• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rudy's tweets cause a snow storm

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, not even I can understand my jokes. Well, at least the fake ones. Did the fake MHSL82 see it snowed in Utah?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, not even I can understand my jokes. Well, at least the fake ones. Did the fake MHSL82 see it snowed in Utah?

No. But fake MHSL82 did predict that the game against the Wizards would be canceled, due to Snow Storm Jonas.

I wonder what other information fake MHSL82 has in its noggin, and how we can use it to heal Favors.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But fake MHSL82 did predict that the game against the Wizards would be canceled, due to Snow Storm Jonas.

I wonder what other information fake MHSL82 has in its noggin, and how we can use it to heal Favors.

You just knew Sexual Favors was going to get a debilitating STD.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just knew Sexual Favors was going to get a debilitating STD.

LOL! I didn't think MHSL82 liked that nickname.

That must have been fake MHSL82 in post # 5.

Also, for those that ragged on Boozer for his injuries, I hope those people can realize that injuries, unfortunately, are a part of the game. And these players want to play, and they're not milking these injuries. They just can't play.

These guys are competitive, and want to be on the court, and they don't like being injured any more than than fans do.

I'm generalizing a little, but for most players, I think they love playing at the professional level, and want to be as great as possible, and want to be on the court.

They can't get playing time or recognition if they're sitting in a suit.

So when they struggle with injuries and can't seem to find a way back to court, they're not exaggerating. It's as frustrating and discouraging to them as it is for fans.

Sure, some athletes seem to be have great health and rarely have injuries. But with how much information is available these days, if there was some edge those guys had, others would have tried it and tried to gain the same edge.

Hopefully for the people that made mean comments toward Boozer when he was hurt, don't make those same ones to Favors, because I think it's as frustrating for him as it is for anyone on the team. He wants to be out there on the court too.

Even Gobert and Burks had injuries this year too.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I didn't think MHSL82 liked that nickname.

That must have been fake MHSL82 in post # 5.

Also, for those that ragged on Boozer for his injuries, I hope those people can realize that injuries, unfortunately, are a part of the game. And these players want to play, and they're not milking these injuries. They just can't play.

These guys are competitive, and want to be on the court, and they don't like being injured any more than than fans do.

I'm generalizing a little, but for most players, I think they love playing at the professional level, and want to be as great as possible, and want to be on the court.

They can't get playing time or recognition if they're sitting in a suit.

So when they struggle with injuries and can't seem to find a way back to court, they're not exaggerating. It's as frustrating and discouraging to them as it is for fans.

Sure, some athletes seem to be have great health and rarely have injuries. But with how much information is available these days, if there was some edge those guys had, others would have tried it and tried to gain the same edge.

Hopefully for the people that made mean comments toward Boozer when he was hurt, don't make those same ones to Favors, because I think it's as frustrating for him as it is for anyone on the team. He wants to be out there on the court too.

Even Gobert and Burks had injuries this year too.

Nah, we can't recognize that injuries are part of the game re: Boozer. Or Favors for that matter - Favors is Boozer now: milking his exaggerated injury, loving being "injured" and unhurt, doesn't want to be great as possible or even to be getting playing time on the court! They two earn their reputation as wimps when they are in suits collecting paychecks on the bench.

Oops, that was fake MHSL82.

Never had an issue with Boozer except for his fake hair. It would have been funny if he had decided to tattoo it on but changed his mind midway. I recognize why Boozer is unliked in Cleveland and if that happened to the Jazz, I would add him to the list with Derek Fisher, Ronnie Seikally, and Derek Harper. (I think that's his name, that SOB is not worth looking up. ;))

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, we can't recognize that injuries are part of the game re: Boozer. Or Favors for that matter - Favors is Boozer now: milking his exaggerated injury, loving being "injured" and unhurt, doesn't want to be great as possible or even to be getting playing time on the court! They two earn their reputation as wimps when they are in suits collecting paychecks on the bench.

Oops, that was fake MHSL82.

