under Kiffin this year.

Makes sense to me. At some point he has to make that move. I don't follow BSU football, but it appears to be a different team without Moore and the horses he had around him.

A recent thread was started here on Mullen. I wonder if he waited to long to make his jump. Should have done it a year ago.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should reboot. The magic is gone.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are these rumors coming from? People on the street or can you provide a source?

I would hate for Petersen to leave BSU he's done a lot for that school and program that most people don't know about. I was under the impression he would never leave, he loves that area. Hasn't he already turned down Stanford and Arizona? Not to mention he's at the top of the list almost every time an aq school has had a coaching change.

That being said if indeed he can be lured away, It would be a great thing for USC.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was NEVER any talk about Petersen coming to Texas, so just stop with that. Not to mention, Petersen is never going to leave BSU. He's got it made: plays in a shitty conference, pads his wins against pussies, has 1 tough game a year, ZERO pressure to win a natty, makes awesome money and has learned from past BSU coaches, who also dominated at BSU and left to coach in real conferences and wound up failing miserably, that leaving BSU isn't a smart idea. He isn't going anywhere.....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anybody leave a great gig in Boise to go to South Central LA? Even if they double your salary, the money won't go as far. Your quality of life won't be as good. And though there is a better chance to win a title at USC, i'd argue that Texas would be a better gig to win a title.

I completely would understand leaving Boise for Austin. USC? Not so much.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just doubt that Peterson is going anywhere. USC is very high pressure and probably not worth the money.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though most knew this was a matter of time, Smiles guaranteed CP would never leave. ...So I don't buy it.

BoSelecta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen will leave BSU after this season and Hitler lives in a 4th Reich Amazonian jungle.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anybody leave a great gig in Boise to go to South Central LA? Even if they double your salary, the money won't go as far. Your quality of life won't be as good. And though there is a better chance to win a title at USC, i'd argue that Texas would be a better gig to win a title.

I completely would understand leaving Boise for Austin. USC? Not so much.

Completely agree, even for 5 million...I rag on the Boise guys a lot, but there are worse places to live than Boise, particularly if you like the outdoor lifestyle. Living in Boise and making 2.2 million a year...even with the unrealistic expectations of most Boise fans, what a cake walk. Imagine living with the unrealistic expectations of most USC fans...5 mil wouldn't seem like such a deal then.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it happens, but would have no problem replacing Kiffin with Peterson, even if we have a great season!!

For those claiming it's a worse lifestyle at USC, you clearly haven't been there in quite awhile. USC did alot of outreach in the area under Pete Carroll and that outreach continues today!! It's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

As for outdoors, there are plenty of outdoor activities from beaches to mountains to deserts all less than 90 minutes from campus!!

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though most knew this was a matter of time, Smiles guaranteed CP would never leave. ...So I don't buy it.

#1. I never made such a statement, you are full of it. I'd call you a liar, but I don't know you. I know for certain that you can't find any such a thing in anything I've posted. I'll simply assume you to be uninformed.
#2. The college coaching carousel will continue to spin, one can't believe anyone, it's more about money and politics than it is football. Boise is no different than anywhere else in that regard. Who knows what will really happen. Every single year, someone has it on inside track info that CP is going to Arkansas, Michigan, Wisconsin, SC, Oregon, hell, Weber St., Idaho, Florida International, the list is endless. Who knows, maybe someone will come along with an offer that cannot be resisted. It happens. It's happened in Boise a lot. Usually, we reload. We'll see what happens.
#3. I find it most entertaining that one bad loss and everyone is preparing for a funeral.
#4. Over the years, I learned that one identifies character by how they handle adversity, and by how they handle success. CP strikes me as one of the best at the latter, we'll see how he handles the former.

Meanwhile, please do me a favor, and don't put words in my mouth, unless of course, you want to eat them. :lame:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2. The college coaching carousel will continue to spin, one can't believe anyone, it's more about money and politics than it is football. Boise is no different than anywhere else in that regard. Who knows what will really happen. Every single year, someone has it on inside track info that CP is going to Arkansas, Michigan, Wisconsin, SC, Oregon, hell, Weber St., Idaho, Florida International, the list is endless. Who knows, maybe someone will come along with an offer that cannot be resisted. It happens. It's happened in Boise a lot. Usually, we reload. We'll see what happens.
#3. I find it most entertaining that one bad loss and everyone is preparing for a funeral.

:agree: I really doubt Peterson leaves. From everything I've read and heard, he has it made at Boise and is very happy!! The ONLY reason that I could think of for him to leave is if he wants to go to a program where he has a real chance at an NC rather than constantly being told his schedule was too weak. Even at that, with the new playof system, he may be able to get there with Boise. There have been at least a couple of seasons where a 4 team playoff may well have included Boise!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,977.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm, I don't recall them finishing 4th or better at the end of any regular season.

Why would he leave? Haven't we seen many who have left and moved on when they believe they have gone as far as they can go with their current job? Who knows if he stays or goes, but say what you will about USC and life around LA, you still get to attract the very best athletes in the nation. That is attractive to a coach who is strong at turning raw kids into high performing football players. It would be easy to see why going to a storied school with natural recruiting advantages might be attractive to someone like him.

Still, that this is coming out after the boise beat down is suspect at best. Every team looses at some point and this is the worst of his tenure. Not like that team has been falling apart for the last few years. They shouldn't do any worse than 10-2 given their schedule and I'm sure that program is going to bounce back just fine.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be the next Dan Hawkins.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm, I don't recall them finishing 4th or better at the end of any regular season.

Why would he leave? Haven't we seen many who have left and moved on when they believe they have gone as far as they can go with their current job? Who knows if he stays or goes, but say what you will about USC and life around LA, you still get to attract the very best athletes in the nation. That is attractive to a coach who is strong at turning raw kids into high performing football players. It would be easy to see why going to a storied school with natural recruiting advantages might be attractive to someone like him.

Still, that this is coming out after the boise beat down is suspect at best. Every team looses at some point and this is the worst of his tenure. Not like that team has been falling apart for the last few years. They shouldn't do any worse than 10-2 given their schedule and I'm sure that program is going to bounce back just fine.

The bolded part is why I don't put too much stock in this. The timing is odd. Boise has a bad loss and suddenly Peterson is gone after next season? Just doesn't seem like something he'd be a part of.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a "regardless of how Kiffen does" situation. USC would have fired him last year if that were the case. I would though make the argument that if Kiffen doesn't make the PAC12 champ game he's toast.

Peterson didn't bolt when he lost Kellen Moore so it wouldn't surprise me if he rides this thing all the way down. Which seems to be coming quickly....

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I admit it I started the rumors!

At some point in time Peterson will move on. A program will offer a boatload of cash. Or he will be given the chance to use a program's name as cache when he recruits. He had a good run at Boise it's probably time he moves on.