• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rules Explanations w Mike Pereira

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike discusses the increase in chop-block calls this year and confirms what everyone of us already knew, that the chop-blocks are technically correct, but perhaps unnecessary.

Pereira also discusses the details of the defenseless player calls and what to expect in the future...

And finally, he talks about how Refs are chosen for the playoffs.

Overall, an excellent discussion and explanation of what's going on in the world of officiating.

Conversation with Mike Pereira

For those not interested in small talk you can FF to 1:45

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect the competition committee to address those chop-blocks this off-season. To tweak the letter of the law where stuff like someone getting pushed while already falling down no longer becomes chop-blocking. Of course the stuff where someone is engaged and then a RB or someone else dives into their legs should be illegal, but the stuff they've called in 49ers games have been ridiculous... even the one that went their way in the Lions game.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd expect the competition committee to address those chop-blocks this off-season. To tweak the letter of the law where stuff like someone getting pushed while already falling down no longer becomes chop-blocking. Of course the stuff where someone is engaged and then a RB or someone else dives into their legs should be illegal, but the stuff they've called in 49ers games have been ridiculous... even the one that went their way in the Lions game.

Agreed!...I think the CC has plenty of evidence of the types of chop blocks that shouldn't be called!