Never had an issue with Boozer except for his fake hair. It would have been funny if he had decided to tattoo it on but changed his mind midway. I recognize why Boozer is unliked in Cleveland and if that happened to the Jazz, I would add him to the list with Derek Fisher, Ronnie Seikally, and Derek Harper. (I think that's his name, that SOB is not worth looking up. ;))

Cleveland's GM is to blame for that one.

They could have signed him to an extension, or they could have kept the 1 year, $695K option on him, then had RFA rights.

Instead, they declined the team option, and misjudged the market for him. They thought they could resign him to a cheap longterm contract.

They underestimated the cap space the great Utah Jazz had, and Boozer's agree-ability to sign with them. They probably never took Utah's cap space seriously.

Cleveland should have kept the $695K team option on Boozer and gotten him cheaply for one more year, for 2004-2005. Then they could have resigned him using Bird Rights longterm.

I look fondly upon the 2004 free agency class. Okur + Boozer. No, they didn't get to the NBA Finals.

But they were a productive core for several years. At least they were productive. They could have been terrible busts.

AK's extension is more frustrating, since he wasn't as productive IMO.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after this thread was created, Favors returned.

The sky is smiling again.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after this thread was created, Favors returned.

The sky is smiling again.

Oh, I miss the days where I could discuss the Jazz with you and @Sackataters and the ESPN guys. But I wouldn't trade the kids or employment to do so. Just being nostalgic.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I miss the days where I could discuss the Jazz with you and @Sackataters and the ESPN guys. But I wouldn't trade the kids or employment to do so. Just being nostalgic.

I'm still getting your and Sackataters in short spurts, so it's still something.

I do miss anonymoussource. I spent several days, a few weeks ago, trying to remember which ESPN poster it was that traveled to Germany in 2009 or 2010, and said his wife started punching him when he started driving fast on the Autobahn.

I decided that it was most likely anonymoussource.

I also like chatting about these other OT stories too.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's the ASG weekend, let's assess the playoffs outlook, and what needs to be done to get it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still getting your and Sackataters in short spurts, so it's still something.

I do miss anonymoussource. I spent several days, a few weeks ago, trying to remember which ESPN poster it was that traveled to Germany in 2009 or 2010, and said his wife started punching him when he started driving fast on the Autobahn.

I decided that it was most likely anonymoussource.

I also like chatting about these other OT stories too.

It ironically fits for the person you don't know if he posted the story was anonymoussource. Perhaps if he weren't anonymous, you would have remembered.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ironically fits for the person you don't know if he posted the story was anonymoussource. Perhaps if he weren't anonymous, you would have remembered.

You're wondering whether I'm going to give you a "Bad Post" or "Good Post".

I give that a Good Post.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wondering whether I'm going to give you a "Bad Post" or "Good Post".

I give that a Good Post.

We should do a counter or something, maybe put it as a signature. The rules would have to exclude article posts or whatnot, it could only include our thoughts or comments on something. No posting of articles on how so and so beat cancer... good post! You know? I think I'm 50-50 right now on Good Posts/Bad Posts from you or 55-45 either way.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should do a counter or something, maybe put it as a signature. The rules would have to exclude article posts or whatnot, it could only include our thoughts or comments on something. No posting of articles on how so and so beat cancer... good post! You know? I think I'm 50-50 right now on Good Posts/Bad Posts from you or 55-45 either way.

I don't want to set rules. If you post an article that is full of 4 annoying pop-up ads, or has those flash ads which expand full screen and you have to watch for 30 seconds before you can get to the article (typically around March Madness), then that usually is not deserving of a good post, because of the annoyance factor.

Or if the article one posts a link to, is beyond useless.

I understand your sentiment though, that giving a rating to one's post should be on original content, not external content.

BUT, sometimes external content is appreciated too. I think I mentioned several times last year how you would post links to articles that I hadn't seen elsewhere, and wouldn't see elsewhere. So had I not checked this board, I would have missed out on something good. So when you post external content that is good, and for some reason under-appreciated or under the radar elsewhere, it deserves acknowledgement too.

I do think you're on a run of many good posts lately (kind of like those vicious runs this year's Jazz team goes on when it makes a lot of 3's).